Just off Eclipse!

algorithmannie

Hi Everyone,

Haven't had a chance to write a review of my recent 7 day Eclipse cruise, but please feel free to post any questions.

I was on the 11-20 Eastern Caribbean Sailing, the first 7 day sailing of Eclipse in the Caribbean. We visited San Juan, St. Martin, and St. Kitts. Wonderful wonderful trip! I'll post my review soon!

Disembarkation was actually the best that we've ever had! We signed up for express disembarkation, to carry our own luggage. After much trial and error our family has realized that it's easier to carry our luggage than to pack it the night before and not accidentally pack shoes or clothes for the next day. Just our preference.

We were running a bit late that morning... supposed to report to the theater at 6:30 but we just showed up on deck 5 around 6:50. There was a really really long line, but they opened a new line going out the other side of the ship right as we got there. We were off in 10 minutes. Easy easy. Even if we had waited in line, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal.

Yes, we got off at St. Kitt's. Decided to just walk around a bit and then went back to the ship for lunch and an afternoon at the pool. We heard the beach was great and would like to go next time. The shopping area was our favorite of all the islands that we've visited. Usually we don't do much shopping at all... not really into nick-nacks and don't buy expensive jewelery. However, we really enjoyed the shops and bought some very nice reasonably priced items... sun dresses, affordable but nice jewelery, etc. The island was beautiful and we definitely would like to return.

Just booked a cruise on this ship! I have been in love with the Solstice class ships since the Solstice set sail, yet this is my first cruise on a Solstice class ship! Very excited!

Quick question - the only other X cruise we have taken was on the Century - every evening, they served sushi at the aft section of the island buffet, which was perfect for a little pre-dinner app and drink at the Sunset/Mast bar. Do you know if there is anything similar on the Eclipse?

Yes, there is sushi every evening, as B-May said. I tried the sushi a few times and thought it was good but not great. They had veggie rolls, tuna rolls, some tuna over rice (not a roll, maybe called sashimi?) some octopus, and tofu rolls. Not a huge selection, but nice.

One afternoon I found a really yummy treat during the "tea time" aka mid-afternoon in the ocean view cafe. They had warm croissants with melted cheese inside. Very good. Lots of other good munchies too.

Algorinth-----------did you happen to meet DaffodiLL

beautiful Philippine girl :):):)

I saw Daffodill:). I originally met her on Galaxy and it was such

a nice surprise to see her again:D

Thanks for the info on the sushi!

Another question - do you know if they offer yoga classes and if so, how much?

2 weeks ago on the Summit yoga classes were $12 each.

Tom/Lois R - remind me what area Daffodil works?

Soon, soon, soon!

Sara

Soon, soon, soon!

Sara

She is a bar server:D. I can't tell you which bar she will be in though:eek:

But it was such fun seeing her again.:) We gave each other a big hug:D

She is a bar server:D. I can't tell you which bar she will be in though:eek:

But it was such fun seeing her again.:) We gave each other a big hug:D

Guess this means we will have to go from bar to bar until we find her.

Oh darn :rolleyes:

I'm interested in the new iLounge, I understand it's an authorized Apple reseller. Do you think the prices are better (ie. no taxes) than regular stores in the US and Canada? Also, do I need to book time on their computers, or could I come in with my ipad and just use wifi free?

Wifi charges are exorbitant!

Thanks.

Just booked a cruise on this ship! I have been in love with the Solstice class ships since the Solstice set sail, yet this is my first cruise on a Solstice class ship! Very excited!

Quick question - the only other X cruise we have taken was on the Century - every evening, they served sushi at the aft section of the island buffet, which was perfect for a little pre-dinner app and drink at the Sunset/Mast bar. Do you know if there is anything similar on the Eclipse?

Yes. Btw, our only other Celebrity Cruise before Eclipse was also on Century. On Eclipse the Sushi was served at 5:30pm. One day we also found some plated Sushi in the Aqua Spa Cafe so did not bother going to the Sea View Cafe.

I'm interested in the new iLounge, I understand it's an authorized Apple reseller. Do you think the prices are better (ie. no taxes) than regular stores in the US and Canada? Also, do I need to book time on their computers, or could I come in with my ipad and just use wifi free?

Wifi charges are exorbitant!

Thanks.

I was also on this same sailing as the OP. The prices in the iLounge are similar to land, but no tax (duty free). I was looking for an ipad and was told they weren't stocking them yet. :( They did have lots of ipods, laptops, and other accessories in a display case in the room. You don't need to book time on the computers (the iLounge is always open, except when they have a paying class in session). But, if you want to use the internet (wifi or in the ilounge), you do have to pay. Prices start at something like .60/min, they're posted in the lounge. You could probably snag some free wifi in the ports. Just ask the crew, they usually know the best places to go for free or cheap internet.

As for the sushi...like others have mentioned, it was available in the Oceanview from 5:30-9:30pm but quality was fair at best. The teatime (from 3-4pm) is much, much better - oh, the scones! Yum! They also served sushi at the Captain's Club celebration and it was much better quality.

Sounds like Infi has the questions covered! I concur with everything said about the iLounge and the wifi access.

They iLounge also offered a number of classes over the course of the week. There was an option to pay for one class or to pay to attend every class. I dropped in during an iWeb class and it looked like a good setup. My mom was interested in the classes, but decided that she would rather spend her vacation by the pool :)

Also, I will be updating my blog soon! I'll be sure to update my signature when I've updated the blog so that everyone can checkout my detailed review.

Soon, soon, soon!

Sara

Thanks! $12 is not bad considering the drop in fee at the studio where I sometimes practice here in Charlotte is $15!

Ok! The first few days of our trip are posted on my blog :) Did it really quickly and haven't done much editing yet, but you can get a sneak peak now.

What a great blog, Annie. You're a very talented writer and the inclusion of photos makes the review even better. I like reading reviews of others on the same cruise to see what their experiences were, and it's fun seeing familiar sights. :) Looking forward to more installments!

Archived