Just Completed Carnival Survey

zqvol

We returned from the Legend on December 19th. Got my on board survey by e-mail today. Very interesting that it is designed to give high marks, and not any real feedback.

Anyway it was completed and submitted. Exciting way to spend New Years Eve.

We returned from the Legend on December 19th. Got my on board survey by e-mail today. Very interesting that it is designed to give high marks, and not any real feedback.

That's disappointing....NOT surprising, but definately disappointing :(.

I was on the same sailing as you.Also recieved the survey today

Oliveoyle

When you think your sh.. don"t stink, why would you want negative comments.

To those who have asked. the wording of the questions is designed to elicit positive responses. The bulk of the survey is a bunch of "bubbles" to fill in much like the old one on paper. Very little opportunity to comment. You are asked if there is anything positive to say about anyone, but never asked if there is anything negative to say about anyone or anything.

Very clearly they do not want the negative only the positive.

I posted a brief "review" when we returned. The main points were that Carnival while still a good value has gone down hill with three main points. Food quality is really suffering as are portion sizes and variety even in the steak house. The entertainment is none existent and the CD staff was rude. Third time on Legend and both times before we had Jen Baxter as the CD, I thought she was bad until I was with "Wee Jimmy". Lastly Carnival, by creating all of their specialized ports such as Mahogany Bay has turned a cruise into a trip to the mouse in central Florida.

I will still cruise Carnival when the price and itinerary are right but I will certainly continue to spread my vacation dollar across the industry and Carnival will not be my first choice. ( I think we will be back on Carnival this summer because no one else has any decent Easter itineraries out of Florida at decent prices in July.)

Hmmmm........ Maybe they are sending different ones to different people? I got mine e=mailed to me, and it looked almost like the old fill it in on the ship survey. At the end they indeed have a space for me to give a shout out to anyone who made our cruise a little bit brighter & they asked for department they worked in, name, and any comments good or bad. Then it was (hopefully) submitted into the free cruise drawing.:)

I didn't receive a survey after my November Victory cruise. I wonder how they decide who to send them to. I'm disappointed that they aren't more open-ended as to comments. I posted a review here but didn't bother sending it to Carnival directly since I didn't have any specific issues I wanted them to address. Maybe I'll get one after my upcoming Destiny cruise.

I will still cruise Carnival when the price and itinerary are right but I will certainly continue to spread my vacation dollar across the industry and Carnival will not be my first choice. ( I think we will be back on Carnival this summer because no one else has any decent Easter itineraries out of Florida at decent prices in July.)

This is what we have choosen to do. We love Carnival but pricing is an issue for us. We are trying other lines because of price and for the experience. Our next 2 cruises are not with Carnival but we will return if the price is right.

...( I think we will be back on Carnival this summer because no one else has any decent Easter itineraries out of Florida at decent prices in July.)

I was looking for a Celebrity or NCL 7 night NCL sailing this summer out of Florida. It would seem that they "fly the coop" in the summer - perhaps unable or unwilling to compete with the Goliaths.

Tom

I didn't receive a survey after my November Victory cruise. I wonder how they decide who to send them to. I'm disappointed that they aren't more open-ended as to comments. ...

That would take time (on their part) to extract and analyze the information. And time, particularly if you are counting pennies like Carnival, COSTS $'s !!

Tom

We cruised mid-September and early December. In both cases, we got our survey about 3 weeks later. The questions are worded in a postive way and you rank them from "strongly disagree" to "strongly agree." A typical question might be "Carnival Cruise Lines provides excellent value for the money." So it is easy to see why people think they want only positive feedback. But I think many industry surveys are written this way. You would be surprised how many misread the questions and mark "strongly disagree" when they mean the opposite.

There aren't many open-ended questions or opportunities to provide specific details of your cruising experience. I suspect that is because the survey is computer-scored and the results turned into hard data that "the suits" can examine. It is difficult to compile random comments, which may be vague.

At any rate, without the promise of an entry for a free cruise, I wonder how many people would even bother answering the survey. I know that was my motivation. I sure hope I win! :D That sure would make MY new year happy!

Funny thing is that they must want each and every one returned to them ASAP. Our form sat in my in-box for about a week post cruise and Carnival sent me 3 e-mail reminders to please fill it out soon with the lure of the free cruise drawing thrown in. So this leads me to believe that they probably account for everyone of them sent.

To those who have asked. the wording of the questions is designed to elicit positive responses. The bulk of the survey is a bunch of "bubbles" to fill in much like the old one on paper. Very little opportunity to comment. You are asked if there is anything positive to say about anyone, but never asked if there is anything negative to say about anyone or anything.

Very clearly they do not want the negative only the positive.

I posted a brief "review" when we returned. The main points were that Carnival while still a good value has gone down hill with three main points. Food quality is really suffering as are portion sizes and variety even in the steak house. The entertainment is none existent and the CD staff was rude. Third time on Legend and both times before we had Jen Baxter as the CD, I thought she was bad until I was with "Wee Jimmy". Lastly Carnival, by creating all of their specialized ports such as Mahogany Bay has turned a cruise into a trip to the mouse in central Florida.

I had to wonder after our last cruise if they were only going for the newbies who would be "wowed" by the experience as-is. Out of three cabins, the only one who got the survey was the solo cabin first time cruiser. :confused:

I also hate to see the continuing entertainment comments. I was reading another thread yesterday that said basically the same thing about the Miracle entertainment. My Fascination cruise in November was the worst I've ever seen entertainment wise - it was a mess and the cuts have gotten to where the entertainment was downright pitiful. Add that to not much scheduled during the day and staff not showing up for what little was scheduled and I was almost bored for the first time ever on a cruise. It was probably one of our best cruises as far as service and food went, but the entertainment was mostly missing and poor quality for what was there. Will see what happens on the Valor next week. For the first time in quite a while, when we return from that cruise we won't have another one booked. :( Not sure I can convince my husband to try other lines. He really likes the laid back sort of wacky Carnival atmosphere.

... Not sure I can convince my husband to try other lines. He really likes the laid back sort of wacky Carnival atmosphere.

Good luck. I think that you would both find other options refreshing. I would say that NCL would work if he likes "laid back". Likewise, Celebrity is a refined laid back (they don't pester you with bingo and sales), but lacks the "wacky" component.

Tom

Hmmmm........ Maybe they are sending different ones to different people? I got mine e=mailed to me, and it looked almost like the old fill it in on the ship survey. At the end they indeed have a space for me to give a shout out to anyone who made our cruise a little bit brighter & they asked for department they worked in, name, and any comments good or bad. Then it was (hopefully) submitted into the free cruise drawing.:)

This was exactly how mine was I received it about 10 days after we disembarked.

My comment is not directed at the OP. Just a general statement or two... ;)

Regardless of how positively a question or statement is worded, if there is a place (column) to strongly agree or strongly disagree or some other option in between, how is this skewed? Seems if your hand moves to the strongly disagree column, you have an option to voice your opinion.

As for writing in comments, you can always write negative comments in the positive comments section. Or use the old fashioned method of picking up a pen and paper, writing down your thoughts, addressing an envelope, and putting a stamp on it. This includes sending them your suggestions for how *you* think they should be wording their surveys. As an aside, there probably isn't enough paper in the world for some people to voice all of their complaints. :rolleyes:

:D

Archived