Monarch vs. Majesty B2B2B2B2B in December ?'s

Greek50

Booking late I know! How is the engine/thruster noise on the lower decks? Looking at categories Z, M, N, and L for best prices. How bad is it to have to switch rooms between each cruise? Should I take a chance with an inside guarantee? Monarch works out to be about $250 less and airfare is about the same. Still looking at hotels and transfers. Thank you in advance for your input!

Booking late I know! How is the engine/thruster noise on the lower decks? Looking at categories Z, M, N, and L for best prices. How bad is it to have to switch rooms between each cruise? Should I take a chance with an inside guarantee? Monarch works out to be about $250 less and airfare is about the same. Still looking at hotels and transfers. Thank you in advance for your input!

Wow, That'll get you a bunch of cruise credits in a hurry . .. If you are already a Diamond, that will be 10 credits!

Personally I like the Majesty better than the Monarch - and I like Port of Miami better than Port Canaveral - easier to get to.

Might not be that hard to get the same cabins for all the cruises. What date is the first cruise of five?

Never done a B2B let alone multiple B2B's but I can tell you that if you are not in same cabin, it has to be a pain and potentially like individual cruises as you will have to pack / unpack for each segment if in different cabins.

You only have to pack the non hanging things, the stewards will move everything hanging in the closet, along with your luggage

I have only done one b2b (on Carnival), we booked the second leg first, and decided to book the cruise before it later on. As such, we could not get the same room for both. I really wish that we had. As another poster said, the stewards will move your stuff, but you still have to pack it. I would much rather unpack at the beginning and not have to again until the end. Especially since your lucky self is doing FIVE cruises!!!!!!:D

Well, I love the Majesty, but there is no way that I would spend two and a half weeks straight on her.

I could have booked the Monarch when she sailed from L.A. to FL, but didn't want to spend 16 nights on her!

That being said, if you are determined to pursue this absurd build-my-credits agenda, I recommend the Majesty over the Monarch, both for the better itinerary and for the extra amenities on MJ that MN doesn't have: Compass Deli, JR's.

My parents did a B2B where they had to change cabins and it was no big deal the crew helped them with the luggage etc. They did have to get off clear customs and get a new Seapass card but then were allowed right back on board. The whole process was less than 20 minutes.

We have stayed on deck 2 on Sovereign and Majesty and their was no noticeable noise at all. At least no more than on any other decks.

Thank you for the responses so far. I appreciate all the ship and port tips. The purpose of the cruise is TOTAL relaxation following some extremely unpleasant medical treatments/procedures. I need to stay close to the mainland. I am not concerned about being bored in the slightest-I just want to be on a cruise ship and totally get away from it all. I thought it would be great as Cheerysmom said to accumulate some cruise points in the process or as another poster said to implement an "absurd build my credits agenda". The date of the first cruise is December 3rd and due to mounting medical bills I am not looking to spend a lot. I will be traveling extremely light since our four sons will not be coming! We usually book 3 rooms per cruise. It seems like everyone so far prefers the Majesty-I was leaning towards the Monarch because I have been on it before and absolutely loved it and prefer the cruising day over Key West.

Thank you for the responses so far. I appreciate all the ship and port tips. The purpose of the cruise is TOTAL relaxation following some extremely unpleasant medical treatments/procedures. I need to stay close to the mainland. I am not concerned about being bored in the slightest-I just want to be on a cruise ship and totally get away from it all. I thought it would be great as Cheerysmom said to accumulate some cruise points in the process or as another poster said to implement an "absurd build my credits agenda". The date of the first cruise is December 3rd and due to mounting medical bills I am not looking to spend a lot. I will be traveling extremely light since our four sons will not be coming! We usually book 3 rooms per cruise. It seems like everyone so far prefers the Majesty-I was leaning towards the Monarch because I have been on it before and absolutely loved it and prefer the cruising day over Key West.

Best wishes to you :) Im going through some issues myself and have another surgery coming up so I can totally relate to wanting to get away and relax. Ive pretty much been in the bed for two weeks now and I cant wait to February.

I absolutely loved the Monarch and could easily see myself staying a few weeks on her if I could afford it. I dont care about all the amenities of the bigger ships because being confined to a wheelchair I cant use them anyway. I would probably get off at Coco Cay once and then just stay on the ship the rest of the time if I were doing that many consecutive cruises

Enjoy your cruise(s) and get well soon!

Booking late I know! How is the engine/thruster noise on the lower decks? Looking at categories Z, M, N, and L for best prices.

I was on deck 3, ocean view, mid-ship, right outside the centrum. Never hear anything from anywhere. I was quite surprised, I thought i would at least hear the 70's street party, but I didn't even hear that!

Enjoy your cruise(s)!

I know you didn't ask this but I sail frequently on the Monarch. The itinerary is lackluster to say the least, the crew is the best part about the ship. Have you considered doing a B2B or a B2B2B on the Freedom? That is an amazing ship with sooooo much more to do than Monarch. Keep in mind (I know this from experience), December isn't always "tropical" weather in any part of Florida. The prices right now are amazingly low...just my 2$ worth!!

You have certainly picked the most economical time to cruise! There are some GREAT fares during that time.

I hope that you pick the Majesty, because then I can meet you and wish you a good and happy recovery in person - I'll be on the weekend of the 10th. It's a giant Girls Getaway Cruise.

If you book it, be sure to come join the various Roll Calls!

:)

Once again thanks for the replies. RYANO hope your surgery goes well and you are back to cruising soon. MerionMom I have been following the various roll calls for Majesty and Monarch and definitely will join once booked. I am waiting to hear from some friends that live in Fort Myers that might join me for a B2B (they are already Diamond Plus) and they prefer Miami so at the moment I am leaning towards Majesty which three days ago had no guaranty cabins but does this weekend so the price differential between the two ships is much less now. Weird! Of course the prices can change minute by minute so I am starting to get a little nervous about all this and just want to book something. Final payment will be due within 24 hours. I am also trying to figure out airfare, the hotel night before, and transfers which all seem easier but more expensive with Majesty even if I have to fly into FLL instead of Miami.

Archived