EZ Check

stoneharborlady

After reading another thread about EZ Check on this page, I went to the Princess website to see if I could read up on it. I found nothing. Could someone really explain how this works, step by step.

1- Do you turn over your luggage on the ship, at the cruise terminal, or at the airport itself?

Thank you.

I know you register it on the ship and they give you boarding passes baggage tags on the night before disembarkation. You then put your bags out the night before disembarkation and pick the luggage up at your home ariport.

Does anyone know if it applies to Continental flights from Fll to Vancouver?

Wow, you mean you dont even have to claim your bags in the cruise terminal? That alone would be worth it.
If you are accepted (it'll depend on your airline and flight time), the cruiseline does everything. They print out your boarding passes, even if you have a connecting flight, and give you an airline tag for your luggage and a ship's disembarkation tag. You put the tags (airline and ship's) on your luggage and put it out the night before. You won't see it again until you arrive at your destination city. What I'm fuzzy on, and have to look up, is that I believe you have to disembark at a particular time and take either a transfer to the airport or a tour that ends at the airport. I'll have to go through my old docs to check that out. I'm not sure if you can use EZ Check and disembark the ship independently.

Bless you Pam, you really are the best around here. Must I arrange that transfer now, before sailing, or can that be done on the ship too?
It can only be done on the ship and not pre-arranged. Forms will be dropped off in your cabin during your cruise and if you choose EZ Check, must be turned in fairly quickly. It takes them quite a while to check each passenger's flight arrangements and print out the documents, as you can imagine. FYI, you will need a copy of your airline booking info to give them (they will make a copy and give it back.) Some people figure that in today's e-docs world, they don't need to bring a copy, just the booking #. The ship needs to verify the booking # and, of course, some people transpose letters or have the wrong #.

Hello All,

The DW and I used EZ Check this past May when on our Mexican Riviera cruise out of LAX. You get the form in your mailbox before mid cruise. It worked great for us and it was so nice not having to deal with our luggage until we got back to Boston. We did have a Princess transfer from the LA cruise terminal to LAX and we had a designated early off the ship even though our flight wasnt until mid afternoon. We also had a connecting flight through Dallas and we experienced no hiccups what so ever. I would strongly recommend trying it as the convenience is amazing. Oh and by the way, we flew American Airlines. The forms provide a list of airlines that use EZ Check.

Good LucK and enjoy your cruise,

Jeff

Does anyone know how they handle the fact that my American Express card now offers no baggage fees for Delta flights? Does Princess still charge you the baggage fee?
When I used it (on HAL but it's the same program) last April, I was concerned about that as I was flying Biz Class and shouldn't be charged a luggage fee. Even though the info sheets say you will be charged, I was assured that once they check the booking, if no fee is charged by the airline for your booking, you won't be charged. In other words, they pass on a fee only if the airline would charge you. I was not charged the baggage fee, as promised.

EZ check and what you do when you get off the ship are not connected. The luggage goes to the airport and not with you on the bus.You don't claim it until you are home. We did this in Seattle. We did have Princess transportation and tour before being dropped off at the airport. That is separate from the EZ check.

The only thing on easy check is you can't have an early flight. They have to have time to get your luggage to the airport.

If you already have a transfer, there's no extra charge beyond the $20 for EZ Check. If you don't have a transfer, you check the box that includes EZ Check and transfer. It's charged to your onboard account.

After our T/A on the Crown from Southampton to NY, my sister and I plan to use EZ Check combined with a tour of NYC as our flight back to LAX isn't until 5pm (thank you, AA).

EZCheck is not for all airlines. The form you get will list them. You do not have to use Princess transfers to use EZCheck. We did not use it because we had only one bag between the two of us and Princess would have charged us $20 per person if we'd used it. Since we'll have two bags on our next cruise we may just go ahead and use it.

I know you register it on the ship and they give you boarding passes baggage tags on the night before disembarkation. You then put your bags out the night before disembarkation and pick the luggage up at your home ariport.

Does anyone know if it applies to Continental flights from Fll to Vancouver?

I don't believe you can use it on international flights from the US. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I know it works from Vancouver to the US, but that is because you, technically, do not enter Canada but are considered "In-Transit".

I don't believe you can use it on international flights from the US. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't know about Continental, but it has been offered in the past for Air Canada flights from FLL/MIA (don't remember which) to Canada.

This may be a "stupid" question but, when you use EZ check are you charged by the bag? My husband and I will have 2 bags each. does the EZ check charge cover what the airline would charge you per bag or are you charged by both Princess and the airline? We will be flying AA out of Miami on our return to FLL. Thanks

Another question........does anyone know if Southwest participates in the EZ Check program in Fort Lauderdale? I am looking at a 3:15 flight and really don't want to have to lug my luggage around. Prefer to check in and then have time to go over to the beach, have lunch and hang out before my flight.

Another question........does anyone know if Southwest participates in the EZ Check program in Fort Lauderdale? I am looking at a 3:15 flight and really don't want to have to lug my luggage around. Prefer to check in and then have time to go over to the beach, have lunch and hang out before my flight.

No there is a company for Southwest right outside the terminal exit called Bags to Go, they charge $10 per bag but you must claim your bag in the terminal first.

This may be a "stupid" question but, when you use EZ check are you charged by the bag? My husband and I will have 2 bags each. does the EZ check charge cover what the airline would charge you per bag or are you charged by both Princess and the airline? We will be flying AA out of Miami on our return to FLL. Thanks

The EZCheck charge is in addition to any baggage fees that the airline will impose.

You will be charged for any airline luggage charges if they apply in addition to the EZ Check charge, which is for the convenience of printing your boarding passes and storing/handling your luggage. FYI, you cannot do EZ Check if your flight is before 2pm if you are flying out of MIA.

Archived