Room designations

Potstech

When making a reservation I see designations such as AA,BD, BD, etc. Where can someone find out what each one of these designation really mean? Also where do you find out the actual perks if I should switchfrom my current balcony room to a minisuite? or if I even get upgraded?

Have taken several cruises but never have figured those two out. So far great information on here for all.

The different letters for each category pretty much just describe different locations. The actual staterooms will be identical. As for mini suite and suite benefits, you can read it here on the Princess website: http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

Although mini suites on princess really have no perks to speak of except the larger stateroom with tub/shower combination and sitting area (a sitting area is only available in mini suites and above on the larger ships).

When making a reservation I see designations such as AA,BD, BD, etc. Where can someone find out what each one of these designation really mean? Also where do you find out the actual perks if I should switchfrom my current balcony room to a minisuite? or if I even get upgraded?

Have taken several cruises but never have figured those two out. So far great information on here for all.

No actual perks unless you are in a full suite. Usually the "better" cabins are midship & you will pay more for them, it's all about location. We have had good luck with booking a guarantee for the lowest catagory that we would be happy with & have been upgraded most of the time, but it is a gamble...so only book someting that you will be happy with if you don't get upgraded. It's still a cruise!!:D. Found that a wonderful balcony cabin on Crown/Emerald etc is C614, but don't tell anyone. Shhhhhh!

Jan

The first letter designates they type of cabin. All cabins (except handicapped accessible) within a type will be the same. "A" is for mini-suites, "B" is for balconies, "C" - "G" are oceanview, and "I" and higher are inside cabins. The second letter is the location when referring to balcony and mini-suites. "A" is mid-ship, "B" is just forward or aft of mid-ship, and "C" is either far forward or far aft. Thus, an AA mini-suite would be mid-ship, an AC would be either forward or aft. AD mini-suites are far aft on Emerald deck.

These are generalities. Hope it helps.

No actual perks unless you are in a full suite. Usually the "better" cabins are midship & you will pay more for them, it's all about location. We have had good luck with booking a guarantee for the lowest catagory that we would be happy with & have been upgraded most of the time, but it is a gamble...so only book someting that you will be happy with if you don't get upgraded. It's still a cruise!!:D. Found that a wonderful balcony cabin on Crown/Emerald etc is C614, but don't tell anyone. Shhhhhh!

Jan

Oh, yippee, we were assigned C626 which is only a couple of cabins away so I am hoping it will be great, too!!!

Information is great and very helpful. I always have the deck plan for the ship in front of me when make resevations. Right now booked in room B414 on Jan 30 sailing out of San juan. With the price drops we were considering moving up to a minisuite but after checking we have decided to wait. After 20 years in the US Navy I am very particular about the cabins and couldn't get the price/location to what I wanted. Will keep trying but again thanks for all the beneficial info. Happy sailing to all.

The first letter designates they type of cabin. All cabins (except handicapped accessible) within a type will be the same. "A" is for mini-suites, "B" is for balconies, "C" - "G" are oceanview, and "I" and higher are inside cabins. The second letter is the location when referring to balcony and mini-suites. "A" is mid-ship, "B" is just forward or aft of mid-ship, and "C" is either far forward or far aft. Thus, an AA mini-suite would be mid-ship, an AC would be either forward or aft. AD mini-suites are far aft on Emerald deck.

These are generalities. Hope it helps.

I was looking at the cruise finder on Princess the other day and couldn't figure out which were suites and which were mini-suites in the same category. And the info there didn't help (it would say "mini-suite/suite").

Not that we were planning to get anything like a suite or mini-suite. But I am wondering.

3 ways

1) if the cabin type designation begins with A, it's a mini-suite (haven't checked them all....)

2) look on the deck plans--move the cursor over the room number and click--for instance, I'm looking at the CB, Emerald deck, aft, cabin E732. If you hold your cursor over E732, "VS" pops up--that's the category. But if you click, a little box with a picture and VS Room: E732 Suite with Balcony pops up, along with another button to click for more details.

2) on the deck plan page, there will be a list of all categories on that deck, under the heading "STATEROOM DESCRIPTIONS". Just hold the cursor over the designation you are wondering about, and the description box pops up.

3 ways

1) if the cabin type designation begins with A, it's a mini-suite (haven't checked them all....)

2) look on the deck plans--move the cursor over the room number and click--for instance, I'm looking at the CB, Emerald deck, aft, cabin E732. If you hold your cursor over E732, "VS" pops up--that's the category. But if you click, a little box with a picture and VS Room: E732 Suite with Balcony pops up, along with another button to click for more details.

2) on the deck plan page, there will be a list of all categories on that deck, under the heading "STATEROOM DESCRIPTIONS". Just hold the cursor over the designation you are wondering about, and the description box pops up.

Thanks, I'll try this. Just couldn't find any descriptions yesterday, but maybe I wasn't doing the right thing.

I was looking at the cruise finder on Princess the other day and couldn't figure out which were suites and which were mini-suites in the same category. And the info there didn't help (it would say "mini-suite/suite").

You may not have gone far enough into the booking process.

I assume you were at the point where it listed every type (Interior, Oceanview Obstructed, etc). At that point, the rightmost category is "Mini-Suite/Suite).

Click on "Reserve"

Then select the box at the top of the next screen which also says "Mini-Suite" and then click on "Continue"

The next screen will display all the mini-suite (beginning with A) and suite categories and their pricing.

The next screen will display all the mini-suite (beginning with A) and suite categories and their pricing.

I find it odd though, that at that point, you have to already know that the mini-suite category begins with A or go to the deck plan to find out.

Archived