E-mail "Comment Card" question for Host Mach

LindaJSteele

How long does it take to get the e-mail survey that has replaced the comment cards? We got off the Fascination a little over a week ago and have yet to receive it? I would like to do it while it's still relatively fresh. I used the "Contact Us" link on the Carnival website and asked, but I haven't received a reply from them either. Can you help? Thanks!

I think I read somewhere that it would be emailed to you within 2 weeks.

I have also heard that some people have not been receiving them.

I also read on John's blog that if Carnival doesn't have your email on file (probably meaning if you didn't put one in when you did your funpass) you obviously won't get one.

But it really sounds like they are still trying to get the bugs worked out.

What they should do is have like an online survey where you type in your booking number, ship, and sail date, in addition to the email so the people that didn't get an email still have the chance to take the survey.

Or better yet, they can just bring back the comment cards!!

I'm still waiting for ours; we sailed the first week in October. :eek:

We sailed the last week of September....still nothing.

Sailed twice in early September, once in late October, and then again last week.

So far, nothing. Not holding my breath on the one from last week either (although I did confirm w/ Miami, as well as onboard, that my e-mail address was definitely known).

We received one for September and one for November's cruise. Both emails on file but only one of us received it. September's sailing it was sent to my email and November's was sent to my DH's. Received it within a week after sailing.

How long does it take to get the e-mail survey that has replaced the comment cards? We got off the Fascination a little over a week ago and have yet to receive it? I would like to do it while it's still relatively fresh. I used the "Contact Us" link on the Carnival website and asked, but I haven't received a reply from them either. Can you help? Thanks!

I got mine about two weeks after the cruise.

Now, you have to make sure that you didn't opt out of emails from Carnival in your profile. If you did you won't receive the survey...

:)

We received one for September and one for November's cruise. Both emails on file but only one of us received it. September's sailing it was sent to my email and November's was sent to my DH's. Received it within a week after sailing.

At the moment, Carnival is only sending one email per cabin... I can't offer any logic behind that...

:confused:

What they should do is have like an online survey where you type in your booking number, ship, and sail date, in addition to the email so the people that didn't get an email still have the chance to take the survey.

Or better yet, they can just bring back the comment cards!!

It's been recommended that they do just that... establish a website that will allow you to input your booking number and password. That will provide you access to the survey...

Disembarked the Imagination on Nov 19th. Email survey received Nov 23rd.

I liked it. Asked more questions then were on the old paper survey, like about the ports we visited.

Also liked not hearing any of the "begging" for exceeds all expectations for every item from the CD while onboard! :)

Back when they had the comment cards, they had a drawing the morning of debarkation. Everyone who submitted a comment card was in the drawing. Now, I understand that the drawing will be held from the email surveys. Now, if everyone does not receive a survey, they are not eligible for the drawing. And, if only one person from a cabin receives a survey, then only that person is eligible for the drawing. I just returned from a cruise with a girl friend as DH had to work, so only one of us will be eligible for the drawing - IF we even get a survey emailed to us. I like the idea of a website as mentioned earlier.

I got mine about two weeks after the cruise.

Now, you have to make sure that you didn't opt out of emails from Carnival in your profile. If you did you won't receive the survey...

Thanks for the info! I definitely receive e-mails from Carnival, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info! I definitely receive e-mails from Carnival, so we'll see what happens.

I do as well... plenty of them. However the last survey I received was a couple of years ago - and it was about dining options (Supperclub/Steakhouse, Italian, etc..) and what I would be willing to pay for each.

Like Don, I am still awaiting a survey for my September sailing.

I am sure they'll get it worked out eventually - as the PR from not being able to easily submit comments itself is not a good thing.

Tom

I'm opted in, Carnival has both my email and Dh's, but no survey from our Nov. 8th sailing. There were five of us in three separate cabins and the only one who received the survery was the solo cabin who was a first time cruiser. Have to wonder if they want to hear the "glowing" reviews of the newbies instead of what those of us who have been around a while have to say. :confused:

I think they are using the you have to have your email address on file, as an excuse for not sending them. As other posters have posted, mine is on file, so there is no excuse for not sending one. Also I check my junk filter daily, since I run an online business, so they can't use that excuse either. Guess what, no survey for cruise in Sept and Oct.

I never received one after returning on the Glory 10/16. I really wanted to compliment them on my Chef's Table experience. It was fabulous!

(and thanks to you also Mach for helping it happen!)

...Have to wonder if they want to hear the "glowing" reviews of the newbies instead of what those of us who have been around a while have to say. :confused:

I have wondered about that as well.

I know 2-3 other Milestone cruisers who have yet to see email survey #1!

Of course, I manage to get my thoughts through to Carnival via alternate means anyway...

Tom

Archived