Limon, Costa Rica - Excursions

wendymac

Hi does anyone have any experience with the following excursion in Costa Rica: Adventure Canals, Rainforest & Banana Plantation Because of going quite a way from the ship I am thinking about taking an excursion through the ship instead of on my own...anyone have any experience or suggestions... thank you so much!

we took a similar thing thru HAL when we were on their ship....it was the best thing to do in this area, did not really appear to be a safe place to wonder off by yourself. The best part was the boat ride thru the rain forest, be careful you might never eat bananas again after seeing this plantation and how they process them for shipment to the US

Train, boat, and bus. Excellent! Went to the banana plantation as well. Saw the rainforest from below in the boat, and from above in the train (well, tree height!). Took my three year old and my parents (70) and everyone enjoyed it! Despite being a ship excursion, we thought it was a good value.

Another one to consider is Okey Dokey tours, we did the zip line, banana plantation and river tour, as well as a jungle walk, they have other tours too that don't include zip if you don't want that, but I highly recommend it, I am afraid of heights and I'd do this one again, very professional and felt very safe. It was definitely a whole day excursion but they were awesome. Also know as Charlie Soto. Loved the tour and the price was great. This is a private tour, but they wait for you if your late and get you back in time for depart. We loved it.

Have a great time whatever you do!!!

Cheers, Carole

Dh and I were on the Freedom two weeks ago and booked a private tour in Costa Rica through Greenway tours. They were very professional and had us back in plenty of time. we did the 6 in 1 tour which included a banana plantation, jungle ride and riverboat ride. We saw lots of sloths, lizards and even saw some monkeys lounging in the trees. They're very conscience of the time and kept our group moving at a decent pace where we didn't feel rushed, but also got to see everything promised. I highly recommend them and would book through them if I am ever in Costa Rica again.

Another one to consider is Okey Dokey tours, we did the zip line, banana plantation and river tour, as well as a jungle walk, they have other tours too that don't include zip if you don't want that, but I highly recommend it, I am afraid of heights and I'd do this one again, very professional and felt very safe. It was definitely a whole day excursion but they were awesome. Also know as Charlie Soto. Loved the tour and the price was great. This is a private tour, but they wait for you if your late and get you back in time for depart. We loved it.

Have a great time whatever you do!!!

Cheers, Carole

Im using them in Nov, I agree, they are very professional and come highly recommended on the Costa Rica POC board.

We was just in Costa Rica on the Carnival Freedom two weeks ago and we booked with Eduardo Humphreys at Your Lucky Tour dot com. This was the highlight of our cruise. We saw a coffee and pineapple farm, the DelMonte banana plantation. We also took a river ride through the jungle where we saw lots of animals including sloths, monkeys, blue herons, bats, an alligator and raccoon. We then went to a beach where you could get something to eat or drink. We was back to the ship in plenty of time to do a little shopping at the port. We did all of this for $45 per person.

We took this tour in 2007 with our 14 y.o. Grandson in tow. It was the only tour (including the Panama Canal) that he enjoyed. The train ride portion was nothing to write home about but the rest was great. I will never complain about the price of bananas again after seeing what it takes to get bananas to us and what they get paid! We thought it was well worth the money. My Grandson said just the taste of the fresh fruit we got was worth the $

Second for white water rafting.

We too booked through the ship for this one. Great excursion, great meal afterward. Highlight of the trip.

In many ports, I'll use independent contractors, but with Costa Rica and Panama, I chose ship excursions just to "be safe". :D

Second for white water rafting.

We too booked through the ship for this one. Great excursion, great meal afterward. Highlight of the trip.

In many ports, I'll use independent contractors, but with Costa Rica and Panama, I chose ship excursions just to "be safe". :D

How rough were the waters for the white water rafting trip? We are thinking about doing this but it is four of us who have never gone rafting before. Would a 14 year old girl have any problems with this?

How rough were the waters for the white water rafting trip? We are thinking about doing this but it is four of us who have never gone rafting before. Would a 14 year old girl have any problems with this?

There are a few different tours that opporate on different stretches. We did an independent opp and it was big water, solid class 4 on a US scale.

The ship's white water rafting excursion includes class 2 and 3 rapids with (I think) one class 4. A 14 year old should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We was just in Costa Rica on the Carnival Freedom two weeks ago and we booked with Eduardo Humphreys at Your Lucky Tour dot com. This was the highlight of our cruise. We saw a coffee and pineapple farm, the DelMonte banana plantation. We also took a river ride through the jungle where we saw lots of animals including sloths, monkeys, blue herons, bats, an alligator and raccoon. We then went to a beach where you could get something to eat or drink. We was back to the ship in plenty of time to do a little shopping at the port. We did all of this for $45 per person.

I don't see this tour offered I see them listed individually, were you able to combine tours?

TIA!

• 4 weeks later...
The ship's white water rafting excursion includes class 2 and 3 rapids with (I think) one class 4. A 14 year old should be fine.

What about 4 50plus yr old women?? We've zipped lined and cave tubed now looking for something else...

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a current answer for the above post? We are thinking of doing this in January of 2012 with some friends of that age. Also is there any additional up to date information on a good tour operator to use?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived