CAS Changes

thelion

I really only care about 2 benefits - the balcony discount and diamond lounge access. If as a diamond plus I get to keep them I don't care about the rest.

Does anybody find anything else useful in the D or D+ benefits?

So we are sailing in the spring, a two week TA cruise, I assume that means we will get 14 days, so 16 more days until we are the next level? I guess we will never make that one! Now that they are no longer sailing out of the west coast!

Oh well, Disney Cruise it is! :D

T

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but I BELIEVE the tiers are

Gold = up to 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights (roughly 25 7nt sailings)

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

I haven't heard anything about CL access.

My question is then, if you are upgraded to a JS or above but you paid for a lower cabin category............will you be rewarded with double points?

My question is then, if you are upgraded to a JS or above but you paid for a lower cabin category............will you be rewarded with double points?

Have a wonderful Cruise Patti and Jim!!!!:)

Good question! Especially for those that paid to get those points versus those that are given them...........

Really think about this. There are probably a whole lot of people with 60 or 70 cruise credits who also have a lot more days at sea than many people with 100 cruise credits. To think that those with far less days at sea would be invited to be pinnacle seems - well, just not very nice to those who have cruised on much longer sailings.

Grandfathering in to one's current level is one thing. But to give unearned promotions to a new level seems wrong to me. 750 days with double days for a suite should be earned by all, not just by those under 100 cruise credits.

Gina

hhhmmm...........I cannot imagine WHY I would be in a mathematical mood, but let's go with it.

Cruiser F has been on 100 cruises. WOW. ONE HUNDRED CRUISES.

Every single one of them was on the Sovereign, because Cruiser F lives in Ocala. :D

Now she, er, he, er, it, has 100 cruise credits.

But.................each of those 100 cruises was a 3 night weekend getaway. In a Category N interior.

Now Cruiser F has 300 nights at sea.

Cruiser P lives in Kansas, landlocked as all get-out.

Cruiser P only takes long cruises because once she, er, he, er, it, figures in airfare, it only makes sense to take long cruises.

Cruiser P takes transatlantics. Cruiser P went Around the Horn on the Mariner. Cruiser P has been to Hawaii and Alaska B2B on repositioning cruises. Cruiser P has actually only been on 12 cruises, in a JS each time.

Each TA was exactly 13 nights long. The Mariner cruise was 46 nights. The repo cruises were 15 + 7 nights.

There were 5 TA's, one Mariner, 2 H + A repos. All have been since 2004, with the new cruise credit rules in effect.

Cruiser P has 15 credits for the TA's, 9 credits for the Mariner, 10 credits for the repos.

Cruiser P has a total of 34 cruise credits.

Cruiser P has 130 nights for the TA's, 92 for the Mariner, and 44 for the H + A's.

Cruiser F has 100 under the new system.

Cruiser P has 266 under the new system.

INTERESTING comparison, wouldn't you say?????????

:p

And Gina's point is well taken - should they have Cruiser F become Pinnacle, but not Cruiser P?????????

:confused:

Just decided to print my cruise history on the RCCL website. Right now we have 23 cruise credits, achieved in 11 cruises. We have a couple of 12, 13 and 14 night cruises and we book suites most of the time. Well, after printing my cruise history I did the math and under the new system I will have 186 points which will make me a D+ while under the actual system I'm a D member. ;)

Just decided to print my cruise history on the RCCL website. Right now we have 23 cruise credits, achieved in 11 cruises. We have a couple of 12, 13 and 14 night cruises and we book suites most of the time. Well, after printing my cruise history I did the math and under the new system I will have 186 points which will make me a D+ while under the actual system I'm a D member. ;)

See?

Island Lady :(

drarill :)

Dont know, because we did a pier upgrade from a D1 to a GS on the Radiance and we only got 1 cruise credit for this cruise.

hhhmmm...........I cannot imagine WHY I would be in a mathematical mood, but let's go with it.

Every single one of them was on the Sovereign, because Cruiser F lives in Ocala. :D

But.................each of those 100 cruises was a 3 night weekend getaway. In a Category N interior.

Cruiser P only takes long cruises because once she, er, he, er, it, figures in airfare, it only makes sense to take long cruises.

Cruiser P takes transatlantics. Cruiser P went Around the Horn on the Mariner. Cruiser P has been to Hawaii and Alaska B2B on repositioning cruises. Cruiser P has actually only been on 12 cruises, in a JS each time.

Each TA was exactly 13 nights long. The Mariner cruise was 46 nights. The repo cruises were 15 + 7 nights.

There were 5 TA's, one Mariner, 2 H + A repos. All have been since 2004, with the new cruise credit rules in effect.

Cruiser P has 15 credits for the TA's, 9 credits for the Mariner, 10 credits for the repos.

Cruiser P has 130 nights for the TA's, 92 for the Mariner, and 44 for the H + A's.

And Gina's point is well taken - should they have Cruiser F become Pinnacle, but not Cruiser P?????????

I think there is at least one error in your analysis. You said cruiser F has 100 3 night cruises. So

under the OLD system he has 100 cruise credits

under the NEW system he has 300 nights/credits NOT 100

Net net is he's a D+ in either case.

See?

Island Lady :(

drarill :)

Well, under the new system (if calculated on those nights) I will be Emerald/Platinum plus (or whatever they want to call it) when I complete my 1/14 cruise.....

