Cruise director list enjoy

ncb106

Was he part of the entertainment staff and sang with his wife on the Voyager back in 2004?

He has been a cruise director since at least 1998 when we sailed with him on Rhapsody of the Seas from Hawaii to Vancouver, and is a talented singer. I don't believe he is married.:)

Anyone know who will replace him? I will be on EOS in July.

I should have asked when I called, sorry. It was easy to find out though. I just called RCI customer service and asked who the CD would be for our sailing. He said "no problem at all, I will get that info for you", put me on hold for not even a minute and gave me the name & date he would be leaving.

I really liked Carly when she was CD on our Alaska cruise - she is certainly visible around the ship most of the time, seemed to be a very likeable person and was always happy to stop for a chat whenever we saw her.

Is she the Welsh girl that says she went to school with Catherine Zeta Jones?

We have had Ken Rush several times and he is far from our favorite cruise director; he is like chalk across a blackboard. An example is this topic of him openly taking issue with people leaving the theater during his self involved closing/schedule comments; we find that very unprofessional on his part. Ken Rush needs to grow up and learn it is not about him; it is about the gusts. The passengers have paid a lot of money to cruse and if they want to leave the theater it is their right to do so as long as they are leaving quietly.

Gee, even when the Captain speaks during his daily update all passengers do not stop in their tracks and listen to his every word.

I agree. For cruising newbies, these comments by the CD may be interesting and worthwhile. For many of us, it's totally repetitive and not worth sitting through. A CD veteran like Rush should understand this.

Who is currently on the Voyager?

Mike S. is my favorite cruise director to date. Really great.

I sailed on the Voyager recently and the CD was Casey Pelter. He was FANTASTIC! Was disappointed to hear it would not be Mike S. for our cruise, but Casey was just great!

If you get either of these two guys, you'll be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Accordiong to his website he's only on board Liberty until June 12th.

Does anyone know who the CD will be on Liberty this fall? We're doing the Western Mediterranean itinerary on October 15th and we're actually hoping for Mike because he was so amazing on our honeymoon! Crossing our fingers...:D

Does anyone know who the CD will be on Liberty this fall? We're doing the Western Mediterranean itinerary on October 15th and we're actually hoping for Mike because he was so amazing on our honeymoon! Crossing our fingers...:D

Just off Voyager with Mike--he was doing the crossing on Voyager, back to Canada for vacation--then back to the Liberty. If not on vacation in Oct, he should be your CD.

Just off Voyager with Mike--he was doing the crossing on Voyager, back to Canada for vacation--then back to the Liberty. If not on vacation in Oct, he should be your CD.

Mike S also said that he had his application in for a law enforcement job in Canada (local group, not the Mounties). After 11 years on a ship, he said he is looking for a change. So, I suppose there is a chance he may not return after his vacation?

Has anyone had 'John and Katrina Blair' as their CD(s), I've never had a team, what's that like? We'll be on the Enchantment August 11th, so unless they change before then, I guess I'll be finding out.

If this is the same couple, we were on Nordic Empress (maybe Song of America as well) and Monarch with them. That was quite some time ago as Monarch was sailing out of Port Everglades and the New York to Bermuda run on the others was before that. They do a great job!

Does anyone know who the cruise director will be for the July 2nd sailing of Oasis of the Seas? When we were on Freedom and had Ken Rush, and he was AMAZING, so I was wondering if he will be our cruise director again, thanks in advance.

If this is the same couple, we were on Nordic Empress (maybe Song of America as well) and Monarch with them. That was quite some time ago as Monarch was sailing out of Port Everglades and the New York to Bermuda run on the others was before that. They do a great job!

Thanks Scotty! Do cruise directors really stay at it for over 20 years? We did our honeymoon cruise on Nordic Empress (1st cruise), NY to Bermuda in August of 91. I think Song of America was already gone by then.

Archived