CAS Changes

thelion

I am currently diamond and just checked my cruise history. Using Royal's New Math, I will have 100 nights at sea. That said, being grandfathered will I have to work up to the additional 75 nights needed to be diamond plus? Or will they start counting from the 75 minimum nights being needed to attain diamond? Thus me losing 25 nights at sea?

And to have a span that large does nothing to encourage future loyalty. Why would anyone not stray in the 10 years (or more) it would probably take most people to reach the pinnacle level?

Many people think, why pay "that" cruise line so much money when we are that close to being the next level in the C&A society? Not that they should be booking RCI for that reason, but we know many people do. But with a huge span like that.... I think I'd be more inclined to jump ship, too. DH HAS been expressing interest in the P word. LOL

After my next Mexican Riviera cruise, I'll be only 6 cruises away from the next level on Carnival. :o No, I have nothing against them other than the dumb ship layouts and odd decor and high priced pictures and they really do cost more than RCI when I do comparisons.

Gina

I never expected to go to any level over D+ anyway and since that Pinnacle level is unreachable for me anyway, I'm going to just have to live with it. :) Unless I hit the lottery, there is no way I can ever do an additional 600 nights at sea. . . but I'd like to try. ;)

Is there a way to find out if you we're in a Suite or not and on which cruise that was///Other than calling RCCL???

Thanks Shane

Check your cruise history. There are 7 night cruises on mine that I have 2 points for and they are the ones that we occupied a suite. There's also 12 nighters that have 3 points. I have to admit there is a 3 nighter with 2 points too.

And to have a span that large does nothing to encourage future loyalty. Why would anyone not stray in the 10 years (or more) it would probably take most people to reach the pinnacle level?

Gina

I never expected to go to any level over D+ anyway and since that Pinnacle level is unreachable for me anyway, I'm going to just have to live with it. :) Unless I hit the lottery, there is no way I can ever do an additional 600 nights at sea. . . but I'd like to try. ;)

Exactly. Pinnacle is a new level.

I think that with RC making it more difficult to get to D+, D+ will still be the level with the best amenities.......except for Pinnacle.

If you have 750 nights on a line, I think that you *do* deserve extra special treatment.

(but I sure wouldn't just GIVE it to people with 100 current cruise credits!)

I am currently diamond and just checked my cruise history (17 cruise credits). Using Royal's New Math, I will have 100 nights at sea. That said, being grandfathered will I have to work up to the additional 75 nights needed to be diamond plus? Or will they start counting from the 75 minimum nights being needed to attain diamond? Thus me losing 25 nights at sea?

You will need 175 nights at sea to attain D+. (according to thelion)

So if you currently have 100, you will need 75 more to get to D+.

Just curious how suites will figure in the equation. Currently they earn an extra cruise credit just by paying the premium price for the cabin. RCL seams to be adding more perks for the expensive cabins already.

If you pay for a JS or above then you deserve the double credits. If you get upgraded to a JS cabin or above but have not paid for it, you should not get double credits.

One more thing.......if cruiser F was as rich as cruiser P,he/she/it would had gladly gone on those really nice cruises.......:p

BTW-this thread made me count...........I have 225 nights at sea..:)

Who else counted cuz of this thread??:p

forgot to inc extra credit for suites I had........

total is now 287:D

If you pay for a JS or above then you deserve the double credits. If you get upgraded to a JS cabin or above but have not paid for it, you should not get double credits.

I agree - even though I've been the recipient of one of those free credits. ONE!

Gina

Exactly. Pinnacle is a new level.

I think that with RC making it more difficult to get to D+, D+ will still be the level with the best amenities.......except for Pinnacle.

If you have 750 nights on a line, I think that you *do* deserve extra special treatment.

(but I sure wouldn't just GIVE it to people with 100 current cruise credits!)

And I sure hope they don't. I'm not close either way - not by cruise credits or daily credits but I'd still find it very offensive if they give it to those who haven't earned it the way the rest of us are expected to.

One other way to look at it is this.

Your cruiser F with 100 current cruise credits - 300 daily cruise credits who gets pinnicle just because....

What about another cruiser - not cruiser P with 266 daily credits, but cruiser A with 95 cruise credits, all 7 day cruises in a D category, They will have 665 daily credits but being 5 short of current cruise credits they will have 85 more days at sea to go to reach pinnacle. I just don't think that is right. I would be insulted if I had that many days at sea and someone with less than half the days was "offered" pinnacle status.

