CAS Changes

thelion

You and me both... :( I am prepaid for my 1/14 10 night cruise, just 2 days after "the change" which would have made me Diamond under the current system.

How long were your previous cruises? If to date you have credits from short cruises, you might want to try to slip in another short one right away to get that 10th credit. You might run a little bit short if you have multiple 12 nighters. Based on the above postings, if your cruises have averaged about 7 days, you may make Diamond at about the same time (70 nights vs 10 credits from 7 night cruises). I assume you are already in a suite for you upcoming Jan 7 cruise. If not, upgrade.

How long were your previous cruises? If to date you have credits from short cruises, you might want to try to slip in another short one right away to get that 10th credit. You might run a little bit short if you have multiple 12 nighters. Based on the above postings, if your cruises have averaged about 7 days, you may make Diamond at about the same time (70 nights vs 10 credits from 7 night cruises). I assume you are already in a suite for you upcoming Jan 7 cruise. If not, upgrade.

Yes, I am in a JS suite already. Which will put me at 9 credits total with the current system by the time I disembark on 1/10. I board the Jewel on 1/14 for my 10 night, which is just 2 days after the supposed change date.

Don't know how they will refigure those 9 credits, but I am guessing my elation at making Diamond by the time I take the 1/14 cruise has now been deflated big time. Figures.

Thanks alot RCI. :(

Yes, I am in a JS suite already. Which will put me at 9 credits total with the current system by the time I disembark on 1/10. I board the Jewel on 1/14 for my 10 night, which is just 2 days after the supposed change date.

Don't know how they will refigure those 9 credits, but I am guessing my elation at making Diamond by the time I take the 1/14 cruise has now been deflated big time. Figures.

Thanks alot RCI. :(

If you are Platinum with 9 points when you disembark on 1/10 why do you think you will suddenly be Diamond when you board again on 1/14 under any system? You won't be Diamond untill you get off your 1/14 cruise That's how it works now and the OP has said that no one will be demoted under the new scheme.

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

Are you referring to the new Pinnacle level (over 100 cc)? I just became Dimaond Plus and hope I don't lose the CL before I even get it again (had for 1 cruise as Diamond before the last change).

If you are Platinum with 9 points when you disembark on 1/10 why do you think you will suddenly be Diamond when you board again on 1/14 under any system? You won't be Diamond untill you get off your 1/14 cruise That's how it works now and the OP has said that no one will be demoted under the new scheme.

During my 1/14 I would have been elated to know that the current cruise I was on would going make me Diamond when I DISEMBARKED that cruise with 10 points. Do you remember the cruise you were on that was then going to make you Diamond once you completed the cruise? That was what I was looking forward to. Since I am boarding on 1/14 AFTER the 1/12 change, all bets are off. I don't know what I will be when I disembark now. Just disappointed I guess.

So they will convert your old credits to days? So taking two cruises in December to get closer to D+ was a waste of time. It seems kind of strange to dangle an extra cruise credit for sailings in December, and then change the system from credits to days.

I'm curious how they will handle the reciprical agreement with Celebrity. I'm platinum with Royal because I'm select with Celebrity. Will that mean that my 5 cruise credits with Royal (currently) will automatically become 30 days or will they give me whatever the equivalent of days is with Royal and Celebrity or just count how many days I have with Royal so I'll drop back a level?

I'm sure there are some cruisers who have never been on any Royal Caribbean cruise, but sailed extentively with Celebrity and are considered Diamond because they are Elite on Celebrity.

It may be a nightmare trying to figure out how to work this out, unless they stop granting equivalent levels with Celebrity (not sure if they do the same with Azamara)?

During my 1/14 I would have been elated to know that the current cruise I was on would going make me Diamond when I DISEMBARKED that cruise with 10 points. Do you remember the cruise you were on that was then going to make you Diamond once you completed the cruise? That was what I was looking forward to. Since I am boarding on 1/14 AFTER the 1/12 change, all bets are off. I don't know what I will be when I disembark now. Just disappointed I guess.

Yes I do remember very well the day I got off my cruise that made me Diamond - it was the very day they announced the changes last year and I was no longer allowed in the CL!!! I was furious!!!!:eek: I hope you'll be fine.

OK, I'm stressing!! I have 9 credits now and will be boarding the Allure on 1/9, staying in a JS. So it seems I will be in the middle of my cruise when the changes hit on 1/12. That cruise would have made me Diamond under the present system. Will I go into the new system as Platinum or Diamond? I'll be so disappointed if that cruise is not counted to make me Diamond. Was so looking forward to the upgraded perks.

