Naked neighbors on balcony next door...

mexico5

How did the naked people know there were no kids around? I would have no problem with naked neighbors as long as I was not traveling with my kids. If you want to go almost nude the guy could wear a thong or his jockstrap. Women have many choices for skimpy swimwear.

Personaly if I had to choose between a naked balcony neighbor or a smoking balcony neighbor. I'd pick the" birthday suiter" every time..I can always avert my eyes... but I can't stop breathing

Well said! And I don't think that this was a foolish post!;)

In regard to the buff passengers....

Back in 2008 I was aboard Costa Allegra in the Far East. Now don't get me wrong, if you got it then flaunt it...but sometimes you do have to ask yourselves if a person has actually looked at themselves in a mirror before stepping out in public.

On Allegra there was a lady who was in her late 70's or early 80's. Very skinny, I kind of thought that maybe she had lost alot of weight recently since the skin was quite saggy. Anyway this lady was wandering around the frying pan (aka the pool deck) in a lime green thong & string bikini top. There was literally NOTHING left to the imagination, the bikini was hanging off her, must have been a good two sizes too big.

For 14 days this lady wandered about the ship in this outfit during the day time & in the evening she wore what could only be described as granny frumpy.....from one extreme to the other.

Now don't get me wrong...living life to the full regardless of age is a wonderful thing, bit sometimes...maybe...a little common sense could be exercised perhaps.

It was like the mankini thing....fine if you have the body but if you don't...well you know what I mean :o

This lady was quite brave to wear the bikini....however when walking behind her, it wasn't a pleasant experience...and even less so when she bent over to get her book or paper off the lounger :eek:

I am easy going but sorry, that was a step too far imho.

Reading the continuing responses on this thread, I'm surprised at how much consternation this has caused. Out of curiosity, is there any HAL rule about either topless sunbathing (anywhere on ship) and/or nudity on one's balcony?

Many other cultures do not have the same hangups about nudity that many Americans (yes I am one) seem to have. Europeans routinely swim or sun in the smallest of garments (and often go without even those); not just in the Med but even in Scandinavian countries. In Japan, nude bathing in onsen and hot springs is the norm, whatever one's age. I don't think anyone has documented yet any psychological harm that has come to children in any of these cultures from seeing others "au naturel".....?

It also strikes me as a bit humorous that people will post on these boards that others are "shallow" for judging people by their dress (on formal threads, for example), yet will criticize and make fun of others' choice of swimwear!

I just wonder why people think it's ok to go around naked on a cruise. After all, you're not at home. Usually the people that wander around that way are not the ones with the perfect bodies.

This one I disagree with.

When I'm on a ship I am home.

This is where I liove for a number of days.

Have the beloved bride and I ever been naked on a balcony? You bet and lots more.

That's why we never book the stern balcony cabins. Go to the Lido pool and look down.

Happy New Year all.

Gramps

The problem I have with nude sunbathing in public is that some people really should never, ever take their clothes of in public. I mean there should be a law that some people should not be allowed to go naked in public.

I mean every time I visit Orient Beach I have to see whether they have passed such a law.

I clearly read your post. You referred to the Oosterdam and Promenade deck. This is Deck 3 on the "O" and there are no cabins on this deck. You were probably thinking of another cruise on an "S" or "R" class ship.

I said i looked up......that usually means a deck up..ie 4. Yes there are cabins on 4. Maybe you are thinking of a R or S class ship. I do not drink so much that i forget what ship that I am on.

Reading the continuing responses on this thread, I'm surprised at how much consternation this has caused. Out of curiosity, is there any HAL rule about either topless sunbathing (anywhere on ship) and/or nudity on one's balcony?

Many other cultures do not have the same hangups about nudity that many Americans (yes I am one) seem to have. Europeans routinely swim or sun in the smallest of garments (and often go without even those); not just in the Med but even in Scandinavian countries. In Japan, nude bathing in onsen and hot springs is the norm, whatever one's age. I don't think anyone has documented yet any psychological harm that has come to children in any of these cultures from seeing others "au naturel".....?

