New beverage cards just posted

Linda&Vern

The following was just posted under Indulgences in my account for booked guests. No description yet, just photos and the option to order:

$50.00 Beverage Card cost $45.00

(photo shows glasses of wine)

$50.00 Non-Alcoholic Beverage Card cost $45.00

(photo shows coffee mug)

$100.00 Beverage Card cost $90.00

(photo shows bottles of wine)

$50.00 Soda Card cost $25.00

(photo shows glasses of soda)

Wow... just checked my March 2011 cruise as well and they have indeed changed over to the beverage cards! :mad:

Thank goodness I ordered my wine cards already! :D

Don't be surprised if they convert them to the new ones by then.

Okay just off the phone with HAL. When I went and actually checked my itinerary the two wine cards ($77.63 apiece) had been changed to two beverage cards ($50.00 apiece)!!! :eek::mad:

Talked to ship services rep, who talked to a supervisor..... Apparently there has been a "glitch" in the system and within 48 hours the itinerary will go back to showing two 20 pour wine cards. I told her that she should expect a lot of phone calls! ;)

Hopefully there're telling me the truth, but I plan on keeping an eye on it! :rolleyes: Check your bookings!

Okay just off the phone with HAL. When I went and actually checked my itinerary the two wine cards ($77.63 apiece) had been changed to two beverage cards ($50.00 apiece)!!! :eek::mad:

Talked to ship services rep, who talked to a supervisor..... Apparently there has been a "glitch" in the system and within 48 hours the itinerary will go back to showing two 20 pour wine cards. I told her that she should expect a lot of phone calls! ;)

Hopefully there're telling me the truth, but I plan on keeping an eye on it! :rolleyes: Check your bookings!

Apparently some are being told it is no longer available and are being credited back for ones already purchased. YMMV :rolleyes:

What do these cards buy? How many sodas for a soda card? Cans or glass? I'd thought it was all going to be one card, but it looks like alchoholic and non-alchoholic drinks are on different cards. It also appears that sodas and coffees are on two different cards unless you overpay for the sodas ($50 soda is $25, but $50 non-alchoholic is $45). As *** I should get a discount in the Explorations Cafe, but would I get the discount using the non-alchoholic card?

Perhaps we'll wait until we board the Statendam in a few weeks and hope they still have the old soda and coffee cards.

The soda card seems a good deal, $50 of soda for $25. I guess if I want one I should order online, in case they are not offering it to purchase on the ship?

You have to enter a name when you buy yhe card, but is it ok to share a card with the other person in your cabin?

I couldn't drink that much soda on my own!!

One more question, does anyone know if Hal stock Diet Sprite or Diet 7up?

So, are the old Cola and wine cards still available or not? We liked the Cola Cards.

Strange

I just went to HAL's site and checked one of our future cruises.

The new cards are listed -- but all of them show a bottle of wine -- even the non-alcoholic card!!

Mine is showing that now also. Strange. :rolleyes: When I posted each item had a different photo (as I described in my post).

Mine is showing that now also. Strange. :rolleyes: When I posted each item had a different photo (as I described in my post).

BTW thank you so much for posting the first post! In my rush to find out about my booking, I forgot to say thanks to you. :o

Wow... just checked my March 2011 cruise as well and they have indeed changed over to the beverage cards! :mad:

Thank goodness I ordered my wine cards already! :D

Don't be surprised if they convert them to the new ones by then.

Apparently some are being told it is no longer available and are being credited back for ones already purchased. YMMV :rolleyes:

I purchased 3 wine cards for our 20 day cruise on the Noordam, next month..

It was posted on my itinerary as only one wine card last week & was planning to call them today...However, now it's been changed to one $50 Beverage Card..:(

Hope they were planning to give me a refund for the balance.. Will be calling them today!

Everyone should check their Custom Itinerary at the bottom of their on=board Check-in page..

Cheers.......:)Betty

The new beverage cards say the 15% gratuity is included in the price, so if one purchases an adult beverage say for a price of $6.00 is that amount only debited against the 50.00 card, or would it be the $6.00 plus 15%?? Not sure how these new cards are supposed to work. I am saddened that I didn't got ahead and purchase the wine cards already. Had planned on doing that this weekend for our upcoming cruise.

We've never bought wine or soda cards before so don't know if these new cards are a better 'deal' or worse than what used to be offered.

Is there a remarkable difference?

The new beverage cards are a worse deal than the (replaced) wine cards!:mad: You will loose the equivalent of two to three drinks!:mad:

We've never bought wine or soda cards before so don't know if these new cards are a better 'deal' or worse than what used to be offered. Is there a remarkable difference?

Sail - I have no idea if these are "deals" or not. I've never purchased either. Others will have to comment on the "worth" these new cards are. I honestly don't have a clue. I posted because I was curious as to what was available and noticed the new offerings.

Archived