I am also on this cruise and will be making Platinum after this cruise is over. Please tell us that we will be able to obtain our new statuses because our cruise starts before the changes!!

If your info turns out to be correct then I will have to admit my wife was right (again). We moved a cruise from late January to December so we could be D+ by the end of the year in case the level requirements did change we could hopefully be grandfathered in.

The last time any man gets the final word is when he says "I do". After that, the only proper response is, "you're right, dear.";)

No one will lose any status they had as of 1/12. All new status changes will be based on days (or double days if you had a suite). Remember, though, you may not stay at Platinum. You might move to the new level between Platinum and Diamond.

I think it is sad that you would let this ruin your cruise like that.

So they will convert your old credits to days? So taking two cruises in December to get closer to D+ was a waste of time. It seems kind of strange to dangle an extra cruise credit for sailings in December, and then change the system from credits to days.

No one is losing status. You will stay where you are, or move up.

I think it is sad that you would let this ruin your cruise like that.

It won't "ruin" my cruise...sheez... I am not that petty. :rolleyes:

I am just disappointed that my excitment of becoming Diamond after I had completed that cruise is now taken away. As they have changed the rules AFTER I had already booked and effective just 2 days before I board the ship, of course it bothers me. Wish they would wait until the end of the month, then I would have been grandfathered in.

Was looking for that additional balcony discount given to Diamonds for my planned Alaska cruise.

It depends. Since they are going to a day based system, it will depend on how long your sailings have been.

Platinum is going to be 30 nights and (I think) Diamond is going to be 70 or 75 nights. So, if you take 7 night cruises, you will be Diamond. If you take 3 night cruises, you will stay Platinum or move to the new tier between Platinum and Diamond (50 nights, I believe).

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

For those of us with a defective math gene, it would have made more sense to put the breaks at 25, 50, 75, and 100 nights.

So the levels would be based on number of nights x 2 if you were to sail in a suite?

I would be surprised if D+ lose the Concierge Lounge. Was just informed that there are only around 5000 D+ members out of the 5.5 million C&A members. On my most recent cruise, there were only 20 D+ members onboard and the CL was never busy.

I will be very disappointed if the concierge lounge is taken away from the D+ members. I guess sometimes you just go with the punches. I just won't be so driven to continue to accumulate points on RCL when I can go with =X= out of closer ports.

What will the D+ qualification be? How about the new pinnacle level?

Honestly, I didn't even realize when I made Diamond. It came as a complete surprise to me.......oh, look, it says Diamond now on My Cruises.

:)

For those of us with a defective math gene, it would have made more sense to put the breaks at 25, 50, 75, and 100 nights.

Is 30, 50, 70 difficult for you? :eek: Really? does your spouse handle all the money and math? Nah, you must be kidding.

Honestly, I didn't even realize when I made Diamond. It came as a complete surprise to me.......oh, look, it says Diamond now on My Cruises.

:)

Ahh..it was that carrot they hung in front of my face that they were leading me on with that was so exciting to make it to Diamond by next month. Or is that "karat"??? ;) :D

Hi, we are at 9 completed cruises and have the ability to jump on a quick cruise before January 12th to be grandfathered in the Diamond tier. Does the cruise need to end before January 12th to get the cruise credit or can it start on January 10th (Navigator of the Seas) and still count although we would be cruising during the rule change.

Also how many days does it typically take to have a credit appear to your account after the completed cruise?

Thanks for the info, should have done a quick 3 day in December when the fire sale was going on for $99.

Schwimm

I wonder how many days they will give us for the extra cruise credit we got during the December Diamond Celebration?

THAT'S a good question.

If I had to guess, since they are trashing the point system entirely, those cruise credits will merely define where you are now, and as thelion said, you keep that level, but only move up if you qualify under the new system.

So, exempli gratia, if you have 22 cruise credits, whether you got them in December of 2010 or some other time, you are Diamond. If you took all of those cruises in balcony or below, on all 4 night cruises, but got double points for two of them in December, you were actually only on 20 cruises for which you got one credit on 18 and two each for cruise #21 and cruise #22, then you have 20 X 4 =80.

So you would still be Diamond, but you would need however more nights at sea that Diamond Plus becomes under the new system.

Previously, you might have needed 2 more "cruise credits", however you chose to get those, but now you need (say), 20 more nights at sea, if D+ is now 100.

Those numbers are, of course, pure speculation.

Archived