Do You Have to Get Off at a Port ?

butterflysweeti

Just wondering:

- do you have to get off at a port (I am guessing NO, you can stay on the ship?)

- can you get on / off the ship as many times as you want / whenever you want all day (lets say you are docked from 7 am - 5 pm)

- what about when you have the port tender? Does it only go to shore once or twice?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge :o :)

You can stay on the ship at any time - there's no requirement to disembark. If you disembark and want to return to the ship at some point (maybe for lunch) and go out again, you can do that. Your sail and sign card will be logged when you disembark and when you return so they know whether you are aboard. (Just be back when the "back on board" time is listed in the Fun Times. The ship does not have to wait for people who are late returning unless they are on a ship's excursion.

All the other replies are correct. I would like to say that often when you tender, it will take you a while to fill the boat taking you to the island/or back to the ship. So it will take you a little while to get from place to place. (Some longer than others)

If you don't want to waste time on the tender ...you may only want to go once each way. If you don't care if you take 30 or more minutes each way, then you can tender on/off as many times as you desire. I hope that makes sense.

Re: tendering. It depends on the port, how many people, etc, of course, but in my experience they run several tenders back and forth all day. Just be aware that the later in the day it is, the longer the line for a tender to get back. Try to get back aboard at least an hour before the last tender is scheduled to leave. Also, if you're not in a rush, wait for an hour or so after the first tender leaves in the morning, again to avoid waiting in line.

just wondering:

- do you have to get off at a port (i am guessing no, you can stay on the ship?) they always make you get off at the last port on the trip, kind of a bummer actually :d

- can you get on / off the ship as many times as you want / whenever you want all day (lets say you are docked from 7 am - 5 pm)

- what about when you have the port tender? Does it only go to shore once or twice?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge :o :)

:d:d:d

Yes..You have to go ashore..So people like me dont have to wait in food lines while in port and be able to get a chair by the pool...:D. Just kidding..Come and go as you please..Just be sure your back in time before the ship leaves. Or you can stay on ship and keep me company...:D

on our upcoming December cruise, our ports of call are Key West, Freeport and Nassau...I've been to Nassau and know that there is no tender there....I am pretty sure Key West is a port you dock at with no tender required...what about Freeport--do you have to tender there? I suspect not but I am just checking with any of you who might have cruised to Freeport

You can stay on the ship, but every port is worth a look if you have not been there before.

Don't let the scenery at the port sway you... cruise ships often dock in industrial areas that are nothing like the island as a whole. Get out and take an island tour to get the true flavor.

It's great to stay onboard!!! Many times there are great Spa Deals and sales while in port!!! And the ship is less crowded, so exploring can be fun!!! The stores aren't open while in port, and there is not a multitude of activities... But it's fun to wander and see what's around!!!

Tendering is easy and can be an adventure of its own!!! You can go out and just stay of the tender and come back if you want... They run all the time. They sit and wait till they're full or until there's another one returning... But easy and fun.

If you have any disability, they are hard or unmanageable, but the crew willl assist in any way they can. Folding wheelchairs or walkers (and strollers) are manageable, but the person needs to walk the steps with the help of crew...

You don't HAVE to get off the ship - but please do at least once for each new port. Take in the sights and sounds around you, visit with the locals , most are very friendly - you don't have to spen dmoney or go on an excursion - just explore. I love to go into the grocery stores or markets - really good bargains for souveniers in some of them (I love coffees and teas and the prices are great)

Whatever you choose to do - enjoy! It is your vacation.

Archived