CAS Changes

thelion

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but I BELIEVE the tiers are

Gold = up to 29 nights

Platinum = 30 - 49 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Diamond = 75 - 174 nights

Diamond + = 175 nights (roughly 25 7nt sailings)

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

I haven't heard anything about CL access.

Hi, we are at 9 completed cruises and have the ability to jump on a quick cruise before January 12th to be grandfathered in the Diamond tier. Does the cruise need to end before January 12th to get the cruise credit or can it start on January 10th (Navigator of the Seas) and still count although we would be cruising during the rule change.

Also how many days does it typically take to have a credit appear to your account after the completed cruise?

Thanks for the info, should have done a quick 3 day in December when the fire sale was going on for $99.

Schwimm

The last couple of cruises, the credits showed up in my account in about a week.

It won't "ruin" my cruise...sheez... I am not that petty. :rolleyes:

I am just disappointed that my excitment of becoming Diamond after I had completed that cruise is now taken away. As they have changed the rules AFTER I had already booked and effective just 2 days before I board the ship, of course it bothers me. Wish they would wait until the end of the month, then I would have been grandfathered in.

Was looking for that additional balcony discount given to Diamonds for my planned Alaska cruise.

No matter what date they used, people will say that.

I am sorry that it is affecting you, but it will always affect the same number of passengers, roughly, whatever date is chosen.

THAT'S a good question.

If I had to guess, since they are trashing the point system entirely, those cruise credits will merely define where you are now, and as thelion said, you keep that level, but only move up if you qualify under the new system.

So, exempli gratia, if you have 22 cruise credits, whether you got them in December of 2010 or some other time, you are Diamond. If you took all of those cruises in balcony or below, on all 4 night cruises, but got double points for two of them in December, you were actually only on 20 cruises for which you got one credit on 18 and two each for cruise #21 and cruise #22, then you have 20 X 4 =80.

So you would still be Diamond, but you would need however more nights at sea that Diamond Plus becomes under the new system.

Previously, you might have needed 2 more "cruise credits", however you chose to get those, but now you need (say), 20 more nights at sea, if D+ is now 100.

Those numbers are, of course, pure speculation.

Gold = up to 29 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

I know it is a HUGE leap between Diamond and Diamond + and Diamond + and Pinnacle. I know they are also making some changes on balcony discounts, which levels get them and how much they are (again....)

So, she has completely trashed my last sentence, but the theory still holds. :D

Many thanks, thelion, for giving us all something to talk/argue/kvetch about over the holiday! ;)

Gold = up to 29 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

From this above, I would say that they better be REALLY enhancing the D+ tier because there is a 575 point difference between the D+ & Pinnacle

I can also venture to say that if the CL is taken away from D+ - we will have the April 2009 Diamond Disaster x 5

Gold = up to 29 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

So a point under the old system is approx worth 7 days with the new system????

To be invited to be Pinnacle if one has just 100 cruise credits seems overly generous considering Pinnacle is supposed to be 750 days. :eek:

And what will happen to the crystal blocks for every 10th cruise credit? What about the free cruise for the 100th cruise credit? Will that now be offered after 750 days? Will those who are invited to be pinnacle with 100 cruise credits be offered the free cruise again when they reach 750 days?

It sounds like a lot of people are going to get hit again.

I would suggest everyone print out a full copy of their current cruise credits so when C&A botches the conversion and shorts us our days, we will have an easy to see record of our cruises.

Gina

To be invited to be Pinnacle if one has just 100 cruise credits seems overly generous considering Pinnacle is supposed to be 750 days. :eek:

And what will happen to the crystal blocks for every 10th cruise credit? What about the free cruise for the 100th cruise credit? Will that now be offered after 750 days? Will those who are invited to be pinnacle with 100 cruise credits be offered the free cruise again when they reach 750 days?

I would suggest everyone print out a full copy of their current cruise credits so when C&A botches the conversion and shorts us our days, we will have an easy to see record of our cruises.

Gina

My thoughts exactly! What about this whole new policy regarding D+ upgrades?

