Airline Baggage Fee

cruzndiz

Is it included in the Regent airfare? I am flying out on Continental which charges for all bags.

Really doubt it. The only airline I know of without baggage fees for anyone is Southwest and don't think R books anyone on Southwest. If you are flying First or Business First, there is no baggage fee for the first 3 bags per person but, Regent is only paying air fare and not the myriad of different baggage fees for different airlines that could be incurred. For instance, you could be over the weight limit and the fees vary for each airline.

if u have the American Express platinum card and pick Continental as your airline choice for the year, AMX-Platinum beginning in 2011 (also in Dec 2010) will refund up to $200 of fees including baggage fees per yr. Other fee refunds from AMX-P are found below. Many cruisers get the AMX-P card to get the $300 SBC per cruise (Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, et. al) this new $200 fee is also nice.

1.Checked bag fees

2.Overweight/oversized baggage fees

3.Change fees

4.Phone reservation fees

5.Pet flight fees

6.Airport lounge day passes and annual memberships

7.Seat assignment fees

8.In flight amenity fees (food, beverage, pillows, blankets)

9.In flight entertainment fees excluding wireless.

Friends who sailed with us in December had to pay baggage fees from their local airport to the gateway airport. On their business class flights, they had no baggage fees. The return flight from San Francisco was not business class and they had to pay for all bags.

For me, I'd happily pay the baggage fee rather than "have to" shop on the cruise. Happy sailing!

My AmEx is a Delta Sky Miles card.... don't know if any of those benefits apply :(

No the benfits do not apply. Only for the non-branded amex platinum cards.

Host Dan

Host Dan,

We are booked on the Jan. 7 ten-day Navigator. We also have a AMEX Business Platinum. How should we go about getting the $300 SBC (we were unaware of this perk) and the refund for the baggage fees?

Since you are just up the road, I'm in Clear Lake City, and your cruise is in just a few days, thought I'd help you as I have a Platinum as well. You had to pay with your Platinum Card for all of your cruise and the card needs to be in your name. Not totally sure a Business Card works but, you can call Am Ex and get that answer. It can't be a branded Delta, etc. card. Your TA should have gotten a number from Am Ex and given it to Regent to qualify you for the credit and it should show and maybe does on your Regent invoice. Call your TA immediately and ask for them to do their job and get your the credit as long as you paid using the card and Business works.

For your airline credit, you need to search the Am Ex website for the new Platinum perks and sign up there. You can only sign up for one airline for the calendar year so choose the one you expect to spend the most with in 2011. They say that they will credit your account for up to $200 in misc. charges per year within 2 weeks of you paying for the baggage, etc. charges with your Platinum Card. Hope it's not a business card that you can't use for pleasure.

Hope this helps and any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dave

Good question. I'd be very surprised if Regent didn't cover the baggage costs, if you book your air through them. This is just a guess, but I'm thinking about the free sandwich voucher we got on Air Canada a couple of years back, which Regent covered.

Regent did not cover our baggage fees when they booked us on US Air last March.

Actually RallyDave, u only need to own the AMX platinum card you can pay for your cruise with any AMX card (Starwood AMX) as long as you own the AMX platinum card (e.g. the one that carries the $450 annual fee).

Actually RallyDave, u only need to own the AMX platinum card you can pay for your cruise with any AMX card (Starwood AMX) as long as you own the AMX platinum card (e.g. the one that carries the $450 annual fee).

Thanks for the clarification Wes. To clarify one of the OP's question, there is a Platinum Busness Card and a Platinum Business Credit Card. The "Credit Card" is free and therefore doesn't qualify for the $300 Cruise Priviledges while the "Card" does cost $450/yr and then should qualify for the $300 OBC assuming the OP paid for the cruise with this card or another American Express Card.

Hope this clarifies things for the OP.

Unfortunately we dont get the $200 towards airline charges here in Canada in spite of having the correct AMEX Plat card but we do enjoy the $300 OBC each time we cruise plus a myriad of other benefits.

IMO Host Dan stated it very clearly. Since the question on this thread is whether or not Regent pays luggage fees, the simple answer is "no". However, if you have a AMEX non-branded platinum card, you may want to check their website to find out how you may be eligible to have the fees refunded.

IMO Host Dan stated it very clearly. Since the question on this thread is whether or not Regent pays luggage fees, the simple answer is "no". However, if you have a AMEX non-branded platinum card, you may want to check their website to find out how you may be eligible to have the fees refunded.

ROFL.... TC were you a teacher or school principal or librarian?? You remind me of my aunt :p

ROFL.... TC were you a teacher or school principal or librarian?? You remind me of my aunt :p

No, none of those things. (Highly respect those professions but would have found them boring. . . besides, isn't a hypnotherapist the polar opposite of those professions?) Remember, "I" am not TC. . . . ;)

We are connecting from a domestic carrier (Alaska) with baggage fees to an international carrier (Lan) without fees. By agreement, Alaska will accept without fees whatever amount of luggage the international carrier accepts provided that the transfer occurs within a specified time frame.

Archived