CAS Changes

thelion

I doubt,no matter ,what RCCL does, that everyone will be happy......there will always be something some don't agree with........

That's true, but it's easy to be fair in this matter by not just giving pinnacle to those who haven't earned it. Now if people don't like the benefits or they way the cruise credits are offered, that's another thing - they can't make everyone happy.

But who are they going to offend if they don't just give pinnacle away to those who haven't earned it yet? If it's 750 days at sea - give it to those with 750.

I think my most recent example makes it clear why it's not fair at all to give it to those who haven't earned it - even though it doesn't affect me personally either way as far as I am down the totem pole.

Gina

Question....if you're Diamond cuz of your X status,were you able to take advantage of the Diamond in Dec promotion???I never thought of that,but you mentioning it,got me thinking...I know you get D perks on board...

Wow, really good question. I'd think they got the extra credit just because they are supposed to get all the D perks and that extra credit was one of them. But the way their account would appear in writing, maybe it won't happen.

Gina

That's true, but it's easy to be fair in this matter by not just giving pinnacle to those who haven't earned it. Now if people don't like the benefits or they way the cruise credits are offered, that's another thing - they can't make everyone happy.

But who are they going to offend if they don't just give pinnacle away to those who haven't earned it yet? If it's 750 days at sea - give it to those with 750.

I think my most recent example makes it clear why it's not fair at all to give it to those who haven't earned it - even though it doesn't affect me personally either way as far as I am down the totem pole.

Gina

I agree....guess I missed the post about them giving to those with 100 regardless of actual nights...........that is what you are saying,right?

F????????? F?????????? I think that cruiser would prefer another letter.....;)

and for the record,I heard not all cruises were on the Sovereign.........dont forget the MN and the MJ!!:p:p:p

Hey don't forget Song of America, I have 18 nights on that ship. That is the ship that made me fall in love with cruising RCCL by the way.

This is getting kind of silly, but fun to read.

By the way I am waiting to see if I will get any credit for the 12 nights I just finished on Brilliance (12/5 Med. incident), for which they have refunded our entire fare. I would have become Diamond as the 12 night counted as 2 cruise credits. It was my 75th night on RCCL.

I agree..............I just prefer not to fly........

I used to feel that way. You should force yourself sometime. It's amazing what is out there when you get past the flying part. :)

I keep the how to land a plane/jet app on my phone in case I need to do it. LOL

I used to feel that way. You should force yourself sometime. It's amazing what is out there when you get past the flying part. :)

I keep the how to land a plane/jet app on my phone in case I need to do it. LOL

I used to work for the airlines and had no problem flying......but now,its not my favorite thing..........not that it would stop me from going somewhere I want to............like back to Alaska or head out to the Pac NW..

Hey don't forget Song of America, I have 18 nights on that ship. That is the ship that made me fall in love with cruising RCCL by the way.

This is getting kid of silly, but fun to read.

By the way I am waiting to see if I will get any credit for the 12 nights I just finished on Brilliance (12/5 Med. incident), for which they have refunded our entire fare. I would have become Diamond as the 12 night counted as 2 cruise credits. It was my 75th night on RCCL.

NO credits for free cruises....sorry. :rolleyes: But really, I can't believe they won't give you your credits.

I got a picture of Song of America in early December. She was docked right in front of us in Tenerife in early December. Her old name was still visible under the paint with Thomson Destiny painted over it. It was quite exciting because as soon as I saw that ship, I said, "Hey, that looks like the Viking Crown Lounge on top of that ship." And it was. Very cool.

Gina

I used to work for the airlines and had no problem flying......but now,its not my favorite thing..........not that it would stop me from going somewhere I want to............like back to Alaska or head out to the Pac NW..

Those are good reasons...so "why not?" :)

Gina

Check your C&A account online, Diana... I looked yesterday and already have credit as do my parents.

Question....if you're Diamond cuz of your X status,were you able to take advantage of the Diamond in Dec promotion???I never thought of that,but you mentioning it,got me thinking...I know you get D perks on board...

well, Royal sent me the brochure and I didn't see any fine print excluding me. so I presume they would have giving me bonus credits had I earned any. I admit I considered trying to move up my January Oasis cruise or maybe doing short b2b cruises in December, but it was not practical for me. And I am so, so far from the next level, so grandfather potential didn't seem to matter. If we'd been close to the next level, I might have been more tempted. If these changes come to pass, just as well that I didn't bother.

Wow, really good question. I'd think they got the extra credit just because they are supposed to get all the D perks and that extra credit was one of them. But the way their account would appear in writing, maybe it won't happen.

Gina

On Royal's website my status is listed as Diamond.

My cruise credit count says 8.

I think they try to treat Celebrity Elites as Diamonds not just on board but also on land. We get the diamond brochures and and the diamond discounts. should you chose to interact with Celebrity, I hope they will treat you well too. Isn't that the point of the loyalty programs?

Another thought - after we heard what we heard from our 70 year old friend about HAL - I can't EVER imagine cruising them. He said no way, never again to HAL. He didn't understand why everyone goes to bed by 10pm. LOL I always heard it was 6PM. But there was MORE to his experience that I won't go into here.

Gina

Our very first cruise was with HAL and add us to that list of never again. We had multiple problems which were totally ignored--they really did not care at all and there was no resolution--they just ignored us. Very frustrating, especially for our first cruise and we'd heard such wonderful things about cruising. Since that time, we've been on 21 RCL cruises (with 4 more already booked) and have enjoyed them all. When some problems crop up, as they will sometimes, it was always handled well and we felt perfectly fine with the resolutions. So, HAL has lost a BUCKET of money by its poor service on our first cruise as we probably would have stayed with them.