Good idea about printing out sailing history

No matter what date they used, people will say that.

I am sorry that it is affecting you, but it will always affect the same number of passengers, roughly, whatever date is chosen.

Yup, just my bad timing as usual. Oh well, I will have fun anyway. Just pushes off that Diamond celebraton further on down the line....much further...sigh.

So, she has completely trashed my last sentence, but the theory still holds. :D

Many thanks, thelion, for giving us all something to talk/argue/kvetch about over the holiday! ;)

Agree Carol...and we will ALL survive whatever changes come about within C&A.

There are far more important things in life than attaining a new level in C&A, and I for one plan to enjoy each subsequent cruise I'm able to take on Royal to the utmost ;)

I disembark the Monarch on 1/10, just 2 days before the date you say it is changing.

I will be at nine points under the old system at that time.

I am boarding the Jewel 4 days later on the 14th for my 10 night, that would have given me one more point under the old system. Will I still make Diamond after that cruise? Or are they pushing the point level up out of reach to make Diamond after the 12th?

See if they will let you change your Jewel cruise to a B2B on the Monarch if it works with your schedule. A long shot but it who knows!

Schwimm

Gold = up to 29 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

OK...so I will be "Emerald" by the time I complete my 1/14 cruise. I like green!! :)

It is my favorite color!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D :D

I am just a lowly diamond, that said, I had two long cruises back before they instituted the current system, where I had a 16 day and a 12 day cruise and they only counted as a single point. So, now will they count as 28 combined?

I still don't know why we don't just wait patiently until the unveiling (if it occurs) rather than these constant surmize sessions. There are surely some more interesting things happening in the world?:D

jc

Now the wait for what each tier will give as far as a loyalty perk. Looks to me major changes and what many folks have been saying-you may be grandfathered into a tier that does not have the same perks. :confused:

From this above, I would say that they better be REALLY enhancing the D+ tier because there is a 575 point difference between the D+ & Pinnacle

I can also venture to say that if the CL is taken away from D+ - we will have the April 2009 Diamond Disaster x 5

Gold = up to 29 nights

Emerald = 50 -74 nights

Pinnacle = 750 nights +

WOW! Pinnacle is quite a leap, but I guess those who attain it have really cruised a lot!

I am sure that they want Pinnacle to have at most 50-100 people in it initially.

See if they will let you change your Jewel cruise to a B2B on the Monarch if it works with your schedule. A long shot but it who knows!

Schwimm

Thanks schwimmair, but the 1/14 cruise is THE cruise I am looking forward to. It will be a wonderful experience to travel to Central America and see the Panama Canal for the first time. It is also my first 10 night cruise. Would not give that up for anything, and others must also be excited about, since that cruise has been solidly booked for weeks now.

I had slid the Monarch cruise in just before, so that I would make Diamond after the Panama cruise was completed. The best laid plans of mice and men....sigh...and women too! ;)

But "Emerald" may be a nice thing to celebrate!! :D

Really think about this. There are probably a whole lot of people with 60 or 70 cruise credits who also have a lot more days at sea than many people with 100 cruise credits. To think that those with far less days at sea would be invited to be pinnacle seems - well, just not very nice to those who have cruised on much longer sailings.

Grandfathering in to one's current level is one thing. But to give unearned promotions to a new level seems wrong to me. 750 days with double days for a suite should be earned by all, not just by those under 100 cruise credits.

Gina

Gina

Ah, grasshopper.

So many questions, so few answers.

Patience, little one.

You give good advice for a grasshopper. :D

I am just a lowly diamond, that said, I had two long cruises back before they instituted the current system, where I had a 16 day and a 12 day cruise and they only counted as a single point. So, now will they count as 28 combined?

I still don't know why we don't just wait patiently until the unveiling (if it occurs) rather than these constant surmize sessions. There are surely some more interesting things happening in the world?:D

jc

Nope. My daughter got home safe and sound, her flight from Heathrow left as scheduled and arrived almost on time, so I have nothing more interesting right now.

:D

(and yes, those cruises will give you 28)

Archived