EZ Check

stoneharborlady

Does anyone know how they handle the fact that my American Express card now offers no baggage fees for Delta flights? Does Princess still charge you the baggage fee?

As Pam said in response to you earlier, they are supposed to contact the airlines and go by what they say. I used the service 2 months ago (we were using a car service to get to the airport) and when I received the sign up sheet it indicated a $25 charge per bag for American Airlines. I went to the front desk and asked about that since I had purchased my tickets before they imposed the higher fee and we were grand fathered. We had no problem at the airport when we left - we were charged the correct amount. The person taking care of the service at the front desk said they always check with the airlines and charge you accordingly. Bottom line we were charged the $25 per bag.

Several weeks of back and forth between Princess/American Airlines and the credit card company I used to pay for the tickets, and I received a refund. The amount shows up on your final bill the morning you leave the ship - make sure you check it if you weren't supposed to be charged the fee.

Not sure where the OP's port will be but protocol in San Juan is a little different. We did the southern itinerary and upon returning to San Juan using the EZ Check. Our boarding passes were delivered to our cabin by debarkation morning. We did have to claim our big checked bags in the cruise terminal (nasty hot long line :eek:) and take them through customs. Then just a short ways past customs we dropped them off again at a designated area. That was where we said goodbye to them and didn't see them again till our home airport. Airport transfers were optional when we signed up which is good because we always prefer a taxi rather than the "waiting bus". Money well spent and we'll do it again.

We used US Direct (on HAL) in Vancouver and it was wonderful! We tried to use EZ Check in Ft. Lauderdale but were not approved even though our flight was late enough. No explanation was given. They just said that we were not approved. We wound up taking our luggage off ourselves and it worked great. We walked off the ship and got directly into a taxi and were at the airport in minutes. And we saved a lot of money (about $80). I think in Vancouver it is definitely worth the money but in FLL, what we did worked really well and I would do it again.

I've used EZ Check twice, once out of FLL and once out of LAX. I used Delta both times. It worked great and I will always use this option if they offer it. It's so worth the money. You already have your boarding pass when you get to the airport, so you can bypass all the lines and go right to security. I love it.

Just wanted to give you an update on our disembarkation yesterday in Seattle.

As posted earlier we used the EZ Check with Delta as our carrier. Princess requires a 1130 am or later departure to utilize this service and our flight was at 1135 so we just made the cutoff.

We filled out the forms with our flight info and agreed to the $20pp charge as this had to be completed by Tuesday at noon to participate.

Friday evening we placed our bags outside the cabin foor around 930 pm and did not see them until the baggage carousel in ATL.

Our assigned group was White One and we disembarked around 750 and arrived at the gate at SEATAC at 0845 with almost 3 hours to kill.

We simply walked off the ship and caught a taxi (there were scores of them waiting) and the fare was $44.95 for four of us.

Kudos to Princess as this could not have been easier.

Mike:D

One slight negative. Yes, it was handy to not have to deal with luggage. If you want fkexibility in flights though, it won't help. We got to the airport in FLL. Went to see about an earlier flight. There were seats available, but since we didn't physically have our luggage, they wouldn't help us. Don't know if others have had this happen.

We also used it in 2008 on the Golden Princess, I don't know if this was the first time they offered it, but they had a major kink in the system, everyone of the boarding passes was in some woman's name that nobody knew and in my case a different airline. I went down to get it fixed along with with a pile of other people and it took quite a while, but it turned out perfect. (Of course I was worried that luggage would not make it to Atlanta) I will do it again in May 2011, it was so nice. We were flying AirTran.

One slight negative. Yes, it was handy to not have to deal with luggage. If you want fkexibility in flights though, it won't help. We got to the airport in FLL. Went to see about an earlier flight. There were seats available, but since we didn't physically have our luggage, they wouldn't help us. Don't know if others have had this happen.

EZ Check is designed to work only with the flights that you designate on the sign up form. I would agree that trying to change your flights after the fact would cause significant a significant problem.

Mike:)

EZ Check Participating Airlines and Applicable Ports - Disembarking Passengers

QUALIFYING FLIGHT
                                                        DEPARTURE TIMES ON THE
Port             Airport  AA AC AS B6 CO DL FL NW UA US  DAY OF DISEMBARKATION 

San Diego        SAN      X     X  X  X  X  X  X  X  X    11:30AM -11:59PM
Los Angeles      LAX      X     X     X  X  X  X  X       12:00Noon - 11:59PM
Port Everglades  FLL      X        X  X  X  X  X  X  X    11:30AM - 11:59PM
Port Everglades  MIA      X           X  X  X        X    2:00PM - 11:59PM
Honolulu         HNL      X           X  X        X       11:30AM - 11:59PM
San Juan         SJU      X        X  X  X     X  X       11:00AM -11:59PM
Seattle          SEA      X     X     X  X  X  X  X  X    12:00Noon - 11:59PM
Whittier         ANC      X     X     X  X     X  X       12:00Noon - 11:59PM
Vancouver        YVR      X  X  X              X  X  X    10:30AM - 11:59PM

EZ Check Airline Codes
 Airline
 Code      Airline
 AC        Air Canada
 FL        Air Tran 
 AS        Alaska Airlines
 AA        American Airlines
 CO        Continental Airlines
 DL        Delta Airlines
 B6        JetBlue
 NW        Northwest Airlines (old)
 UA        United Airlines
 US        US Airways

Please note: all times/ports/airlines can change periodically, so do check with your travel agent

Archived