Naked neighbors on balcony next door...

mexico5

Because you can't disagree without calling people names and hurting feelings. Others disagree very respectfully and voice their opinions without resorting to character assassination. Try a little kindness and you will get some in return.

thank you - you said it better than I could ThUp.gif.9991a75db6b3ded3c1ed14eba5746e7c.gif

Where is that like button?

Just wondering why someone just joined and then brought up this thread out of the blue. Seems a bit fishy.

They have 2 posts, both today, and both bumping 2+ year old threads about nudity on balconies.

Troll, indeed.

I guess you had a one off experience as far as formal nights go.We have sailed HAL ten times.on 7 days & 28 days and have found in general men dress in tuxedos or suit and tie for formal nights and only occasionaly see open neck shirt and no jacket.Our experience totally different than yours.

On the other hand, 2 NCL cruises and on "dress up or not night" we saw lots of jeans & t shirts and even shorts.On one evening in a specialty restaurant on dress up night a man wore cargo shorts,a black Harley t Shirt,flip flops and a leather cowboy hat that he did not .remove.Have also seen women wearing sleeveless tank tops ,showing a bare midsection and faded jeans on dress up or not night.Only on NCL have we seen men wear ball caps in the dining room.

No complaints because "Freestyle" means wear whatever you want except bathing suits and bathrobes.That said there are people who do dress up and you see more jackets & ties than qne might expect.

Three cruises on Princess and have found formal nights generelly the same as on HAL except for fewer tuxedos and long gowns.

We prefer traditional style dining and have experienced "open seating" only on NCL and once on Princess.Our experience was that we had to wait for some lengthy times (up to 30 min.).

This was probably our fault for choosing the most popular time frame 7 to 7:30.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

The only time we look around the barrier at someone else's verandah is when our friends are next door-and even then not very often.

We find it easier to mind our own business and get on with enjoying our cruise.

I was thinking exactly the same thing!

The only time we look around the barrier at someone else's verandah is when our friends are next door-and even then not very often.

We find it easier to mind our own business and get on with enjoying our cruise.

With the plexiglass balcony enclosures, you don't have to be looking around the barrier to see into your neighbour's space. You can be sitting down minding your own business and see your neighbours in the reflection. Sometimes you just can't help what you see.

Because you can't disagree without calling people names and hurting feelings. Others disagree very respectfully and voice their opinions without resorting to character assassination. Try a little kindness and you will get some in return.

There's got to be some Internet equivalent of Mom's words of wisdom: Save your breath to cool your porridge. ;)

But otherwise, here's to you, Sapper1.

With the plexiglass balcony enclosures, you don't have to be looking around the barrier to see into your neighbour's space. You can be sitting down minding your own business and see your neighbours in the reflection. Sometimes you just can't help what you see.

It's true. I like to go out on the balcony at night with some wine. Sometimes I like to go out there in my housecoat which is sorta open. I remember smokie smokerson being out there with not a lot of clothes on. The smoke was bad enough but the clothing finished it off for me. I did see this in the reflection. People say I make up fantom smokers so they probably will say I'm making this up too. I didn't want them to see me either.

You said that very well and without having to call people hurtful names.

See dr dawg, that's how you do it.

On our Mexican Riviera cruise on the Oosterdam, we were on a port side balcony. We got the morning sun and lots of reflection. One morning I was sitting reading my book and every time I looked up at the scenery, I was staring eye level at the crotch of the naked man next door. He was sitting in his chair, legs spread out. I was pretty shocked- and there was no missing it. It filled the view, so it was difficult to look through that reflection. Tried not to look... but it wasn't going to scare me away from my hard-earned balcony chair.

But it is that kinda creepy thing where you just gotta look - you know like a car accident.:p

Why are all the naked neighbor and nude cruise threads resurrected? People must be bored on holidays.

That's a significant flaw in the design of these boards. The index page gives the date of the last post, but doesn't give the date of the original post. It would be easy to append the date of the original post to the title in the index, such as:

Why I Love HAL (7/4/13)

HALfan

Then it would be easy to avoid old musty resurrected threads:)

I have been on a fair number of cruises and have yet to find one where I could see into my neighbors' balcony without leaning over the rail and intentionally turning my head to look. Now there have been a lot of cruises where I could see the people on their balconies below me, but never next to me without making a serious effort. I am not saying it can't happen, but in over 30 cruises it has never happened to me.

Personally, I am quite modest and would never dream of going out on my deck in the buff, but if my neighbors wish to do so, it is no skin off my teeth. I have no need to lean over my rail and peek. DH on the other hand loves to run around naked and would probably have no compunction about peeking if the nude sun worshipper was a gorgeous woman. :p

I have been on a fair number of cruises and have yet to find one where I could see into my neighbors' balcony without leaning over the rail and intentionally turning my head to look. Now there have been a lot of cruises where I could see the people on their balconies below me, but never next to me without making a serious effort. I am not saying it can't happen, but in over 30 cruises it has never happened to me.

Personally, I am quite modest and would never dream of going out on my deck in the buff, but if my neighbors wish to do so, it is no skin off my teeth. I have no need to lean over my rail and peek. DH on the other hand loves to run around naked and would probably have no compunction about peeking if the nude sun worshipper was a gorgeous woman. :p

It's not about looking around. As many people have mentioned you can see the reflection in the plexiglass. It takes no effort. I just wish that people would understand that being naked on a balcony is not the same as being naked in your home with the drapes closed.

Funny...we never saw their faces after the initial shock wore off...each night at dinner we looked around to see if we saw a really tanned older couple but never saw one!

I have to say that we have never seen such awful dressed people on formal night or the other nights as we did on HAL. After reading these boards my DH brought a nice suit to wear and I brought a couple of black dresses and it was for nothing...although we quite enjoyed it and we got some nice formal pics taken. Honestly, the guests on NCL were much better dressed on "formal optional" night than on HAL's "formal night". Not sure if it was just this cruise or where we sailed out of or what but we have never seen SO many jeans, runners and sweatshirts! It usually doesn't bother us but we were expecting more after reading these boards. Someone did point out however that these boards make up such a tiny part of the passengers.

Our experience was just the opposite... just returned from NCL Jade, 11 night Mediterranean cruise... since it was in Europe we expected passengers would dress better, we were wrong... never saw more flip flops, tshirts, jeans in the evening on any cruise before... oh well NCL is known for dress as you wish. We generally cruise Princess, HAL, Celebrity and Cunard. We would go back on NCL for the right itinerary but would know what to expect the next time. We also skipped the MDR for 10 Nights on NCL... food and service not that good. We found the a late lunch in the buffet worked for us, we don't cruise for food anyway.

Archived