Longer Carnival Cruises?

Hot Nail

I think it has to do with their target market. The demand from the US market must not be very great for the longer cruises. They do have several ships that sail alternating itineraries every week, so when I want a longer cruise I just book one of those.

With the coming out of the Dream they restarted the longer Med cruises before the TA repositioning, and the Magic and I assume the Breeze will also have a 4 or 5 month Med season with 12 day cruises being the norm.

I agree with Okgirl. It has to do with the target market. That all being said. I think after 5 very nice cruises with Carnival, I have outgrown this cruiseline. I surely hope to cruise with Carnival again, but I have decided that in 2011 I will try a different line ( multiple reasons, all personal to me, I wont impose my opinions here ) but yes, Carnival appeals to a target group and those mostly go for up to 8 day cruises.

Now that I am spoiled by having enjoyed an 8 day cruise, I look elsewhere for my cruise in late 2011. 10 day minimum for me, and since I only take vacation once a year, I think I deserve this.:)

70`s 80`s and 90`s.

had me scared there for a minute!!:)

i know what you mean, we have been on 4 8 day cruises and you see very few younger people. hardly no small kids!:) we will be going on our first 3 and 4 day cruise [b2b] in january. i bet the crowd will be different on this cruise. younger i mean.:)

We usually cruise out of Florida and would love to see a longer cruise going further South.

If Carnival does not do it in the next few years we will be forced to go to another cruise line that will.

Getting tired of some of the same old islands over and over.

We did a B 2 B on the Freedom to the Western and then Eastern Caribbean - a great way to get a 14 day cruise. Bonus is that the booze fairy that visits the last night of your cruise doesn't care that you are staying on board on more week. Great way to stock back up!

I'd love to have a longer cruise from a port in Florida. DH has four weeks of vacation starting in 2011. So, I'm looking for creative ways to get a couple of weeks of cruising at one time. Right now I'm considering a b2b on the Dream or other ship that does alternating routes. But a 12 day cruise would be great too!

Old Folks...!!!

You younger whipper snappers should listen to your elders, you might learn something...:D

LMAO!!!! I'm listening.......

The longest we've been on one is 7 days and next year we'll be doing an 8-dayer....can't wait!:D

Prefer 10 days - I agree the 7 day cruises are too short. That's why we tried Princess as they have some longer cruises - sailing the Caribbean. We really like Princess, but have returned to Carnival - doing our first B2B on the Dream (we'll get a longer cruise one way or the other):)

Would love to take a longer cruise on CCL. Host Mach, I will watch for new itineraries but do you have any hints on what they might be?

With the shareholder credit maxing out at $250 for a 14 day - I would love to find one that long. If I could book a transatlantic & then do a back to back with a cruise in europe, could apply for the credit for both cruises individually. Have read some HAL cruisers upset, because they have very long cruises, some 60+ days, but no way to get above a $250 shareholder credit.

Archived