Still waiting to hear about our Sailing?

teresastreed

We're still waiting to hear if we are sailing on 11/21/10?? When is Carnival going to give us an answer?? Surely they know by now if the Splendor is going to be fixed??

Check out Splendor on Carnival site. No sailing avail for purchase till Dec 19.

We are supposed to be on the Nov. 28 sailing and my roommate called Carnival last night to get an update - the PVP said she was 'pleased to announce that all Splendor sailings as of the 21st are on'. Now I can't find this information anywhere else, but I seriously doubt she would flat out lie - aren't those calls recorded?

Glimmer of hope maybe?

We're still waiting to hear if we are sailing on 11/21/10?? When is Carnival going to give us an answer?? Surely they know by now if the Splendor is going to be fixed??

I understand exactly how you are feeling, we are on this sailing also. I hope that let us know something very soon.

Until Carnival cancels the cruise, they won't allow us to change or cancel without penalty. I think this is getting rediculous. 5 days to assess the damage? And not telling people 6 days from their cruising date if it will go or not? AND it's thanksgiving !

John said the assessment would continue today and he would report any findings as soon as he heard.

I wish they would just say one way or the other if the next few dates were a go or not!

We are supposed to be on the Nov. 28 sailing and my roommate called Carnival last night to get an update - the PVP said she was 'pleased to announce that all Splendor sailings as of the 21st are on'. Now I can't find this information anywhere else, but I seriously doubt she would flat out lie - aren't those calls recorded?

Glimmer of hope maybe?

I hope that PVP is right. But unless they are repairing her right at the dock, I don't know how that will happen. It's a wait and see game I guess. I LOSE!! I'm tired of waiting.:(

Glimmer of hope maybe?

Carnival has been saying that the sailing on the 21st was on since before the ship reached San Diego, so I think that's why the skepticism about that sailing. As in, we haven't been told it's cancelled, therefore we are assuming there's nothing wrong with that sailing. For those people booked on the 21st, hopefully it will sail, but I think they are right in their fears.

I am not booked on Splendor but in an effort to give you more information here is what John Heald posted on facebook earlier this morning:

good morning - the damage assment of the ship continues today and I will let you know whats happening. Its great to be home and sometime today will sit down and read all the coments. Today I will post the second to last part ( cant spell penultmermate ) of Smoke On The Water with the last part tomorrow. I also will ans...wer 20 outstanding questions today as well because I am now ridiculously behind

john

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/JohnHeald

IMO based on the fact that they are still assessing damage and Splendor is still tied up alongside in San Diego, I would not hold out any hope that Splendor sails in the next two weeks.

Sorry.

I hope that PVP is right. But unless they are repairing her right at the dock, I don't know how that will happen. It's a wait and see game I guess. I LOSE!! I'm tired of waiting.:(

I am tired of waiting also. I am okay if they cancel. I just want to know if I should be planning for a vacation or am I staying home.

We are scheduled to sail on the Splendor on 1/9/11. My sister has not booked her flights yet but would like to do so before they hike up the prices. However, we're flying from NY to LA and she doesn't want to purchase the flights if there is a chance that we won't be cruising. Anyway...she's been calling everyday about the Splendor. Today the CCL Rep. told her that they get email updates several times a day about Splendor and her latest one from this morning stated that the Nov. 21st sailing will be cancelled but the Nov. 28th is still good to go. My sister asked why the website removed all sailing dates up til the 19th of Dec. and was told they were holding those rooms so people on the cancelled cruises have first choice. Don't know how true this but thought I would share.

