Naked neighbors on balcony next door...

mexico5

Wow - glad you all won't be on my next cruise LOL -- I don't want to see naked people from my balcony --- We did Eurodam and sat 2 often with no wait. Drinks were served many places all the time. Everyone dressed nicely for all nights of dinner -- Lots of dancing after dinner -- We had a great time -- To many people take offense on here for someone elses opinion. that is what these are -- opinions :D

.... inconvinience to others who had previously OPTED the as you wish OPTION.
Still, As You Wish Dining is NOT an option. Some opt for open seating, some opt for fixed seating, and others are forced into open seating by HAL (but that is another thread). The only way around As You Wish Dining is to eat all meals off the ship - but even then, one is dining as they wish...

deleted

Wow - glad you all won't be on my next cruise LOL -- I don't want to see naked people from my balcony --- We did Eurodam and sat 2 often with no wait. Drinks were served many places all the time. Everyone dressed nicely for all nights of dinner -- Lots of dancing after dinner -- We had a great time -- To many people take offense on here for someone elses opinion. that is what these are -- opinions :D

Of course, and you know what they say about opinions...

Reading these post I have to laugh at the kind of things people complain about. We all should be more than happy we can afford to spend time on a ship doing nothing but having fun, drink and eat great food. There are those who always see their glass half full, and those who always see it half empty. Me, I am just happy to have a glass!

We like to have an early afternoon martini (doesn't have to be happy hour) and we were hard pressed to find one open.

???... I've never been hard-pressed to find a bar open on any cruise ship. Maybe my 'alcodar' is just more fine tuned. ;)

Still, As You Wish Dining is NOT an option. Some opt for open seating, some opt for fixed seating, and others are forced into open seating by HAL (but that is another thread). The only way around As You Wish Dining is to eat all meals off the ship - but even then, one is dining as they wish...

I do not believe HAL forces anyone to have open seating. If you prefer "fixed" seating, make sure you book your cruise with plenty of time, and you will be able to choose your dining time. I have done it many times without any problems.

At least they weren't smoking!:eek:

Or, it would have been the end of the world!!!!!!!!

At least not yet...

...it sounds like they were way past "Golden Brown" or even "Crispy Skinned" and were well on their way towards "Overcooked"

;)

Speaking of nudity:

Man stands naked in living room window. Woman walks by. Sees man and calls police. Man arrested for exposing himself.

Woman stands naked in living room window. Man walking by looks at woman. He`s arrested for being a peeping tom. It just ain`t fair.:):)

Mary Ellen: Bravo! Well said and totally agree: it is as HAL wishes you to dine.

I do not believe HAL forces anyone to have open seating. If you prefer "fixed" seating, make sure you book your cruise with plenty of time, and you will be able to choose your dining time. I have done it many times without any problems.

Oh thanks for letting us know that's how it works:rolleyes:. Some of us still work. I generally book all my cruises a year ahead of time. I had to cancel and rebook 2 of my cruises for 2011 because a change in jobs and now I'm forced into open seating. I'm going to try it and see if it will be ok. Just because you can book really far ahead don't assume everyone can. You know what happens when you assume.

Also, I can't understand why so many people feel the need to make nasty remarks to the OP. She has a right to her opinion.

Of course, and you know what they say about opinions...

Reading these post I have to laugh at the kind of things people complain about. We all should be more than happy we can afford to spend time on a ship doing nothing but having fun, drink and eat great food. There are those who always see their glass half full, and those who always see it half empty. Me, I am just happy to have a glass!

I agree, i'm just sooo happy to be cruising at any time. Wish I was sitting on deck now wiyh a glass in my hand and hearing the water lapping against the side of the ship and looking at the stars. Oh well, July will be here soon. Helen.

My husband and I are very excited about our first cruise together 1/9/11 on celebrity Solstice. After much research I have come to realize that we are below the average cruising age. (we are in our mid-30's) We find nothing wrong with sun bathing au-natural especially on our own balcony. We take 2 vacations/year one with and one with out our younger children. When we vacation without our children the only thing we want to do is relax.

So.... if you will be on the celebrity solstice on 1/9 feel free too sun bath nude on your balcony, we have seen naked people before and please don't be offended if you see us naked in the privacy of our own balcony :)

OK, this is probably worse: Sitting on the balcony stark naked, eating a tuna melt whils one is smoking a cigarette and the other is smoking a cigar, coming back from dinner, where they wore shorts, t-shirts, and backwards hats. Just trying to add some humor.

OK, here comes my rant:

BTW, I've NEVER been able to "see around" my neighbors divider, unless I wanted to.

Also, who annointed the CC posters the "police" on cruise ship behavior. If you conduct yourself within the rules of the ship, who the hell cares what you wear, or don't wear on your balcony. If you don't want to see it, don't look.

I guess that is the NY mentality I have, but really, mind your own business.

If the Matri'd allows someone in the dinning room that is "questionably" attired, who the hell are we to say it's wrong. It's their vacation too. As long as they don't take away from your cruise enjoyment, who cares how the hell they are attired in the dinning room. Enjoy YOUR cruise and stop looking for things to whine about. The worst day on a cruise ship is better than the best day at work.

Please, will people just stop whining and looking for things to complain about. If I was a novice cruiser, these posts and topics would scare the hell out of me!

Thank you for indulging me.

Some of the comments on the naked couple were rather interesting and some even cute.

However, a Holland Ship is NOT a floating nudist camp--as far as I know. I think if people want to run around in the nude they should stay inside the state room.

Peter, one of the posters said the reflection off the PlexiGlas, another that they looked down into the verandah below them.:eek:

Joanie

My comment was directed at the OP who was talking about the neighbors (which generally means 'next door'). I don't ever recall seeing a reflection of another balcony from my own balcony whether next door or below me.

Now looking down at other balconies while standing at your own railing does allow you to see something.

Archived