TSA Pat Down - Part Deux - Coming to a Boat or Train Near You!

MrPete

It says boat, I don't go on a boat I go on a ship. But I do have to fly.

Just Go thru the scanner and you don't have to get patted down. (unless it goes off) To go thru this 2 times a year I think I can handle it, whatever comes down the road. The life and times of todays world. If 1 plane or ship sinks because of a bomb everybody would be in a uproar, why didn't you protect us. So far they have been lucky.

Just Go thru the scanner and you don't have to get patted down. (unless it goes off) To go thru this 2 times a year I think I can handle it, whatever comes down the road. The life and times of todays world. If 1 plane or ship sinks because of a bomb everybody would be in a uproar, why didn't you protect us. So far they have been lucky.

And yet NEVER yet at an airport security checkpoint. :rolleyes:

Hopefully at some point this political correctness nonsense goes away and we can use profiling to direct our use of anti terrorist resources to where it would make the most sense.

With that topic opened up, I will ask, I don't mind being on the "wrong side"

Is it strange that there haven't been any pictures of interviews of "Muslim" "Islamic" looking people in all the reports and videos of the pat downs, and body scanners.

Is it that they are not getting selected for the screening, (by accident I am sure) or the reporters have just missed them going through.

I hate to profile, but isn't that (terrorist) what we are looking for, and arn't they (terrorist) implied to be from the Islamic/Muslim area. They have also not shown any that look like the "shoe" bomber, or the underwear bomber. just typical American everyday people, mostly us "larger" people of size.

I know, maybe the new image of a terrorist is the average overweight American from Kansas.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

We are going to have our own version of the pat down screening after dinner tomorrow, to make sure know body is taking home the left over Turkey!

Hire physicians to do the pat-downs. Male and female, your choice; then we can get our prostate checks, hernia check, colon cancer test, and PAPs done free at the airport or ship port; whichever. For a small fee, test results will be available at debarkation, following the cruise.

I'm not overly concerned about someone sinking a ship with an underwear bomb.

Have not seen anything posted on the web yet about the dreaded opt out....

That is because when it comes down to it the general public will choose the path of least resistance, The scanner is much faster they don't touch your junk and is the easiest.

I've been going through the pat down for the past 4 years because I have an artifical knee. It sets off the scanners every time (except the ones at the cruise ship terminal). I'm not particularly fond of it but if it helps keep me safe while flying I'll do it. I would prefer that all airports have the full body scanners. If someone wants to put this 63 year old grandma's body on the internet let 'em.:D Just got back from a trip to Tucson and a lady in front of me started comlaining about the pat downs. She then said "just how many shoe bombers are on the airplanes!" I so hoped someone had heard her and pulled her out of line and patted her down royally! She got an earful fron a couple of other passengers. She, of course, sailed through the line.

Archived