Naked neighbors on balcony next door...

mexico5

Nosey (and naked) neighbors,

A lesson here is that on some ships, it IS possible to see a reflection (in the plexiglass) into other neighbouring balconies. We have noticed this before, but you really have to LOOK to see it...

However, this is even more so at night, when it is dark outside, but light inside the cabin, and the curtains are not closed!!!

So beware!!! - Even if you are naked in your cabin, you may be noticed by a nosey neighbor peeking at the reflection in the plexiglass!!!

:D:D:D

Several years ago I was on my balcony watching some dolphins that were playing off the side of the ship. I was up against the rail, leaning over slightly to get a good look and a few pictures of them. As dolphins dropped back towards the stern of the ship, I turned that direction to continue watching/photographing them. I noticed that my neighbor, who was one of our tablemates for dinner, was on his balcony also watching them. I started to say hello and ask if he was enjoying the view when I realized that he wasn't wearing anything. He was around my father's age so I turned away quickly once I got over my initial shock. Dinner that night was interesting. My husband said that I would blush everytime I looked at our neighbor. The neighbor's wife thought is was funny and said she told him several times that he should put a robe on before going on the balcony.

A little tip. Place wet towel on the rail it will not reflect. Why wet? so it is heavy enough not to fly away.

By the way if you look down and see someone naked on their stomach, there is a prize for dropping something in the crack.

This could be the new version of the "Quarters" game!:eek:

I just wonder why people think it's ok to go around naked on a cruise. After all, you're not at home. Usually the people that wander around that way are not the ones with the perfect bodies.

Some of the comments on the naked couple were rather interesting and some even cute.

However, a Holland Ship is NOT a floating nudist camp--as far as I know. I think if people want to run around in the nude they should stay inside the state room.

My goodness; these people were not wandering or running around the ship in the nude, they were on their own balcony. And at best, I have always found it requires some effort on my part to see others on their balconies.

We mind our own business. If someone wants topless sunbathing or wants to be nude on THEIR verandah it is of no concern to us. We would not do it, but these differences are what makes the world go round. Nor are we nosey nellies who want to peer into other peoples verandahs. Is this really such a big deal?

My goodness; these people were not wandering or running around the ship in the nude, they were on their own balcony. And at best, I have always found it requires some effort on my part to see others on their balconies.

Since I will have my first balcony on a cruise that I am leaving for today I don't have a point of reference as to how easy it is to see someone in the nude. I am stating here that at no time will I be nude on my balcony. I don't go out on my balcony nude at home either. I just don't understand why anyone would do it. When I was on the Oosterdam this year I was walking around the promenade deck. For some reason I happened to look up. There was an old guy spread eagled on the bed. Pretty sure he didn't know he could be seen. Thank God the guy was partially dressed because what was visable was TMI.

When I was on the Oosterdam this year I was walking around the promenade deck. For some reason I happened to look up. There was an old guy spread eagled on the bed. Pretty sure he didn't know he could be seen. Thank God the guy was partially dressed because what was visable was TMI.

Trying to figure out where this guy's cabin was that you could see into it from the Promenade deck?

Since I will have my first balcony on a cruise that I am leaving for today I don't have a point of reference as to how easy it is to see someone in the nude. I am stating here that at no time will I be nude on my balcony. I don't go out on my balcony nude at home either. I just don't understand why anyone would do it. When I was on the Oosterdam this year I was walking around the promenade deck. For some reason I happened to look up. There was an old guy spread eagled on the bed. Pretty sure he didn't know he could be seen. Thank God the guy was partially dressed because what was visable was TMI.

I guess it would be safe to assume that you will have tan lines

Trying to figure out where this guy's cabin was that you could see into it from the Promenade deck?

Is it the promenade deck that you walk around on? I'm not as familiar with that class of ship as I am of the smaller ships. He was on the deck where the lifeboats were. This was not a balcony room. I think it was a "H" cat. room with the floor to ceiling windows.

Is it the promenade deck that you walk around on? I'm not as familiar with that class of ship as I am of the smaller ships. He was on the deck where the lifeboats were. This was not a balcony room. I think it was a "H" cat. room with the floor to ceiling windows.

On the Vistas the Promenade Deck is Deck 3 but it has no cabins, the life boats hang on Deck 4 and an H would mostly be obstructed by them. Not sure how you could look up a deck and see someone lying on their bed. (Not sayng it didn't happen, just trying to figure out how LOL)

On the Vistas the Promenade Deck is Deck 3 but it has no cabins, the life boats hang on Deck 4 and an H would mostly be obstructed by them. Not sure how you could look up a deck and see someone lying on their bed. (Not sayng it didn't happen, just trying to figure out how LOL)

I think you've answered your own question with what I've highlighted. I wouldn't bother relating the story if it wasn't true. People need to know that they can be seen. I will most likely end up in one of these rooms for my Apr.2011 cruise so I'm very aware of it.

My husband and I are very excited about our first cruise together 1/9/11 on celebrity Solstice. After much research I have come to realize that we are below the average cruising age. (we are in our mid-30's) We find nothing wrong with sun bathing au-natural especially on our own balcony. We take 2 vacations/year one with and one with out our younger children. When we vacation without our children the only thing we want to do is relax.

So.... if you will be on the celebrity solstice on 1/9 feel free too sun bath nude on your balcony, we have seen naked people before and please don't be offended if you see us naked in the privacy of our own balcony :)

So it's not okay for you to be in the nude on your balcony when your kids are around....but you don't care if someone else's kids see you?

"Privacy of our own balcony"...that's just it...it's NOT as private as you think!

It may be ok for you to be nude on your balcony if your children are around. Point is, it is up to YOU to decide this, not some other nosey nellie who wants to butt in and set the standard for you and for others.

In some parts of the world, it is very common to have family baths or saunas. Problem is in North America we don't get out much and tend to think that the rest of the world should hold to our standards of behavior. Fortunately, the world is not like that.

Nosey (and naked) neighbors,

A lesson here is that on some ships, it IS possible to see a reflection (in the plexiglass) into other neighbouring balconies. We have noticed this before, but you really have to LOOK to see it...

However, this is even more so at night, when it is dark outside, but light inside the cabin, and the curtains are not closed!!!

So beware!!! - Even if you are naked in your cabin, you may be noticed by a nosey neighbor peeking at the reflection in the plexiglass!!!

:D:D:D

MMMMM! Never thought of that. :eek:

What bed could you see on the promenade deck? There are no staterooms on this deck. Do you mean to say he was stretched out on a deck chair???:confused:

Archived