Carnival Spirit to Australia..

RD64

You know, I'm justing thinking about the initial repo cruise. From my experience, repo cruises (transatlantic for example), are VERY cheap. Granted they have tons of sea days, but heck, if I can cruise, eat, and have all the entertainment for $50-$60 a day, I'm all for it. I hope this is the case on the Spirit. I'm watching the website daily for when that repo cruise becomes available. I would venture to guess it will sell out in a flash.

Here is what the Radiance of the Seas is doing for her repo from Vancouver to Sydney. I would expect Carnival to do something similar.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

16-Sep Vancouver, British Columbia 4:30 PM

17-Sep Cruising

18-Sep Cruising

19-Sep Cruising

20-Sep Cruising

21-Sep Cruising

22-Sep Kailua Kona, Hawaii 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

23-Sep Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 8:00 AM Tendered

24-Sep Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 5:00 PM Tendered

25-Sep Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

26-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 8:00 AM Docked

27-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii

27-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 11:59 PM

28-Sep Cruising

29-Sep Cruising

30-Sep Cruising

01-Oct Cruising

02-Oct Cruising

03-Oct Papeete, Tahiti French Polynesia 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

04-Oct Moorea, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

05-Oct Bora Bora, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

06-Oct Cruising

07-Oct International Dateline Cruising

08-Oct Cruising

09-Oct Cruising

10-Oct Cruising

11-Oct Auckland, New Zealand 12:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked

12-Oct Bay of Islands, New Zealand 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

13-Oct Cruising

14-Oct Cruising

15-Oct Sydney, Australia 7:00 AM

Unfortunately, Carnival's press release said the itineraries will be released by the middle of this year. So it could be anytime between now it June. So we might have a long time to wait for these itineraries.

Yeah I know :(...But I figure its worth a quick check so I can book right away once it's released. Something tells me it will be sooner than later now that CCL has made the official annoucement. Plus, the sailings are next year so...:D

Here is what the Radiance of the Seas is doing for her repo from Vancouver to Sydney. I would expect Carnival to do something similar.

16-Sep Vancouver, British Columbia 4:30 PM

17-Sep Cruising

18-Sep Cruising

19-Sep Cruising

20-Sep Cruising

21-Sep Cruising

22-Sep Kailua Kona, Hawaii 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

23-Sep Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 8:00 AM Tendered

24-Sep Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii 5:00 PM Tendered

25-Sep Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

26-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 8:00 AM Docked

27-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii

27-Sep Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii 11:59 PM

28-Sep Cruising

29-Sep Cruising

30-Sep Cruising

01-Oct Cruising

02-Oct Cruising

03-Oct Papeete, Tahiti French Polynesia 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

04-Oct Moorea, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

05-Oct Bora Bora, French Polynesia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

06-Oct Cruising

07-Oct International Dateline Cruising

08-Oct Cruising

09-Oct Cruising

10-Oct Cruising

11-Oct Auckland, New Zealand 12:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked

12-Oct Bay of Islands, New Zealand 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

13-Oct Cruising

14-Oct Cruising

15-Oct Sydney, Australia 7:00 AM

I'm salivating already :cool:...I imagine they will probably break this into 2-3 sailings. I dont think I've ever seen a CCL sailing longer than 16 days. ;)

Yeah I know :(...But I figure its worth a quick check so I can book right away once it's released. Something tells me it will be sooner than later now that CCL has made the official annoucement. Plus, the sailings are next year so...:D

Hopefully you are right and they announce them soon.

I was just about to tell you that the sailings are not next year, they are in 2012. I guess I am still in 2010!!:eek: Glad I caught myself before I started to type!

Hopefully you are right and they announce them soon.

I was just about to tell you that the sailings are not next year, they are in 2012. I guess I am still in 2010!!:eek: Glad I caught myself before I started to type!

:D I am still writing 2010 on checks and at work. I'll probably get into 2011 around June or so :(

I'm salivating already :cool:...I imagine they will probably break this into 2-3 sailings. I dont think I've ever seen a CCL sailing longer than 16 days. ;)

It is more than likely they will.

This RCI sailing is split into two.

Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Sydney

Yep. But the ship that is replacing the Spirit for Alaska more than likely won't be announced for over a year. So we have a long time to wait.

Most likely - since Spirit is in Alaska till Fall 2012, our original plans might still work. :)

But then what ship will replace the Splendor?

Probably none, unless the above happens they said they aren't going to replace the Spirit but are looking to base a ship from San Diego in the future should the market recover. So maybe the Splendor will do a little of each and less cruises for all the itineraries

Probably none, unless the above happens they said they aren't going to replace the Spirit but are looking to base a ship from San Diego in the future should the market recover. So maybe the Splendor will do a little of each and less cruises for all the itineraries

This might be what happens.

During the summer the Splendor does Alaska, during all the other months the Splendor will do her usual 7 day Mexico, plus add in a few 15 day Hawaii cruises, because from what I have heard they are selling very well.

They originally only had 2 sailings, but they canceled some Mexico cruises to add another one. So I guess it is selling well.

I doubt they would put a Fantasy class in Alaska because there are much fewer balconies comapred to other classes. I also think the Destiny, Conquest, Splendor classes are too big. Therefore, my guess is another Spirit class will do Alaska. Just my .02.

I doubt they would put a Fantasy class in Alaska because there are much fewer balconies comapred to other classes. I also think the Destiny, Conquest, Splendor classes are too big. Therefore, my guess is another Spirit class will do Alaska. Just my .02.

But which Spirit class ship would they use??

Pride- Only Fantasy/Spirit class ships will fit into Baltimore

Legend- same thing as the Pride, but Tampa

Miracle- Needs the speed to go from NY to the caribbean

I think some have been up to 17 and maybe 18 days.

A b2b2b may be in order - Alaska, then Hawaii, then repo to Australia. Should only take about a month!

I believe the Splendor is to big to sail to Alaska. She is to deep for the ports I believe. But anyone correct me if I am wrong please.

Carnival Splendor is the same tonnage as Diamond Princess and Sapphire Princess. Both of these ships sail Alaska with no issues, including visits to Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier.

Carnival is making a smart move here. With the American economy still languishing the Aussies did not even have a recession and are booming.

Expect spirit cruises out of oz to reflect the cruise market there with prices significantly higher than us equivs

Archived