Norvo Virus on QM2

shorebilly

I have observed bad hygiene in public restrooms, in King's Chaos, in the Canyon Ranch Spa, just about everywhere. I will be bringing a copious supply of personal hand sanitizer for my next cruise on January 3rd.

Don't forget Clorox wipes for your stateroom, a flashlight, and a couple of cases of bottled water. :) Your port stop at St. Thomas should provide a good opportunity to stock up on snake bite medicine (if you catch my drift) :D

Wishing you a wonderful voyage,

Salacia

Don't forget Clorox wipes for your stateroom, a flashlight, and a couple of cases of bottled water. :) Your port stop at St. Thomas should provide a good opportunity to stock up on snake bite medicine (if you catch my drift) :D

Wishing you a wonderful voyage,

Salacia

Yes, I did catch your drift --- LOL!

Great suggestion on the Clorox wipes.

I am wondering if embarkation will be delayed.

Thanks for your suggestion & good wishes.

Watch out, Ma'am, for them rattlers! :D

B:)BBY

Yes, I did catch your drift --- LOL!

Great suggestion on the Clorox wipes.

I am wondering if embarkation will be delayed.

Thanks for your suggestion & good wishes.

Watch out, Ma'am, for them rattlers! :D

B:)BBY

LOL, yup, gotta stock up on those snake bite meds, just in case (or buy the case!:D)

I also wonder if embarkation will be delayed. I noticed this on the CDC website: "One CDC Vessel Sanitation Program public health inspector will board the ship prior to the arrival in New York to evaluate the outbreak and response activities onboard." I guess that evaluatuion and the number of passengers & crew that reported symptoms will determine what happens before embarkation takes place. Speaking of the number reported ill, the CDC website hasn't updated the numbers since 28 Dec. Hopefully the situation is improving for those on board.

Cheers,

Salacia

My parents are onboard and are having a wonderful time. They are getting daily updates about the Noro situation. Apparently the virus came aboard on the prior cruise. Lets keep this all in perpective, good hygiene is key and enjoy your trip. You are more exposed on a plane, just think about that when you fly to meet the ship....

My parents are onboard and are having a wonderful time. They are getting daily updates about the Noro situation. Apparently the virus came aboard on the prior cruise. Lets keep this all in perpective, good hygiene is key and enjoy your trip. You are more exposed on a plane, just think about that when you fly to meet the ship....

Im pleased your Parents are fine and having a good time, we had the same back in october, every day we were told how it was gong, washing is best, the crew did there part and it worked very well, it was all over with quite fast, you right about planes though.

From a thread on the HAL forum:

At Sea 75F Force 6

Speaking of which, MAASDAM will be the only ship in America's Paradise (St Thomas) tomorrow. The QM2 canceled its call. Noro perhaps? If so, Mariner is very happy he didn't book that cruise as he had planned.

Champagne is ordered for New Year's Eve.

Roy

Quote:

Originally Posted by
mariner
viewpost.gif

At Sea 75F Force 6

Speaking of which, MAASDAM will be the only ship in America's Paradise (St Thomas) tomorrow. The QM2 canceled its call. Noro perhaps? If so, Mariner is very happy he didn't book that cruise as he had planned.

Champagne is ordered for New Year's Eve.

Roy

The QM2 is scheduled to be in Tortola, B.V.I. tomorrow. She was originally scheduled to be in St. Thomas tomorrow, but the itinerary was revised because she is unable to call at Grand Turk. The QM2 actually called at St. Thomas on December 22 under the revised itinerary.

Roy

-------------------------------

That is misinformation, or at least incomplete. :( I am writing from on board QM2. :) Our itinerary was re-ordered prior to sailing due to dropping of Grand Turk and addition of Dominica. In order to make that work, St. Thomas became our first stop (on December 22). We are in St. Kitts today (mostly rain, intermittent sun). Tomorrow is our final Caribbean port, Tortola. We have not missed any ports due to Norovirus, and the ship has done an excellent job (IMHO) in trying to contain the bug, and minimize the effects for the passengers. :)

That is misinformation, or at least incomplete. :( I am writing from on board QM2. :) Our itinerary was re-ordered prior to sailing due to dropping of Grand Turk and addition of Dominica. In order to make that work, St. Thomas became our first stop (on December 22). We are in St. Kitts today (mostly rain, intermittent sun). Tomorrow is our final Caribbean port, Tortola. We have not missed any ports due to Norovirus, and the ship has done an excellent job (IMHO) in trying to contain the bug, and minimize the effects for the passengers. :)

The QM2 is scheduled to be in Tortola, B.V.I. tomorrow. She was originally scheduled to be in St. Thomas tomorrow, but the itinerary was revised because she is unable to call at Grand Turk. The QM2 actually called at St. Thomas on December 22 under the revised itinerary.

Thank you for nipping this one in the bud. More ill informed supposition which could discredit Cunard / QM2. Like I said elsewhere, not everything is perfect but really this constant slamming, when clearly incorrect, is quite ridiculous.

I am not on a cruise ship and I report that the noro-virus is running through the 25 members of my family that were together Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Some have gotten it and others have been spared. Who knows why?

Corrected information placed on HAL forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1326724&page=2

Appreciated and thank you, I am getting way too worked up on here today I'll need to calm down. I don't see things through rose tinted spectacles but on the other hand I hate to see injustice or supposition turning to fact, which seems to happen on here from time to time.

Appreciated and thank you, I am getting way too worked up on here today I'll need to calm down. I don't see things through rose tinted spectacles but on the other hand I hate to see injustice or supposition turning to fact, which seems to happen on here from time to time.

Hi Rafinmd. It was good of you to catch that on the HAL forum, ask about it here and then get the correct information posted. Thanks. Cheers, - Salacia

No problem, that's one of the advantages of sailing multiple lines and following multiple forms.

Roy

Tortola and Virgin gorda is my favourite place, I hope they have the most wonderful time there

Happy new year, hope we get to sail again soon

I'm on this voyage as well. Can I just say that there have been a lot more people affected than seems to be reported. Just today I know of 3 people still being quaranineed. It is a mess the QM2 is not the ship she was in the summer. She has no staff, I was served 3 dirrty cups in kings court with lipstick marks. I spoke to the head waiter and he asked me for advice on what to do???? I have been on the QM2 13 times and I will never sail on this ship again. Anyone thinking of booking don't go on this ship go on the Victoria or Elizabeth. The ship was already short staffed with 60 per cent new staff then noro outbreak and a captain that seems to spend his time entertaining the ladies.

Can I also say that Im a great lover of Cunard. The crew are doing everything they can but with no middle management to direct them they are simply lost and confused. I blame Cunard management for not ensuring there were enough experianced crew onboard to handel such an outbreak. Also my observation on the captain was based on the Cunard senior officers party in which he spoke to no one the entertainment manager made no comments and the captain chatted to a table of ladies all night and ignored everyone else. the lights were turned on and everyone got the message they were not welcome and left.

Archived