Cruise Director list...

*Mach*

We were on the Pride in September and had Kirk Benning. We thought he was great and was hoping he would be the CD on our Pride cruise next September.

However, looking at this, it appears he gets off the Pride in April and goes on the Liberty in mid-June. I know the calendar does not go out past June, but it looks like it is not just a "fill-in" short term assignment.

:-(

We were on the Pride in September and had Kirk Benning. We thought he was great and was hoping he would be the CD on our Pride cruise next September.

However, looking at this, it appears he gets off the Pride in April and goes on the Liberty in mid-June. I know the calendar does not go out past June, but it looks like it is not just a "fill-in" short term assignment.

:-(

Kirk is nice and the ACD on the Pride with him jamie is a real peach

We are leaving on the Destiny on the 18th (8 days) this is our 1st real Carnival Cruise and our 2nd real cruise I call it..lol We went on the Victory when we lived in NYC 9 years ago but it was a cruise to nowhere and the time of our lives...

We too will have Brent and well we like CD that are out and about in the crowd..We went on the NCL Sky and had the BEST CD he was so funny, always with the crowd so Im disappointed to hear that this guy isnt too into the crowd...We will See...

I also like the high energy cruise directors that are out and about. I hope to see a review from you when you return.

Thanks for posting! Now I know which ship to skip to avoid Malcolm Burn. I'll NEVER cruise with him, and his group of nasty folks again!

"SKY"

Why is Malcolm Burn so bad? And who is his "group of Nasty folks"? Please explain, we are going on the Miracle with this group in Feb and you have made us curious???

Why is he your favorite? Have you ever had John Heald or Jorge. Have a great time on your cruise this weekend.

Stu Dunn has great energy and was all over the ship all three times we sailed the Elation. He is also very aproachable and just a good down to earth guy. We had John Heald on the Liberty in 2006. He is our second favorite. Funny as hell. Jorge Solano just plain stinks. Had him on our last two cruise, the Triumph in Feb. and the Glory in May. Somebody said he was a comedian before being a cruise director. Now I know why he failed as a comedian. All his jokes are old and rip offs from other comedians. Never saw him around the ships except in the main lounge. Entertainment and activities were so-so on those ships and I blame the cruise director for that. I know most of the activities come from Carnival but the entertainment staff seemed to be just going through the motions on both those cruises.

How is Brent on the Destiny? He'll be my next CD. :)

We just sailed with Brent on the Destiny and he was delightful.

He was very kind of our son with Autism. This cruise completed the fleet for us and he gave him a ship on a stick at the past guest party in recognition.

Our son was beaming from ear to ear......

I know alot of people don't care who the CD is. But has anyone had Todd Wittmer before? Just wondering. He is supposed to be the CD for Liberty in March, 2011. Thanks in advance.

We just sailed with Todd on the Liberty.

We have sailed with him many times and he does a great job. We had some of the best entertainment (piano bar, cover band etc) on the Liberty because THEY want to cruise with him.

So the CD can be important in instances like that.....

Just remember that he is more visible at night. (disco or on Lido)

How is Jorge? We have a large group forming in the roll calls and it would be nice to be able to direct some of the member to here.

You are in for a treat...Jorge is hilarious.

He was a stand up cemedian for YEARS (a fly on for Carnival as well) before becoming a CD.

He is one of our favorites....

Anyone cruised with Felipe Couto he will be the CD on the Splendor when she gets back in the water... we are cruising 3/6

We just cruised with Felipe in August and he is a hoot.

Of course, the first thing we consider when evaluating a CD is how they handle our son's special needs. And Felipe was excellent.

Very high energy.

In fact, he has not has a vacation in 8 months and won't get one for several more months.

He loves what he does. He loves people...and it shows.

Can't say that I've ever heard anything about him one way or another..... He's our CD in January on the Elation...

We are cruising with him for the first time January 1st and 6th (B2B)....can't wait!!

Stu Dunn has great energy and was all over the ship all three times we sailed the Elation. He is also very aproachable and just a good down to earth guy. We had John Heald on the Liberty in 2006. He is our second favorite. Funny as hell. Jorge Solano just plain stinks. Had him on our last two cruise, the Triumph in Feb. and the Glory in May. Somebody said he was a comedian before being a cruise director. Now I know why he failed as a comedian. All his jokes are old and rip offs from other comedians. Never saw him around the ships except in the main lounge. Entertainment and activities were so-so on those ships and I blame the cruise director for that. I know most of the activities come from Carnival but the entertainment staff seemed to be just going through the motions on both those cruises.

Funny how we are all different. Cruised with Jorge twice and thought he was the funniest CD we have seen.

Very personable and easy to talk to.

I had Jorge on the Triumph in Feb. I can't say that I thought he was as fun as Big Tex which I am happy to see returning for my next cruise on the Triumph again in Feb 2011, but I had no issues major problem with him. Jorge was not out and about with the folks and frankly I missed Big Tex's morning show and announcements.

Jorge did do some comedy for us, and it was funny. A cruise director doesn't make or break a cruise for me, but I like having someone who is visible with us passengers, upbeat, and keeps us informed if there is a situation. We were 5 hours late leaving from port and Jorge never let us know what was going on. That bugged me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...