P.S. I too am agravated with how Carnival is handling this. They provided superb customer services for all those onboard when the ship broke down. But for the thousands of us left waiting for an answer now - not so much. We're not asking for money back but would appreciate the option of switching ships and knowing far enough ahead so we could get reasonable airfare to Florida. I especially feel bad for all of those leaving in the next two weeks. It's ridiculous that they won't allow you to cancel and switch ships. Now even if you wanted to switch, the airfare alone (if you're flying in) would be astronomical. Carnival is dropping the ball on this one! :(

I agree, it doesn't matter to me what they tell us but tell us! There are some great deals out there for those dates but they won't last so not knowing if we are getting our money back or not, sailing or not makes it impossible to make other plans. Hopefully soon we will know :-) Carol & Dave

I am tired of waiting also. I am okay if they cancel. I just want to know if I should be planning for a vacation or am I staying home.

Not happening. I have been down there twice now since Thur. and watched on the webcam. There is nothing being onloaded or off loaded. No cranes no nothing.. I have seen crew going on and off in groups, probably to help with clean up. Our Port Authority here stated the ship had to be moved by the

20th because they needed the berth.

I could be totally wrong but unless everything is being done internally I dont see anything being loaded. If the cruise is going to sail on Sunday, they would need to start loading replacement supplies and food stores soon I would think.

I feel for all of you. I would be overly anxious waiting to know.:(

Until Carnival assesses the damages Carnival does not know.

Iv also heard they cannot repair the ship where she sits now .. so its doubtfull it will sail next sunday ...I would have a back up plan in place.

I have a backup plan in place; the only problem I have is that I have my vacation money tied up in Carnival, and I have to purchase another holiday inclusive of flights, car service, hotel, etc. In the meantime, it is getting expensive.

I really feel for those of you waiting... that would drive me bonkers too. I'm sure there are lots of personnel involved in the "investigation" and that takes awhile. However, an update here or there would be nice, just to say what they can about what is going on. Hopefully something will come out today.

I can not imagine the "tightrope" that Carnival is walking right now.

They don't want to interfere with someone's vacation if they don't have to....

but they don't want to leave people hanging either.

Unfortunately, if a ship yard says "sure, we can fix it in three days" (and Carnival does not cancel the cruises based on this) ....

and then the ship yard doesn't honor that commitment (for whatever reason...they couldn't get the part or there is unforeseen issues) .... then that makes Carnival late informing their guests...

sometimes these kinds of decisions are delayed because of others involved not under Carnival's control.....

Perhaps a call to "The Amazing Kreskin" ..... ( I used to love Julia Sugarbaker's ~Designing Women~ references to him when there was just no way to know what will happen)...

Btw, this waiting would drive me nuts as well.....but probably less for us since we travel so much .. we always have a plan c, d,e,f etc etc etc

I'm feeling really anxious and beginning to get a bit P.O'd, even disgusted.

There are just too many people left hanging with holiday plans that require a lot of fine tuning and planning. It seems to me that Carnival is focusing on the "bottom line" instead of their guests with this scheduled cruise. If they weren't, they would be allowing us refunds (with no penalty) so that we can free up our money to make other plans. Sure, they did the right thing for the Nov. 14th group of cruisers with their refunds and future discount and everybody is praising Carnival. I say they are dropping the ball with this one. It certainly is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and I am seriously re-considering cruising with them again.

I'm trying so hard to remain calm, but when the 12/19 bookings disapeared from the Carnival web site, my stomach did a flip flop. We are suppose to get married that day, on the splendor.

I called Carnival and a really wonderful agent got my call. Although she didn't have the answer I wanted, she did speak with someone higher up there and she said that they just aren't taking new bookings at this time. She said she wasn't able to see if it was sold out, just that they weren't taking new bookings. About an hour before my call, I guess they were taking bookings as it was still on their website.

I guess that really isn't new information to add to this thread, but posting sure beats throwing up.

Since this was an electrical wiring "fire" I would think that this will not be an easy fix, if the wiring harness on my Ford Explorer suddenly burned up I could go to the local Ford dealer and get a new one, or even a junk yard and take one out of an explorer there.

I just don't think there are many spare wiring harnesses at the local ship yard.

Just my thoughts

Archived