Naked neighbors on balcony next door...

mexico5

I do not believe HAL forces anyone to have open seating. If you prefer "fixed" seating, make sure you book your cruise with plenty of time, and you will be able to choose your dining time. I have done it many times without any problems.

You can believe what you want, but wait until it happens to you. It happened to us: we booked a cruise a year out, with early, upper dining CONFIRMED. After we boarded, we were told that due to a large group being onboard, there was no room in the upper level for us, and we were FORCED into open seating (or dining in the Lido). We did not enjoy the experience at all. When it comes to large group$, us peons don't matter to HAL.

Have a great cruise Lorekauf!!

Thank you. Made it to LA barely. The airport was a zoo in Calgary. I've never seen it that bad. Got to the gate as my flight was boarding and I was there 2 hours before. It's all good now. Taking advantage of the free internet at the hotel. Good luck with this thread.

Oh thanks for letting us know that's how it works:rolleyes:. Some of us still work. I generally book all my cruises a year ahead of time. I had to cancel and rebook 2 of my cruises for 2011 because a change in jobs and now I'm forced into open seating. I'm going to try it and see if it will be ok. Just because you can book really far ahead don't assume everyone can. You know what happens when you assume.

Also, I can't understand why so many people feel the need to make nasty remarks to the OP. She has a right to her opinion.

You can go on a waiting list for fixed dining. You can also check when you board about the possibility of changing at that time. I do know I have read of many report of people who were successful with both of these options. Good luck!!

You can go on a waiting list for fixed dining. You can also check when you board about the possibility of changing at that time. I do know I have read of many report of people who were successful with both of these options. Good luck!!

Actually for my April cruise they weren't taking anyone else on the waitlist. 2 years ago I wouldn't have booked a cruise that I couldn't get traditional on. I've warmed up to the idea since. I love to spend extra time outside when going through the canal so I think it will work for me. If it doesn't I may ask on board once I do my Sept. cruise. I will also be trying open in Feb.

Nothing new. We've observed people having marital relations on balconies.

Was I offended? Not at all.

How did you know they were married.:D Sorry..:o

Personally if I had to choose between a naked balcony neighbor or a smoking balcony neighbor. I'd pick the" birthday suiter" every time..I can always avert my eyes... but I can't stop breathing

How did you know they were married.:D Sorry..:o

Personally if I had to choose between a naked balcony neighbor or a smoking balcony neighbor. I'd pick the" birthday suiter" every time..I can always avert my eyes... but I can't stop breathing

Trying to turn this into smoking tread aren't you?

:confused: Why does anyone have to be naked on their verandah? That is not a totally private space nor their personal homes. There is no reason for them to expect complete privacy. Are they exhibitionists? Crude and/or rude?

I have to say that we have never seen such awful dressed people on formal night or the other nights as we did on HAL. After reading these boards my DH brought a nice suit to wear and I brought a couple of black dresses and it was for nothing...although we quite enjoyed it and we got some nice formal pics taken. Honestly, the guests on NCL were much better dressed on "formal optional" night than on HAL's "formal night". Not sure if it was just this cruise or where we sailed out of or what but we have never seen SO many jeans, runners and sweatshirts! It usually doesn't bother us but we were expecting more after reading these boards. Someone did point out however that these boards make up such a tiny part of the passengers.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who experienced this. We just completed an RCCL cruise aboard the Oasis and people on that cruise dressed far nicer than on any HAL cruise I have been on. After being on strictly HAL cruises and reading this board, I honestly thought that the Oasis was going to be much more casual. How wrong I was!! It really is sad that formal nights are not adhered to more strictly on HAL. Plus the old argument that luggage restrictions make it difficult to bring formal clothes certainly had no impact on the 6000+ Oasis passengers. As you stated, even on non-formal nights, there were beautiful cocktail dresses and suits worn by many people on the ship. We love to dress up and always adhere to the formal night dress code. I just wish HAL would make the effort to enforce the dress code. JMO

Did you actually read my post? Clearly you didn't or you wouldn't be asking this question.

I clearly read your post. You referred to the Oosterdam and Promenade deck. This is Deck 3 on the "O" and there are no cabins on this deck. You were probably thinking of another cruise on an "S" or "R" class ship.

I just got off the Noordam this morning. I was in cabin 8099 which bumps out. I could see on DOZENS of balconies, and dozens of balconies (and people in the ledo dining room) could see on my balcony if I was on the bumped out part. It was interesting to see people in the morning on their balconies oblivious to me. And I am not a creepy stalker gal either. I just saw lots of people up in the morning with crazy bedhead!

BTW, cabin 8099 on the Noordam is AMAZING! Very very large, some noise at night when they arrange the tables after the late night buffet. But yesterday morning I woke up in the middle of the night (I am a light sleeper) and I could smell bacon cooking above. AWESOME!

We always get balconies, and I don't really care what the adjoining people have on (or if they're naked). I don't look to see a neighbor UNLESS I am standing at the railing & they are also standing at the railing. I really don't understand being able to see them from the reflection. Don't recall seeing any reflections... But I will say that it's extremely rude to look AROUND the divider or through any crack in the divider!!!!

We always get balconies, and I don't really care what the adjoining people have on (or if they're naked). I don't look to see a neighbor UNLESS I am standing at the railing & they are also standing at the railing. I really don't understand being able to see them from the reflection. Don't recall seeing any reflections... But I will say that it's extremely rude to look AROUND the divider or through any crack in the divider!!!!

Of course I wasn't looking through any cracks...I was trying NOT to look at the cracks...if you get my meaning...

I'm glad that I am not the only one who experienced this. We just completed an RCCL cruise aboard the Oasis and people on that cruise dressed far nicer than on any HAL cruise I have been on. After being on strictly HAL cruises and reading this board, I honestly thought that the Oasis was going to be much more casual. How wrong I was!! It really is sad that formal nights are not adhered to more strictly on HAL. Plus the old argument that luggage restrictions make it difficult to bring formal clothes certainly had no impact on the 6000+ Oasis passengers. As you stated, even on non-formal nights, there were beautiful cocktail dresses and suits worn by many people on the ship. We love to dress up and always adhere to the formal night dress code. I just wish HAL would make the effort to enforce the dress code. JMO

How true...from the bathrobes throughout the ship (and no I didn't see any in the dining room) to the type of dress worn at the MDR I was quite surprised. I had no idea HAL had such a casual type atmosphere. Speaking of bathrobes...we had to go to the immigration thing at 6:45AM for non US citizens and there were a few hundred guests there taking a seat and an older couple walked in (the last ones) in their bathrobes. This didn't bother me at all but the crowd sure chuckled!

Archived