Fastest way off the Mariner in Cabo?

travelzoo

Some friends, my wife and I are taking the cruise on Dec. 12th I am wondering if anyone has tips as to the best way to get off the ship ASAP ASAP ASAP...........which deck to line up on? Where on the ship? And what time? We are trying to catch the Jungle whale watch snorkel and party boat which leaves the Marina at 10:30AM.........Do I have time? Should I even bother? HELP PLEASE>>>>>>>>>THANKS!!!!!!!

The gangway is Deck 2, if I remember. I'm sure you'll make it but since it is a tender port, I understand your anticipation. Your itinerary says arrival is at 9:30 am, but I seem to recall we were cleared for disembarkation just after 9 am. I suppose just being down there first (if they let you through to wait) would ensure you are off quickly. Follow the signage to "Gangway". The tender boats that are used are large and the trip is less than 3 minutes, I'd say.

Also, I'm sure there are others on the ship who will be taking this trip.

Have fun on Mariner! She is phenominal. :)

I'll be on that cruise, too. There is also an hour difference between ship time and shore time. Though I can't remember which way. I think it benefits you? If you decide you don't want to risk it, there are two Pez Gato whale watching tours (catamarans) that were wide open last time I checked. One is in 2-4pm, so no rushing needed.

You do need to be conscience that ship & island time are different, island time is ahead of ships time. Anytime you tender is will take longer than if you were just walking off the ship. Its always best to book excursions that are not with the first half hour once you dock. Enjoy your cruise.

I'll be on that cruise, too. There is also an hour difference between ship time and shore time. Though I can't remember which way. I think it benefits you? If you decide you don't want to risk it, there are two Pez Gato whale watching tours (catamarans) that were wide open last time I checked. One is in 2-4pm, so no rushing needed.

Unless this has changed since I was on the Mariner this would not be correct. The clock were adjusted to mountain time and ship's time was the same in Cabo & Mazatlan. Puerto Vallarta is in the central time zone and was an hour ahead. On the way back the ship returned to Pacific time.

As I recall, in the past for tendering, you had to show up theater to get a number and wait your turn. For the most part, excursions were let off before passengers.

Things may have changed.

You'll definitely want to check on the time aspect. If the ship is on Pacific time and Cabo on mountain. When it's 9:30 on the ship it will be 10:30 in port. You won't make your trip

Unless this has changed since I was on the Mariner this would not be correct. The clock were adjusted to mountain time and ship's time was the same in Cabo & Mazatlan. Puerto Vallarta is in the central time zone and was an hour ahead. On the way back the ship returned to Pacific time.

Ship is on Pacific time. Current Pacific time is 11:51. Current time in Cabo is 12:51, the port is one hour ahead.

We were just on Mariner the week of Nov 14th. They announced several times to stay on ships time. Cabo and Mazatlan were one hour ahead and Puerto Vallarata was two hours ahead. The line grows fast so get there early. the ride is a good 10-15 minutes. May seem shorter due the excitement, but it's not. :)

Become D+ and get priority tendering ticket.:D

Do they use tickets anymore? Back in May was our first cruise and eight of us walked right on the first boat off the ship in Monaco.

We didn't have tickets in Cabo two weeks ago either. We weren't on the first boat that time but farly early and again no tickets. Both times I was expecting to need tickets as that is what I read on CC.

Archived