Cruise director list enjoy

ncb106

Bill,

Please help to solve a mystery. Where is Keith? Nobody seems to know and I'm not happy about that!

I've asked other CDs, LAs, some hotel personnel, and nothing.

Any clues?

Beth, he left for vacation when we got off the Jewel in February. At the time I think he said he would be back on the Jewel sometime in June so perhaps he will appear there or on another ship in the coming weeks. Wish I had better info for you but perhaps someone else can give us the scoop.:)

I thought that Kirk Detweiler was regularly assigned as CD on the Radiance, but again things can change so I suppose it is possible that he is moving to the Rhapsody.

We would be pleased to have any of the above four folks as our CD on any of our future cruises. There are several others as well and, of course, a few that we wouldn't care if we missed.

I think RCI wants a British or Australian CD for the Down Under season. We had Dave Chapman (I think that's who it was) out of Sydney last year.

Kirk has just announced that he is not returning to RCI or the Radiance of the Seas. :( He begins being CD on the Azamara Quest on June 11.

Gina

That'll be a shock for him! I don't imagine his Hour of Power will be heavily attended, LOL.

I think RCI wants a British or Australian CD for the Down Under season. We had Dave Chapman (I think that's who it was) out of Sydney last year.

That'll be a shock for him! I don't imagine his Hour of Power will be heavily attended, LOL.

He had quite doing Kirk's Power Hour anyway - something to do with liability issues.

Bobby and Becky will join RD for Australia but now we will see if the CD on board for the dry dock and 1st Alaska cruise will remain on board for the summer. I don't know him and can't even remember his name. I do like Dan the Party Man and wouldn't mind seeing him come back for the Alaska season.

Gina

Just off the Explorer. It was Chris Northey's last cruise. Apparently not coming back to RCCL. I found him to be quite funny and very entertaining. Royal lost a very talented and promising CD. Jimmy Rhodes will be on for the next 4 months.

Bummer! We really enjoyed watching Chris and Leigh's morning shows each day on our cruise in April. We actually had Leigh as our cruise director when we were on the Liberty a few years back. (Apparently, he was filling in for a week or two.) Maybe Leigh will get the promotion, he was very entertaining.

Kirk has just announced that he is not returning to RCI or the Radiance of the Seas. :( He begins being CD on the Azamara Quest on June 11.

Gina

Wow!!!! That will be different for him. I always liked Kirk and his unique style. Of course I like Bobby and Becky as well. Must be the accent and the kilt ;) Hope they are on board for our Oz adventure.

Wow!!!! That will be different for him. I always liked Kirk and his unique style. Of course I like Bobby and Becky as well. Must be the accent and the kilt ;) Hope they are on board for our Oz adventure.

I know nothing about Bobby and Becky. But he wears a kilt? Now, that changes everything, doesn't it? :)

I would think since they are bringing them on for Australia that they might be working a lengthy contract...maybe Hawaii to Hawaii, and then someone else doing Hawaii to Hawaii through the Alaska season. This is just speculation on my part - I have no source for this info...just a thought.

Gina

Oh okay so I will have to check back at the end of September to see who will be the director in October. Thanks.

You can call Royal a month or so before your cruise, they should know by then who the CD will be on your sailing.

Bummer! We really enjoyed watching Chris and Leigh's morning shows each day on our cruise in April. We actually had Leigh as our cruise director when we were on the Liberty a few years back. (Apparently, he was filling in for a week or two.) Maybe Leigh will get the promotion, he was very entertaining.

Just got off of Explorer. Jimmy and Leigh have great chemistry and were a riot. Sadly, Leigh is going on vacation and will then be moving on to Grandeur. Was hoping I'd see him with Jimmy again.

Bill,

Please help to solve a mystery. Where is Keith? Nobody seems to know and I'm not happy about that!

I've asked other CDs, LAs, some hotel personnel, and nothing.

Any clues?

Keith is now on Radiance. He will finish off the Alaska season on the new improved Radiance since Kirk has moved on to Azamara.

What do you know about him? I know nothing.

Gina

no problem, thanks. Dan is not one of my favorites, so that will be a good thing.

Brenda,

I now put Dan in the middle of the pack. He's a bit too much of a cheerleader, which is what you have to be on the short trips. He is, however, much better than Dave Chapman who I found to be very offensive.

I spent some time one-on-one with Dan and saw a different person than the public personna.

Later, when I went to the Welcome Back reception (which I rarely go to), I was surprised when Dan saw me and sat down next to me. We chatted for a few minutes until the officers started lining up for the introductions.

This off-stage person was better than most on-stage ones.

Keith is now on Radiance. He will finish off the Alaska season on the new improved Radiance since Kirk has moved on to Azamara.

What do you know about him? I know nothing.

Gina

Keith is older than most of the CDs and somewhat more serious. I guess in a word you would say mature. He and Paul Rudder probably come from the same mold.

When my father was dying last summer, he was very supportive - very much a friend - with comments more meaningful than "so sorry."

It's hard to describe. You would certainly want him as a friend if you got to know him.

Brenda,

I now put Dan in the middle of the pack. He's a bit too much of a cheerleader, which is what you have to be on the short trips. He is, however, much better than Dave Chapman who I found to be very offensive.

I spent some time one-on-one with Dan and saw a different person than the public personna.

Later, when I went to the Welcome Back reception (which I rarely go to), I was surprised when Dan saw me and sat down next to me. We chatted for a few minutes until the officers started lining up for the introductions.

This off-stage person was better than most on-stage ones.

you are exactly right. we have sailed with him on several different ships and he remembers us. You are right about having 2 different personas. I definately have seen worse and better, so middle of the pack it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived