Are Cruisers Sailing From Ft Lauderdale As Obnoxious as those from ny?

reddchevy

Read a few posts of how us (Im a native new yorker now in Florida)New Yorkers and New jersey are loud,obnoxious,pushy,etc.Not all are like that tho.Are the cruisers leaving from Ft Lauderdale more relaxed and not so stressed out all the time?What is average age on the Miracle?Leaving on Nov 3rd.I dont want to be with pushy,obnioxious people.Had enough of them when i lived in NYC.Hope they are cool group on the ship.

I have cruised from NY (Miracle), Tampa, Miami and Jacksonville and haven't noticed much difference in how people acted on any of them. Don't forget that people (like me) fly down there from the NY area, so you aren't guaranteed anything. Maybe you should just go into it with an open mind that you are going to enjoy your vacation;) No matter where you go in the world, there will be some rude and pushy people. But most people are happy (no, not all of them) because they are on a cruise:)

Read a few posts of how us (Im a native new yorker now in Florida)New Yorkers and New jersey are loud,obnoxious,pushy,etc.Not all are like that tho.Are the cruisers leaving from Ft Lauderdale more relaxed and not so stressed out all the time?What is average age on the Miracle?Leaving on Nov 3rd.I dont want to be with pushy,obnioxious people.Had enough of them when i lived in NYC.Hope they are cool group on the ship.

You'l see a varied group of people board the ships in Ft Lauderdale, from all over the country probabely Canadians, met a couple from England on Princess. Might even be somr from New York.

I am a tranplanted New Yorker born in Brooklyn NY and raised on LI, living in Altamonte Springs Fl..I take offense to the OPs commentary..There are so many rude people all over the world..New Yorkers are gregarious and friendly for the most part..Rudeness knows no locality...

Thank you,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Well, there are plenty of transplanted New Yorkers living in Florida. Honestly, I cruised from NYC in April and did not observe one rude or obnoxious person. Same experience from Ft Lauderdale and Miami so maybe it is the time of year I cruise and not the geographic area of the passenger base. JMO

I have not noticed much difference in the demographic anywhere in the US that I have sailed. Time of year will have a lot more to do with the passengers than the port.

One exception was sailing out of San Juan, for some reason there were an extraordinary number of Puerto Ricans on board! :D

Offensive post!

I am a tranplanted New Yorker born in Brooklyn NY and raised on LI, living in Altamonte Springs Fl..I take offense to the OPs commentary..There are so many rude people all over the world..New Yorkers are gregarious and friendly for the most part..Rudeness knows no locality...

Thank you,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Agreed. I am from the Bronx originally and live on the eastside of Oviedo, FL.

You tell 'em mucklucks!!

Some definitions of obnoxious:

* deserving of censure

* odiously or disgustingly objectionable : highly offensive

Pot calling the kettle?

Why is everybody attacking the OP? They just said that they read it was that way, not that they think that way. They even went on to say that not all people from those two states are like that.

I find that you give as you get....

Obnoxious people tend to bring out the obnoxiousness in others...

Friendly people tend to bring out the friendliness in others...

Courteous people tend to bring out the courteousness in others....

Try not to have negative expectations.... might work miracles....

Pushy people are not restricted by state lines.

Just step aside when we are coming through.

Problem solved.

When we sailed out of New York several years ago....I did not notice any rudeness....I noticed a lot of polyester (the average age was 114)......

but not rudeness.

However, I will note on here that the very same ships and crew do get higher ratings when they sail from Florida vs sailing from New York......which I have always found interesting....

When we sailed out of New York several years ago....I did not notice any rudeness....I noticed a lot of polyester (the average age was 114)......

but not rudeness.

However, I will note on here that the very same ships and crew do get higher ratings when they sail from Florida vs sailing from New York......which I have always found interesting....

LOL...Not interesting just more discerning..............

Rhonda aka mucklucks

Archived