It also strikes me as a bit humorous that people will post on these boards that others are "shallow" for judging people by their dress (on formal threads, for example), yet will criticize and make fun of others' choice of swimwear!

It's not about what HAL allows, it's what the CC police want to whine and complain about on any certain day. Thery allow smoking, but there are thousands of threads on CC that pertain to CC members whining about smoking.:eek:

They allow "carry-on's" for soda/water/wine, but there are hundreds of threads of CC members whining about that.:eek:

This just happens to be the "whine" dujour. Let's complain about this today, tomorrow it will be another "allowed" activity that the CC members will complain about.:eek:

We mind our own business. If someone wants topless sunbathing or wants to be nude on THEIR verandah it is of no concern to us. We would not do it, but these differences are what makes the world go round. Nor are we nosey nellies who want to peer into other peoples verandahs. Is this really such a big deal?

Well, nobody has anything that any of us haven't seen before. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less, but what the hay??? That's why we book cabins with PRIVATE balconies.

You know what they say to do if you're going naked and don't want anyone to know it's you...put a bag on over your head!

I say...have fun and enjoy..as long as it's legal.;)

Well, nobody has anything that any of us haven't seen before. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less, but what the hay??? That's why we book cabins with PRIVATE balconies.

You know what they say to do if you're going naked and don't want anyone to know it's you...put a bag on over your head!

I say...have fun and enjoy..as long as it's legal.;)

Too Funny!!! Love this post!!

1386385135_TheUnknownComic1.jpg.5caef0c9560d07f628ac140b3b30d728.jpg

• 2 years later...
Well said! And I don't think that this was a foolish post!;)

I totally agree. Smoking and second hand smoke can kill a person. Looking at someone naked won't, and those who see naked people can choose not to look. We can't choose not to breathe!

Thanks! I've been reading these boards long enough to know that if I say that I don't love HAL that I will be flamed! There really is a cruiseline for everyone and we are glad we tried HAL.

KrazyKruisers did not flame you, just mentioned that too bad you didn't specifically mention what about HAL you didn't like. I would have liked to have known that as well in your original post, rather than having to read more of the thread to find it, and if you can see my signature you can see that I cruise many cruise lines, not just HAL.

I don't know why you had to make reservations on HAL for a table for two during open, anytime dining. Just ask for a table for two when you show up at the dining room. A short wait, rarely more than 5-10 minutes, and you have your table.

mexico5; FLAMED? you betcha. it is coming. hold on.

Since Mexico5 wrote the original post some 2 1/2 years ago I don't think they're probably too concerned about backlash now. This is one of those marvelous "Lazarus" threads that has risen from the archives. Hopefully it'll not take on a new life of its own.

mexico5; FLAMED? you betcha. it is coming. hold on.

this thread has been resurrected huge time. Flaming? you certainly like to give digs as much as you can - remember the old mantra - if you can't say anything nice.................................:D

this thread has been resurrected huge time. Flaming? you certainly like to give digs as much as you can - remember the old mantra - if you can't say anything nice.................................:D

Where is that like button?

Just wondering why someone just joined and then brought up this thread out of the blue. Seems a bit fishy.

well, my mantra is 'if you can't say anything nice, don't lie and pretend all is well.' this is supposed to be a site to express opinions, not a cheerleading rehearsal. why am i offending anyone if i simply disagree?

well, my mantra is 'if you can't say anything nice, don't lie and pretend all is well.' this is supposed to be a site to express opinions, not a cheerleading rehearsal. why am i offending anyone if i simply disagree?

Because you can't disagree without calling people names and hurting feelings. Others disagree very respectfully and voice their opinions without resorting to character assassination. Try a little kindness and you will get some in return.

Archived