alcohol in cabin-please clarify

SeaboundQT

i am a little confused. by the sounds of things on celebrity summit, you cant bring any outside alcohol (that you bought while off the ship) into your stateroom (they hold it for you till end of cruise?) but what if we buy a bottle of wine from the ship's own liquor store - can we bring that into our room? how do we get to share a nice glass of wine on our balcony? is ordering it through room service the only way? please advise if u can. many thanks, lisa

You are allowed to bring on two bottles, per stateroom of your own wine but only when you initially board the ship and not at a port stop. This can be enjoyed in your stateroom. You can also take it to the dining room but if you do so there will be a $25/bottle fee for consuming it in the dining room or a lounge on the ship. The cruise lines policy prohibits any other alcoholic beverages from being brought on board.

While there is the above restriction on bringing alcoholic beverages on board there is no restriction on consuming alcoholic beverages in your stateroom. You can purchase wine and liquor by the bottle or glass on board the ship to consume in your stateroom or on your veranda, or virtually any other place on the ship. Likewise any alcoholic beverage purchased in one area of the ship can be taken to another area and in most cases the staff will take care of this for you on request. Your stateroom attendant will provide glasses, ice, or other items you'll need and will even ice down a bottle of white or sparkling wine in an ice bucket for you on request. Any alcoholic beverages for your stateroom can be ordered through room service, your stateroom attendant or butler, the mini-bar in your room, most bar servers, and even through your interactive TV set. All of these will be more or less at restaurant/resort type pricing which is well above retail wine or liquor store prices. The liquor store on board sells bottles of liquor at low prices but this is for you to take off the ship and not for consumption on board.

Lisa

With Celebrity you are allowed 2 bottles of wine per state room as carry on at the beginning of the cruise. Click Here For A Link.

They also have a wine package that you can purchase on board. Here's The Link For That.

Have a great cruise,

Charlie

I was wondering how many bottles of wine are in the wine packages and are they available on all ships. We are sailing on the Solstice. Thanks

I was wondering how many bottles of wine are in the wine packages and are they available on all ships. We are sailing on the Solstice. Thanks

The web site says "quatities vary with package". Follow the link in my previous post and on the right side is a link to reserve a package. I believe if you follow that you can find the answer.

Charlie

i am a little confused. by the sounds of things on celebrity summit, you cant bring any outside alcohol (that you bought while off the ship) into your stateroom (they hold it for you till end of cruise?) but what if we buy a bottle of wine from the ship's own liquor store - can we bring that into our room? how do we get to share a nice glass of wine on our balcony? is ordering it through room service the only way? please advise if u can. many thanks, lisa

The 2 bottles of wine brought on board at embarkation is for consumption in your stateroom only. Consumption anywhere else on the ship -- you have to pay $25 corkage.

A bottle of wine purchased from the ship can be consumed anywhere on the ship, including the dining room, with no corkage whatsoever.

Hi Charlie

Thanks for that, I checked and found out that it is not available on the Solstice at the moment. Our cruise is not until next year so hopefully they will bring it in before then. Cheers

The web site says "quatities vary with package". Follow the link in my previous post and on the right side is a link to reserve a package. I believe if you follow that you can find the answer.

Charlie

You can only do that if you have a current reservation with X.

Thanks everyone - so just to clarify - we can buy 2 bottles in San Juan (where we board the ship - we are staying there the night prior) and bring them directly into our stateroom to keep there? and...if we buy a bottle ON the ship - that can also come into our stateroom with us? These boards are great and I really appreciate all the advice - as a first time cruiser - we have lots of questions. :)

Thanks everyone - so just to clarify - we can buy 2 bottles in San Juan (where we board the ship - we are staying there the night prior) and bring them directly into our stateroom to keep there? and...if we buy a bottle ON the ship - that can also come into our stateroom with us? These boards are great and I really appreciate all the advice - as a first time cruiser - we have lots of questions. :)

Yup. You've got it right.

Charlie

Yes.

At the San Juan pier there is actually a store in the cruise terminal, just after the check-in counters, that has a small selection wines at prices that are pretty good for San Juan. Their selection wasn't large but covered a wide range of price points.

On board your wine purchase will be at higher restaurant/resort type prices.

For example we bought a couple bottles of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label at the port store and I think they were $35/bottle. On the ship they sell this Champagne for something around $80/bottle - not a bad price compared to restaurants around Chicago but still at restaurant type pricing. They had wines available there under $10/bottle where the least expensive wines on the ship start around $25. Prices for wine bought on board the ship are the same regardless of where you purchase them on the ship - although they do have some small discounts on packages of several bottles on board.

So is there a size restriction on your "two bottles"?

What if someone brought aboard a Rehoboam, Methuselah, or a Solomon and said, "These are my 2 bottles'?

I'm sure it's been done and if they were a reasonable size like a Magnum would probably not raise any issues.

What if someone brought aboard a Rehoboam, Methuselah, or a Solomon and said, "These are my 2 bottles'?

I'm sure it's been done and if they were a reasonable size like a Magnum would probably not raise any issues.

good question.

I've read posts from cruisers who did this and most were Ok, as were some with boxes of wine, but some were told it was not OK and that the limit is 2 standard bottles for a total of 1.5 L (750ML x 2). The policy itself is silent on bottle size.

I've read posts from cruisers who did this and most were Ok, as were some with boxes of wine, but some were told it was not OK and that the limit is 2 standard bottles for a total of 1.5 L (750ML x 2). The policy itself is silent on bottle size.
Probably depends a lot on whether the "gatekeeper" is in a good mood or not:rolleyes:

Charlie

In the wine industry, 'bottle' is used as much as a measurement - 750 ml - as it is the name of the container. Yes, technically a magnum, a reheboam etc are all bottles in that they are glass containers to hold wine. They are not "bottles of wine". Similarly, you can buy some wines in boxes of 6 but a 'case' is 12 bottles (as many wineries will state 'x number of cases produced').

at the buffet at lunch they sell small bottles for $9 or $9.99. that seems a good buy to me. but we don't have wine w/lunch unless we are all inclusive. like my wine w/dinner.

we are elite, so get 2 coupons for "buy one, get1 1/2 price. we use that, don't buy a wine pkg.

Archived