Though nothing is really known for sure. :rolleyes:

Will be interesting to see how it all comes together. Hope I can still qualify for the balcony discount I was looking for on future cruises....that was the perk I was working towards.

I think there is at least one error in your analysis. You said cruiser F has 100 3 night cruises. So

Me thinks MM has been hitting the egg nog. I saw that too but since I had too much egg nog, I let it go. :rolleyes::p;)

Yeah, told you that the mathematical thing was a fluke.

Thanks for the correction to my idiocy.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

JUST IGNORE MY POST ABOVE.

:eek: :D ;) :rolleyes: :p

I'll bet the Concierge Lounge will be only for Pinaccle and Suite guests, excluding the JS Catagory. The Diamond Lounge will be for Diamond and Diamond Plus. JMHO

That is my guess as well. Probably why they are adding Diamond lounges to some of the older ships.

I think I know both cruiser F and cruiser P, and they are both people I would like to cruise with sometime in the future.:D You have illustrated my point every time this discussion occurs. That it is an illogical system to begin with and there is zero chance of making it a logical and fair system for everyone in the future. Therefore, when people at CC talk about logic and fairness, I wonder if they have been smoking something.

:eek:

jc<---- back to playing ping pong on the PS3 Move while more entertainment flows from this thread.:p

Yeah, told you that the mathematical thing was a fluke.

Thanks for the correction to my idiocy.

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

JUST IGNORE MY POST ABOVE.

:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :p

no really, it's a good point even with cruiser F having 300 credits under the new system. The point is that cruiser F will have been handed Pinnacle level while cruiser P with 266 will have about a decade to go at their current rate which has been a lot of cruises. Maybe cruiser P can make it to 750 in "only" nine years. :rolleyes: :(

The new level should have to be earned fair and square while the current levels should be grandfathered in - especially considering the Diamonds in December promotion that got people booking for that new level.

Gina

Interesting... I did ours as well....

We currently have 61 credits (one of which was a Diamonds in December credit from our recent Brilliance cruise), achieved in 37 cruises, about 1/3 of those were in suites. We quite often do longer cruises (10 to 15 nights), only 5 of our 37 cruises are under 7 nights.

Provided the information in this thread for the new system is correct (and I have no reason to believe it's not... it coincides very well with information that I was given several months ago) we'll have 414 nights. Divide that by 7 and it works out to 59 credits, which is awfully dang close to our current credit count.

I'm a little disappointed not to see a level between D+ and Pinnacle.... that's a huge number of nights at sea between the two.

Keep in mind we have no idea about what the effective date of these changes will be, just the day that they will be announced, nor do we know the ground rules. As an example, it may not apply to cruises already booked, and/or paid for. Patience is a virtue.

francis

Interesting... I did ours as well....

We currently have 61 credits (one of which was a Diamonds in December credit from our recent Brilliance cruise), achieved in 37 cruises, about 1/3 of those were in suites. We quite often do longer cruises (10 to 15 nights), only 5 of our 37 cruises are under 7 nights.

Provided the information in this thread for the new system is correct (and I have no reason to believe it's not... it coincides very well with information that I was given several months ago) we'll have 414 nights. Divide that by 7 and it works out to 59 credits, which is awfully dang close to our current credit count.

I'm a little disappointed not to see a level between D+ and Pinnacle.... that's a huge number of nights at sea between the two.

And to have a span that large does nothing to encourage future loyalty. Why would anyone not stray in the 10 years (or more) it would probably take most people to reach the pinnacle level?

Many people think, why pay "that" cruise line so much money when we are that close to being the next level in the C&A society? Not that they should be booking RCI for that reason, but we know many people do. But with a huge span like that.... I think I'd be more inclined to jump ship, too. DH HAS been expressing interest in the P word. LOL

After my next Mexican Riviera cruise, I'll be only 6 cruises away from the next level on Carnival. :o No, I have nothing against them other than the dumb ship layouts and odd decor and high priced pictures and they really do cost more than RCI when I do comparisons.

Gina

It depends. Since they are going to a day based system, it will depend on how long your sailings have been.

Platinum is going to be 30 nights and (I think) Diamond is going to be 70 or 75 nights. So, if you take 7 night cruises, you will be Diamond. If you take 3 night cruises, you will stay Platinum or move to the new tier between Platinum and Diamond (50 nights, I believe).

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

Just curious how suites will figure in the equation. Currently they earn an extra cruise credit just by paying the premium price for the cabin. RCL seams to be adding more perks for the expensive cabins already.

One more thing.......if cruiser F was as rich as cruiser P,he/she/it would had gladly gone on those really nice cruises.......:p

BTW-this thread made me count...........I have 225 nights at sea..:)

Who else counted cuz of this thread??:p

My first cruise ever was on HAL Ryndam in Alaska. I was in a Veranda suite and I believe I counted double the days because of the stateroom I was in. With HAL I am a 1 star cruiser with 17 days before the next level.

I recently became a Platinum member with my 5 RC cruise. I believe I have 21 days sailed under the new system. Since I will be gradfathered into the new system it will take me longer to reach the next level because I do like to take the 4-day cruises on the Monarch and at least one 5+ cruise a year.

In my opinion I do like the new system because it is equal all the way around. We will see next month anyways what type of changes are coming.

Archived