Linda (and C. D.)

This is getting kind of silly, but fun to read.

SOA was our first. Sigh. Good times in 93. We did 21 nights on her altogether ourselves.

Yes, this wonderful rumor comes from the same person who states that RCI is doing everything they can to get rid of travel agents. :rolleyes:

Will believe it when it actually shows up. It is fun to read all of the rumor mill speculation though.

Yes, this wonderful rumor comes from the same person who states that RCI is doing everything they can to get rid of travel agents. :rolleyes:

Will believe it when it actually shows up. It is fun to read all of the rumor mill speculation though.

I'll see ya on 1/12/11, then :)

For the record, though, it is COMMON SENSE that RCI would prefer guests to book through them. Profit, baby, profit. They aren't getting rid of TA's but just take a look at recent policy changes.

Check your C&A account online, Diana... I looked yesterday and already have credit as do my parents.

Thanks for responding Ellen. It was great to meet you and Dana. We had a great time and are looking at booking another to get to Egypt in 2011.

I looked and they have the cruise listed with 0 cruse credits.

Diana Lack 05-Dec-2010 Brilliance Of The Seas 12 Night Egypt & Eastern Med Cruise 0

In the past I have seen it take a little while for the credit number to go up, so I am still hopeful I make Diamond with this past cruise.

On Royal's website my status is listed as Diamond.

My cruise credit count says 8.

I think they try to treat Celebrity Elites as Diamonds not just on board but also on land. We get the diamond brochures and and the diamond discounts. should you chose to interact with Celebrity, I hope they will treat you well too. Isn't that the point of the loyalty programs?

We did one Celebrity cruise. As Elite members were were treated well and really enjoyed Michael's lounge and those who worked there. I thought the 30 items offered for the laundry service was superior to the free bag on laundry on RCI, too. It did feel odd going into our first X cruise being Elite - especially when regular X cruisers would ask us how many times we've cruised with X. :o

Gina

Skimmed a few But read most of the posting here..:confused:

I don't know what I think now,, I guess I will let rcl sort it out..:D

I have 30 cruise credits and 169 actual cruise nights,, Like others have said I have some cruises from long ago that I only received one credit for.. One was 21 night in a JS and another 15 night same one credit.. So how do I calculate all this stuff... If they give double night credits for all my JS and above cabins. :confused:

Ah forget about it I'm getting back to my Egg-Nog..:p

Merry Christmas Everyone..

I sure hope RCI keeps good records. Some people at the D+ level started cruising decades ago. Will RCI know that their very first cruise credit was earned on an 11 night TA in 1967?

Argh! Just realized that what was to be my Platinum cruise will only put me at 29 nights :(

NO credits for free cruises....sorry. :rolleyes: But really, I can't believe they won't give you your credits.

I got a picture of Song of America in early December. She was docked right in front of us in Tenerife in early December. Her old name was still visible under the paint with Thomson Destiny painted over it. It was quite exciting because as soon as I saw that ship, I said, "Hey, that looks like the Viking Crown Lounge on top of that ship." And it was. Very cool.

Gina

Ellen, we saw that ship in one of our ports on the Mariner ATH cruise. Do you remember which port?

We did one Celebrity cruise. As Elite members were were treated well and really enjoyed Michael's lounge and those who worked there. I thought the 30 items offered for the laundry service was superior to the free bag on laundry on RCI, too. It did feel odd going into our first X cruise being Elite - especially when regular X cruisers would ask us how many times we've cruised with X. :o

Gina

I'm glad Celebrity treated you well. I did feel strange when waiter at the nightly diamond event asked us how many prior Royal cruises, and we answered three. the waiter was just making conversation, so it didn't really matter. Soon enough we will have enough time on Royal to be Diamond by both reciprocity and credits/nights.

Ok...if I get the "shaft" on my upcoming cruise that would have made me Diamond....

I am back to "cruising in the land yacht" exclusively.

My motorhome should be done at the body shop to be picked up in April, since we have missed her dearly, thanks to the 16 year brat that lost control on the interstate and smashed it up for us. She was only less than a year old!!! :eek:

Was originally going to mix it up with cruises in-between our motorhome trips, but if RCI does not care about my business...their loss. :rolleyes:

One more thing.......if cruiser F was as rich as cruiser P,he/she/it would had gladly gone on those really nice cruises.......:p

BTW-this thread made me count...........I have 225 nights at sea..:)

Who else counted cuz of this thread??:p

Actually, I started counting last year when we started discussing they MIGHT count total nights. It was an effort, because we had to go back 37 years and remember the number of nights on each cruise. Luckily, we only did 7 or 14 night cruises way back, and the 14 nighters were few. DH seems to have packratted a lot of pics, passenger rosters, and has all our seapass cards, and I started keeping records when we joined C&A, so we managed to get an accurate count.

We are D+ both in the old and new system: 33 cruise credits and 250 nights. I told DH if it took us 38 years to get 250, then we would be 138 / 139 years old when we get to Pinnacle! LMAO :D

I sure hope RCI keeps good records. Some people at the D+ level started cruising decades ago. Will RCI know that their very first cruise credit was earned on an 11 night TA in 1967?

Argh! Just realized that what was to be my Platinum cruise will only put me at 29 nights :(

Actually, they do take your word for it, because it's before they started keeping computer records. We gave them the ship and the month/year and offered to fax any documents we had (pics, rosters, cruise compass, etc.), but they said the ship/date was good enough. There are so few of us that started in the 1960's and 1970's (1973 for us) that if you are old enough to have cruised then, and you have the ship/date, they are fine with it.

I've had the conversation with C&A twice.

Archived