escargot

shark5

I have never seen it on the "Always available" side of the menu but have seen it on "French" night. As Colo says, just ask your waiter for it 24 hours in advance.

FYI, the menus in Anytime and Traditional dining are exactly the same. It doesn't matter which dining room you are in. However, it might make a difference if you have different waitstaff every night. Just be aware that the special order needs to be made with the Maitre d' and you should remind him when you are seated. Since they'll be preparing it specially for you, you should eat at the time you say you will the night you have the escargots.

That would be correct, it was never offered on the "always available".

I don't recall it ever being on the always available side and I'm also not sure it on the French night now either. But as I did last cruise I pre ordered it 24 hrs in advance for me but when it came the next night they prepared it for the whole table of six and not everyone wanted it.:)

On the Emerald last year, it was not on the menu. I mentioned it to our head waiter and we received it the next night. On the Crown in March, it was not on the menu but was a special appetizer that our waiter mentioned was available on the second formal night.

And make sure the breadbasket is full when the escargot arrive (we usually tear into the breads when we sit down), as the buttery sauce they are in is divine and you must use the bread to dip in it!! :p
I'd order it just for the garlic butter it comes in. Forget the snails. :)

On a 10-dayer on the Sea, I was served them by request on the 2nd night. Our waiter said they'd be on the regular menu later in the cruise, but they weren't, to the best of my memory. Neither were they mentioned on formal night...

I guess it's gonna be difficult for me since I'm doing the anytime dining and probably will not get the same wait staff nor will I be able to book a standard time for dinner

a) Assuming you only want it one evening, ask a headwaiter at the start of the cruise which night it will be available to all diners even though it is not on the menu.

b) Order it the night he tells you it will be available.

My wife on our last cruise ordered two salads for lunch at the dining room. I think she's a part time vegetarian.:p Anyway she ordered a smoke salmon salad and an escarole salad. When she looked at the escarole salad she looked at me and asked where are the escargots. I had a good laugh. By the way I had the osso buco on a bed of risotto. That was good.

Archived