Our 4k cabin is listed as "ocean view"

skings

Just paid for our cruise on the Legend, when looking at my documents they have our cabin number "4132" and ocean view in parenthesis. I had a friend who sailed on Legend staying in cabin 4119 and she thought her documents stated (inside). Just wondering if Carnival is going to reclassify these cabins again.:eek::)

Here's a description of your cabin:

Cabin 4133 (4K OSTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: obstructed French Doors

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Your view should look like this:

frenchdoors.jpg

:)

Thanks for quick response Mach, I think we should have a better view than the one pictured, but I will be happy just having french doors, just wondered why Carnival is calling this cabin "Ocean View":) in my documents.

Thanks for quick response Mach, I think we should have a better view than the one pictured, but I will be happy just having french doors, just wondered why Carnival is calling this cabin "Ocean View":) in my documents.

If you crawl inside the lifeboat outside your cabin, you'll have an oceanview;):D...

I love the 4K cabins-the fresh sea air, the sound of the waves, the light, etc.:cool: I hope CCL doesn't re-classify them as Ocean View=more $$, as these were great cabins at inside prices.......

Just paid for our cruise on the Legend, when looking at my documents they have our cabin number "4132" and ocean view in parenthesis. I had a friend who sailed on Legend staying in cabin 4119 and she thought her documents stated (inside). Just wondering if Carnival is going to reclassify these cabins again.:eek::)

We are in a 4K on the Legend and our docs also state 4112 (oceanview) ...but I know it isn't since we've been in this cabin before ;) If you stick your head out the door and look between the lifeboats then it might be considered "oceanview" :D

Legend is a "sister" ship to the Pride right?

We had one of those 4K rooms on the Pride back in July, all documentation I had for that cabin always showed it as an inside cabin. We were cool with it though. At the time we booked, we were upgraded from like a 4A inside to the 4K, as I liked to call it, "LBV" or LifeBoatView....

However, if you layed just right across the bed and looked down below the lifeboat and between the deck underneath, you did have a view of the ocean!!

We are in a 4K on the Legend and our docs also state 4112 (oceanview) ...but I know it isn't since we've been in this cabin before ;) If you stick your head out the door and look between the lifeboats then it might be considered "oceanview" :D

Kinda like at Disneyworld. I booked a waterview room at one of the resorts. Their definition of waterview was a room with a view of the pool.

4132 on the Legend does have a slight view. It is between two lifeboats. (our friends stayed in that cabin on our cruise in July).

We stayed in 4114. It had a similar view. You can see the pics on my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1256958

Our other friends stayed in 4115. It had the same view.

Our other friend stayed in 4110. 4110 had a view of the lifeboats.

I think we should have a better view than the one pictured, but I will be happy just having french doors,

If you have a 4K your view will be much like the photos shown... We were in 4194 and we had 'ALITTLE" more of a view but not much...

View or no view, these are great cabins at a great price... Just hope you dont have the speakers outside your windows like we did on the Spirit... They were so loud that everytime an announcement was made I would go flying out of bed or off the couch...

I had one of these cabins a couple of years ago--4140, I think. At that time Carnival did have these classified as ocean view 5a. Like all the other cabin categories, price seemed to depend on how well the cruise was selling, and they were selling them at the same cost as a 4A. It was a great bargain, especially for being able to have natural light & a bit of a view. So even if they take them back to oceanview status, there will probably be some good deals to be found.

I have cabin 5193 booked on Legend. When I went to my cruise documents CCL says my cabin is Oceanview. It is not. It is a balcony cabin. There are no oceanview cabins on that deck. There must be a glitch in their system....

My 7A is also showing up as an oceanview and not a balcony.

I noticed the change also the other day on my 4J for the Victory. It states it's an oceanview also. I know the only ocean I will be seeing from my window is if there are rough seas - I might be able to catch a peak during one of the swells.

I had one of these cabins a couple of years ago--4140, I think. At that time Carnival did have these classified as ocean view 5a. Like all the other cabin categories, price seemed to depend on how well the cruise was selling, and they were selling them at the same cost as a 4A. It was a great bargain, especially for being able to have natural light & a bit of a view. So even if they take them back to oceanview status, there will probably be some good deals to be found.

We're staying in 4140 in October, hopefully you took good care of it for us :)

Archived