New York Is Thatta Way Man!: Another World's Longest Miracle Review

Nicole721

Am reading your Freedom review now, in between your installments of your mothers day review. Great review too! Never realized though that the "tea times" that are offered are more then just "tea". Guess I've been missing out on some good food on my past cruises. When I board the Freedom in a few week's I'll have to make sure I go to a "tea time" or two.

After reading all these post between the Miracle and the Freedom, I feel like I know you, your sister, your mom and your grandma. Nice to see that you all stick together and get out and travel often.

This may be one of the stranger questions you have been asked but here goes. In part 6 there appears to be a picture of the Chrysler Building in New York. Can you tell me where this is located on the ship? I am doing a scavenger hunt for my upcoming group cruise and this would be a great thing to have to find. I never noticed it when we sailed on her before. By the way, love your review. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Part 9 is done!

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-york-is-thatta-way-man-just-another.html

I really apologize for the delay. My best friend is getting married in two weeks and things are kind of crazy right now! But I appreciate those of you who are sticking in it with me! Hope you enjoy!!! :)

Am reading your Freedom review now, in between your installments of your mothers day review. Great review too! Never realized though that the "tea times" that are offered are more then just "tea". Guess I've been missing out on some good food on my past cruises. When I board the Freedom in a few week's I'll have to make sure I go to a "tea time" or two.

After reading all these post between the Miracle and the Freedom, I feel like I know you, your sister, your mom and your grandma. Nice to see that you all stick together and get out and travel often.

Thank you!!!

Tea time is really fantastic (you'll probably find most, if not all, of my family there on any given sea day :)). Hope you had a fantastic Freedom cruise!

This may be one of the stranger questions you have been asked but here goes. In part 6 there appears to be a picture of the Chrysler Building in New York. Can you tell me where this is located on the ship? I am doing a scavenger hunt for my upcoming group cruise and this would be a great thing to have to find. I never noticed it when we sailed on her before. By the way, love your review. :)

Thanks! :)

As someone else pointed out, it is indeed located in the Nick and Nora's Steakhouse :)

Bumping this up....patiently waiting for next installment :)

It's up! Hope you enjoy :)

Looking for more! Been almost a month

Sorry! I've been *so* unbelievably busy. I've taken to writing this in smaller parts whenever I can instead of sitting down and writing it in one long session like I used to. I'm gonna try to crank out another part this weekend (fingers crossed!) because my next two weekends are going to be insane.

WE really miss you and your posts...come back to us soon...

I hope there isn't anything wrong and all is well with you and your family!

Thanks for the concern! Family is fine ::knock on wood:: :)

Bump. Waiting for the next chapter:)

Hope you enjoy it! :)

I just gave up.

Hmmkay.

Nicole!!! Where are you??? Don't leave me like this... :p

Ahhh so busy. And then I had a slight case of writers block in deciding how to approach this chapter :/ I'm going to start the next installment now so I can try to get it up sooner!

Part 9 is done!

http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-york-is-thatta-way-man-just-another.html

I really apologize for the delay. My best friend is getting married in two weeks and things are kind of crazy right now! But I appreciate those of you who are sticking in it with me! Hope you enjoy!!! :)

So glad everything is OK with your family.

I hope you post some wedding pics too! I love weddings!

Have a great time!

Nice update Nicole. I have to agree that it was an atrocious day weatherwise. We were on the first tender over (top deck) and the skies opened up. We were committed as we had rented the Oasis.

Our daughter gave up around 1:30. We didn't make it to 3.

This is how bad the weather was and we were the closest point to the ship.

2904468050048107033ZnQNDA_th.jpg

Hi Nicole!

Settling in to read part 10, so excited! Thank-you so much for these reviews. I have been searching for info, and can not find any, about coffee cards. If I understand correctly there is a specialty coffee shop on board, near the theater. Do you know costs of lattes or cappuccinos? Also, do they offer a coffee card where you pre-pay for a number of drinks, which ends of costing less per cup? They had that on princess and it was so awesome.

Diana

Yay! I liked the latest installment.

My fiance and I don't really care for Nassau either... we actually booked our next cruise on the ship and line we did just to avoid Nassau! But at least you got off and got cheap internet, those prices on the boat are definitely insane!

Hi Nicole!

Settling in to read part 10, so excited! Thank-you so much for these reviews. I have been searching for info, and can not find any, about coffee cards. If I understand correctly there is a specialty coffee shop on board, near the theater. Do you know costs of lattes or cappuccinos? Also, do they offer a coffee card where you pre-pay for a number of drinks, which ends of costing less per cup? They had that on princess and it was so awesome.

Diana

There is a coffee bar right outside the theater on the 2nd deck. There is also smaller version on the Lido Deck. They have a smaller menu than the one on Deck 2 and different hours. I don't remember there being a card to purchase, but my family mainly drank iced coffees. I know that they were fairly reasonable in price. For some reason $3.40 sticks in my mind and that would be after the 15% gratuity.

Archived