TSA Pat Down - Part Deux - Coming to a Boat or Train Near You!

MrPete

I'm not overly concerned about someone sinking a ship with an underwear bomb.

I don't think Carnival is, either. The problem is when the government decides on "our" behalf and institutes a requirement. That is exactly the path the TSA went. I don't know about you, but I trust Carnival with my safety far more than I trust Homeland Security. Just like I trust American Airlines with my life far more than I do the TSA. If people don't feel safe, they won't travel with your company. Not to mention--if a plane blows up, whose insurance compensates the victims? Who loses the pilots? Who loses the $100 million plane? The TSA sure doesn't.

Cruise lines already get anti-piracy measures now as it is. If you're sailing around Malaysia or Somalia, they've got the sonic emitters, etc.. Cause guess why? People afraid they'll be taken hostage by pirates won't cruise. The only thing restricting the cruise lines' ability to protect themselves are the maritime regulations restricting their ability to hoard weapons.

Hire physicians to do the pat-downs. Male and female, your choice; then we can get our prostate checks, hernia check, colon cancer test, and PAPs done free at the airport or ship port; whichever. For a small fee, test results will be available at debarkation, following the cruise.

Speaking as an elderly woman who has been felt up at the airport for years for having a knee implant, it would be more enjoyable for me if I could choose some nice young man to do so instead of always getting a middle-aged woman. Of course, he would probably hate it, but I think we all should suffer equally.;)

Speaking as an elderly women who has been felt up every time for having a metal knee, it would make the pat-downs much more interesting for me if I could choose some nice young man to do so instead of always getting a middle-aged woman. Of course, he would probably hate it, but I think we all should suffer equally.;)
:D ITA. Therefore I think next time I fly, I will copy the lovely young woman at LAX who wore nothing but a bikini underneath her coat, to make going through security go faster.

Of course, I am twice her age (and weight :eek:) and will likely give the agents permanent PTSD, but hey- they asked for it! :p

With that topic opened up, I will ask, I don't mind being on the "wrong side"

Is it strange that there haven't been any pictures of interviews of "Muslim" "Islamic" looking people in all the reports and videos of the pat downs, and body scanners.

Is it that they are not getting selected for the screening, (by accident I am sure) or the reporters have just missed them going through.

I hate to profile, but isn't that (terrorist) what we are looking for, and arn't they (terrorist) implied to be from the Islamic/Muslim area. They have also not shown any that look like the "shoe" bomber, or the underwear bomber. just typical American everyday people, mostly us "larger" people of size.

I know, maybe the new image of a terrorist is the average overweight American from Kansas.

Well you do not want to hurt the feelings of a potential bomber do you? They are very sensitive you know.

Therefore we must inconvenience everyone equally.

What really bother's me is how they handle children. Either little Timmy gets a fully body scan where the scanner can see the child naked or you get to explain that this stranger touching you in your privates is different from other strangers touching in the privates.

Hopefully at some point this political correctness nonsense goes away and we can use profiling to direct our use of anti terrorist resources to where it would make the most sense.

I could not agree more. While they waste their time trying to pat down a 75 year old lady, they could be spending valuable time looking for more obvious choices. Lets face it, who is more likely to be a problem? The middle aged American woman or a middle eastern 30 year old male? I know its a terrible thing for some people to contemplate but the tsa is wasting their time when they pat down obvious non-targets.

I don't like it but then again I don't know what threats and dangers may have caused this step up in security

I would personally take the full body scan JMO

I do hope they totally regulate the "scanners" and quash any saving of photos/scans etc

I also agree that the "politically correct" aspect is why we have come to this

however...I am sure the people on the planes that crashed into World Trade Center, Pentagon, field in Pa, and the people in said buildings and all those who love them would want the body scan

The shoe bomber...the other would be bombers....all very scary

there may be others we have not been told about "no need to know"

there might be "chatter" on the net

of course....they SHOULD go after the likely suspects but who knows??

Thanks to our innane immigration laws and allowing anyone from anywhere to come open businesses and live here to "study" on and on..who knows??

these people can be right among us

FYI I live less than 1/2 mile from where some of the 911 "pilots" lived while they were training for that horror

They probably shopped at "my" Publix, used "my" gas station, right by them

scary times

Ok, so I have a 95 year old Great Aunt who travels occasionally and she is in a wheel chair...now mind you she can't hardly walk of course is very hard of hearing and all that goes along with being 95. God bless her she can still travel. Now, you tell me why they would try to make the woman stand up to be patted down...please....she sure looks like a card carrying member of Al-Queda to me...gotta love the TSA. I guess they have to make sure she does not have a bomb in her "depends". Sheesh

I wish we would do our "security" checks in a smarter way.

However while flying I will submit and not complain as my private parts are groped and fondled as I do want to feel comfortable while flying..

Not sure how these TSA people can do this all day long and not sleep while doing this though.

Hopefully at some point this political correctness nonsense goes away and we can use profiling to direct our use of anti terrorist resources to where it would make the most sense.

There are enough 'home grown terrorists' that this makes no sense.

Thank you. At the moment I'm far more concerned about an over-zealous militia member than a member of al-Qaeda.

Thank god not everyone thinks that way and they are one in the same:(

Fair skinned and freckled.... :rolleyes:

I agree;)

I see no reason why anyone should be concerned about any militia. Militia members have no interest in targetting the general populace. Their beef is with the government. More power to them: it's called the 2nd Amendment. Guess why we even had a 2nd Amendment: so we could have a militia.

I see no reason why anyone should be concerned about any militia. Militia members have no interest in targetting the general populace. Their beef is with the government. More power to them: it's called the 2nd Amendment. Guess why we even had a 2nd Amendment: so we could have a militia.

So when they blew up the Ok City federal building, those dead people were not "the general populace?"

Or are you saying that McVeigh and company were not "militia members?"

Slippery slope, people. On other threads about the TSA on here and other boards, most everyone said that they'd rather have the TSA pat them down then be blown up. Well, now we're going to get our wish. Wonder how inconvenienced people will be when all public transportation must now have a search. You thought Amtrak ran behind schedule now, just wait until they have the TSA there.

Also, get ready in the future for all public buildings to have TSA checkpoints. The moment there is a scare, credible or not, of a bomb in a mall/store, this government agency will expand massively in response. The government will stop at nothing to "save" us from the dreaded bogeyman. Don't like getting searched at the airport, how about being searched before buying eggs at the store?

How far are the American people willing to go? It's not going to stop with airports, and most likely won't stop with just transportation. There are other vulnerable targets in this country just waiting for a terrorist attack. When the day comes that we are getting searched leaving our houses, will that be too far?

Well you do not want to hurt the feelings of a potential bomber do you? They are very sensitive you know.

Therefore we must inconvenience everyone equally.

I have been flying and travelling the world since 1974 and I have never ever seen any Muslim looking person get pulled off a security line for enhanced screening....all I have ever seen are the agents being overly kind to them and completely ignoring their ethicity...in my well over 200 flights all I have never seen anyone other than caucasians being frisked.

I know others have different scenarios...but believe me when I tell you I have seen some of the loudest most dangerous looking characters being very loud and obnoxious be allowed to go to the front of the security line so as to not miss their flight....now that person should have been held aside for being loud and insulting to the agents.

Of course my 4 yo at the time got pulled aside and had the wands used on her.......totally random...and totally ridiculous...but the loudmouth who was cursing the airline was able to go in front of us so he wouldn't miss his plane. Nice, huh:mad:

Archived