E-Cig onboard

The machines were turned on, churning out smoke, or vapor, as well as somewhat unpleasant odors, so it wasn't "something else going on in my head." :rolleyes: But I suppose you're also in denial about the effects of 2nd hand smoke, so the mockery & condescension is to be expected.

And I was diagnosed as being allergic to cigar/cigarette smoke, went through all the skin tests, shots, the whole bit. But I suppose as a smoker who doesn't care about the effects of your habit, that was "something else going on in my head" as well, & I made up out of whole cloth all the times I've been around smokers & in their houses, & came away with plugged up sinuses, dry, red patches on my skin, & burning, red eyes. :rolleyes:

BTW, way to treat someone who is otherwise sympathetic to those trying to kick the nasty smoking habit. I saw what it did to my parents, & I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I have to agree with you fully. My cousin has a full blown nicotine allergy, and I've seen her walk past people on the streets and break into hives. She as well, had to get allergy tests and the smoke is not an irritant (Our family is big into smoking meats...wouldn't last long around here if the smoke bothered you!)

I can understand how someone who goes from smoking to e-cigs (how can you be an ex-smoker if still addicted to nicotine?) wouldn't want to be in a smoking section. But asking you to do it away from people...is that really to much to ask? The sense of entitlement in this country is astounding.

I can understand how someone who goes from smoking to e-cigs (how can you be an ex-smoker if still addicted to nicotine?) wouldn't want to be in a smoking section.

Because they aren't smoking tobacco. :rolleyes: And since there's no actual smoke involved. And because a lot of people who use PVs don't actually vape nicotine. When I use my PV, it's usually because I'm stepping down from actual cigarettes and I only buy 0 Nicotine smoke juice.

But asking you to do it away from people...is that really to much to ask? The sense of entitlement in this country is astounding.

Statements like that cut both ways. YOUR sense of entitlement is just as astounding. Why do you think you get to tell people where to go and what to do? Yes, it is too much to ask. Because it's not your royal yacht. And for you to speak of entitlement is a joke.

Why is everyone arguing with this person? She obviously has a monopoly on all that is true and holy and has no interest in a discourse....

Since her view is the only view, there is no debate to be had.

To quote the Chinese proverb....A closed mind is like a closed book.

To quote the Chinese proverb....A closed mind is like a closed book.

I love that quote. Again, non-smoker here, but I think there's just some folks who aren't happy unless you think like them, act like them, believe the same things as they believe.

To you "Vaping" people out there, good for you to have an outlet that either allows you to quit, or at least rid yourself of the "bad toxins" that normal smoking is associated with.

I applaud you.

You're more than welcome to come sit at my dinner table, my cabin, my balcony and "vape" any time you want.

For the Record,

I want it to be known that I have been Tobacco Free for 1 week today!

I consider Vaping the lesser of the evils.

I intend to conduct myself and my Vaping activities with Courtesy and Common Sense.

And to those who don't like it.

Grow up and Deal with It!!!

To those who are vaping....may I ask what the cost difference is between analog smoking (the old fashion cigs) and E Cigs???

(I want to be fully informed when I talk to the family....) THANKS!!

The e-cigarettes work out to be about $2.00 a pack... which is much cheaper than anywhere, but depending on where you live can be a LOT cheaper.

For the Record,

I intend to conduct myself and my Vaping activities with Courtesy and Common Sense.

On our cruise two weeks ago I was standing in the buffet line behind two people who were vaping, and I couldn't smell a THING. I am highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and to a lot of perfumes, but I couldn't detect anything from the e cigs. I don't see how anyone, unless they are HIGHLY allergic to something, could be bothered by them - and if someone is that sensitive, I don't see how they could cruise anyway.

The e-cigarettes work out to be about $2.00 a pack... which is much cheaper than anywhere, but depending on where you live can be a LOT cheaper.

The only downside is that the gear necessary - replacement parts and smoke juice - aren't exactly readily available the way cigarettes are. This is a bit of a stumbling block for a lot of people who try it, have an atomizer blow out, and switch back "just until".

For the Record,

I want it to be known that I have been Tobacco Free for 1 week today!

I consider Vaping the lesser of the evils.

YAY! for you!!

I'm looking forward to mine arriving so I can get started vamping...er, vaping! I've smoked for over 30 years.

I can understand how someone who goes from smoking to e-cigs (how can you be an ex-smoker if still addicted to nicotine?) wouldn't want to be in a smoking section. The sense of entitlement in this country is astounding.

There are a lot of people that have never smoked that are addicted to nicotine.

The largest reason for someone to have a E-cig in a smoking area is that the people in the smoking areas are typically the most jovial.

To those who are vaping....may I ask what the cost difference is between analog smoking (the old fashion cigs) and E Cigs???

(I want to be fully informed when I talk to the family....) THANKS!!

After the initial start up cost I think it could be as cheap as $1 compared to a 1 pack of cigs. A pack of cigs would usually last me about 2 days. Currently I'm using about 4 cartomizers in a two day period. I'm getting about 30 refill life on each cartomizer. Cost of the cartomzer is roughly $1.25 each and about $15.00 for 30ml of juice. I guess I would have to closely monitor my usage to see the actual cost comparison. :confused:

it's not the smell, it's the off-gassing of the nicotine.

My issue would be if I'm pregnant or elderly and someone wouldn't move. Personally, I don't understand why any smoker wouldn't switch to vaping, or at a minimum, roll your own. My father always rolled his own tobacco cigarettes. Turned what would be a $200 a month habit into less than $50.

I would want more info on what's in the cartridges, though. My understanding is it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer?

what is an e-cig

It's a small electronic device that looks more or less like a real cigarette, and delivers a mixture of nicotine, water, and glycerin to the user in a cold vapor form. There are numerous versions available, two of which have FDA approval (one from Nicotrol and one from Nicorette) that are available by prescription. BTW, both prescription versions come with warnings to the user that they may have to explain to bystanders that they're not smoking, because both prescription models look like real cigarettes.

It's a small electronic device that looks more or less like a real cigarette, and delivers a mixture of nicotine, water, and glycerin to the user in a cold vapor form. There are numerous versions available, two of which have FDA approval (one from Nicotrol and one from Nicorette) that are available by prescription. BTW, both prescription versions come with warnings to the user that they may have to explain to bystanders that they're not smoking, because both prescription models look like real cigarettes.

Orville, Please post where you received this information from.

Otherwise, you had better get ready for some heavy duty flaming.

Because, that is the biggest load of horseS&!t I have heard.

Archived