RCI better think long and hard about this, if indeed that is what they are thinking. Actually it shouldn't take any hard thinking, they should ditch that idea.

Gina

same here.............in fact, we are going on Princess next year,for sure..:)

We have heard so many good things. Will you go out of FL or is that a dumb question? ;) That's what we are thinking of doing - why pay to fly until we know for sure what we think about the Princess experience. We are just curious.

Another thought - after we heard what we heard from our 70 year old friend about HAL - I can't EVER imagine cruising them. He said no way, never again to HAL. He didn't understand why everyone goes to bed by 10pm. LOL I always heard it was 6PM. But there was MORE to his experience that I won't go into here.

Gina

And I sure hope they don't. I'm not close either way - not by cruise credits or daily credits but I'd still find it very offensive if they give it to those who haven't earned it the way the rest of us are expected to.

One other way to look at it is this.

Your cruiser F with 100 current cruise credits - 300 daily cruise credits who gets pinnicle just because....

What about another cruiser - not cruiser P with 266 daily credits, but cruiser A with 95 cruise credits, all 7 day cruises in a D category, They will have 665 daily credits but being 5 short of current cruise credits they will have 85 more days at sea to go to reach pinnacle. I just don't think that is right. I would be insulted if I had that many days at sea and someone with less than half the days was "offered" pinnacle status.

RCI better think long and hard about this, if indeed that is what they are thinking. Actually it shouldn't take any hard thinking, they should ditch that idea.

Gina

Totally agree....

I thought the whole point of changing the system of calculating credits was to make it more equitable... that scenario seems totally contrary to that goal.

We have heard so many good things. Will you go out of FL or is that a dumb question? ;) That's what we are thinking of doing - why pay to fly until we know for sure what we think about the Princess experience. We are just curious.

Another thought - after we heard what we heard from our 70 year old friend about HAL - I can't EVER imagine cruising them. He said no way, never again to HAL. He didn't understand why everyone goes to bed by 10pm. LOL I always heard it was 6PM. But there was MORE to his experience that I won't go into here.

Gina

Not sure yet..but chances are it will be out of FL............why fly,if I dont have to?

This is also another point against offering pinnacle to those with 100 cruise credits. Many of them got that high based on free points they got by being upgraded from balconies to a JS. I know that for a fact since I know people who were over 50 cruise credits before most of us, so they were the constant recipients of upgrades on cruises of all lengths, 4 nights included. This is just another reason that the "free" credit shouldn't be given. They just get higher and higher, faster and faster, never having to pay for more than a balcony - or maybe some get a JS from an OV although I don't know about that.

Gina

This is also another point against offering pinnacle to those with 100 cruise credits. Many of them got that high based on free points they got by being upgraded from balconies to a JS. I know that for a fact since I know people who were over 50 cruise credits before most of us, so they were the constant recipients of upgrades on cruises of all lengths, 4 nights included. This is just another reason that the "free" credit shouldn't be given. They just get higher and higher, faster and faster, never having to pay for more than a balcony - or maybe some get a JS from an OV although I don't know about that.

Gina

I doubt,no matter ,what RCCL does, that everyone will be happy......there will always be something some don't agree with........

One more thing.......if cruiser F was as rich as cruiser P,he/she/it would had gladly gone on those really nice cruises.......:p

BTW-this thread made me count...........I have 225 nights at sea..:)

Who else counted cuz of this thread??:p

I counted.

I am Diamond based on my Celebrity Elite status. Hopefully I will get to keep that.

I currently have 8 cruise credits and 56 nights.

Either way I am a long way from Diamond Plus. If they do, indeed, discard the cruise credit system, I will be glad I didn't chase a few extra credits during the December Diamond promotion. Anyway, I'll just keep enjoying my cruises and see how it all works out.

I counted.

I am Diamond based on my Celebrity Elite status. Hopefully I will get to keep that.

I currently have 8 cruise credits and 56 nights.

Either way I am a long way from Diamond Plus. If they do, indeed, discard the cruise credit system, I will be glad I didn't chase a few extra credits during the December Diamond promotion. Anyway, I'll just keep enjoying my cruises and see how it all works out.

Question....if you're Diamond cuz of your X status,were you able to take advantage of the Diamond in Dec promotion???I never thought of that,but you mentioning it,got me thinking...I know you get D perks on board...

Archived