Can someone help me figure out.....?

ciship

How to get 4 adults comfortably in a balcony cabin? I just can't picture it. Does anyone have any photos of the four beds in a cabin? We will be on The Legend. Are the sofa or drop down beds long enough for a 6' adult? I have looked for photos on webshots with no luck??

Help!

It is tight, but with a balcony, at least you have room to step out and chill out of the way. You can't all four pack like I do! :p If you're family or close friends that get along well, it can be done. I slept in a top bunk on one cruise and didn't have a bit of trouble. The bunks are folded back up to the ceiling during the day and the steward will lower them and set them up for bed while you're out in the evening. Wish I had pics to show you.

4 adult women or 4 four adult men......but two couples - DON'T DO IT!!

One bathroom is the main problem and the fact there is NO PRIVACY.

I'd rather have two inside cabins...although balconies are my style.

It takes some consideration and patience but it can be done. Timing of getting dressed, using the bathroom etc. Also, you should know that the spa has shower facilities, so you can use those when everyone needs to shower at the same time.

I just lived out of my suitcase, except for my formal wear. and we just all took turns moving about the cabin. The balcony is a great get away too.

Shucks - I'd do it in a heartbeat if it meant another cruise :D The balcony gives you a bit of breathing space and all I'm gonna do is dress and sleep in the room (we can take another cruise for fun together)

DH & I have been traveling/vacationing with our best friends (another couple) for quite some time now. 2 men 2 women - we respect each other's privacy - one bathroom is not a problem - we learned how to share in kindergarten ;) Not as strange as one might think - after all when we stay at each other's homes we are in the same rooms with our bathrobes on,,, go figure

Just do it and have a blast!

Did a quad with my two adult DD's and DW. It was not spacious for the four of us.

The only problem we had was in getting ready for dinner. They did the bathroom for a couple of hours and I did cocktails and sushi.

Next time, they will have to have and pay for their own cabin. :p

How to get 4 adults comfortably in a balcony cabin? I just can't picture it. Does anyone have any photos of the four beds in a cabin? We will be on The Legend. Are the sofa or drop down beds long enough for a 6' adult? I have looked for photos on webshots with no luck??

Help!

It can be done without any real problem. The "bunks" are the same size as the regular beds. The 4th person sleeps on the sofa, and that might be a little short for a 6 footer.

Bathroom time will be at a premium so maybe some could use the showers in the spa.

The other important points are:

1. Keep everything picked up.

2. Minimize what you bring along.

We do it all the time - 4 to a room, inside even. The layout in the picture is the best kind of quad, with the sofabed. The one big bed can be made to twins if you need them. The key is keeping the room picked up and sharing. We decide ahead of time what each is to pack to share. We have never had a problem sharing the bathroom or getting ready, and we are all women. Have fun whatever you decide.

As one poster said - use the Spa showers. Keep the cabin tidy. We had one get ready in the bathroom, one get ready on the balcony and two in the main room. Also can get ready in stages - why does everyone have to be in the cabin at the same time. I shower and then go and have a nice quiet drink and then go on balcony and put my make up on. By that time everyone is semi ready. Other cruisers are neither going to care nor notice that your hair or makeup isn't perfect - believe me they are probably looking everywhere but at you. If this arrangement allows you to cruise then it is definitely doable.

We do it all the time. Utilize the pull-out drawer under the sofa-bed. Divide up the closet shelves, and drawers in the dressers. DH uses the spa showers, while 2 dd's and myself share the cabin bathroom. DH and I use the balcony as a "spare room" so the girls can change while we hang outside. It can work!

I just randomly picked a ship and cruise a year from this week at the Carnival site and priced it for a balcony with 4 people or two insides with 2 people each. (Valor 7 day Western 10/16/11)

It turned out the balcony quad is $2123, while each inside with 2 people would only be $1031. So the total cost is within about $60 either way, with the insides being marginally cheaper.

Given the option, the two insides would be a no-brainer to me.

Help!

Why not book a suite and split the cost equally between the four of you. Suites should provide you with VIP embarking and disembarking. Should be larger enough for all four adults.:)

Archived