Carnival Spirit to Australia..

RD64

All I can say as someone who IS NOT RELIGIOUS

There just may be a GOD:D

Now we may be able to use our $100 Carnival Certificate down our way without having to spend $4000 Plus on flights to get to the States.

THANK YOU CARNIVAL

We love Carnival Spirit.

You guys down under really deserve a ship of your own, even tho I hate to see the Spirit leave. Maybe it will be an excuse for me to finally visit you Aussies. BTW, are you people refered to as "Low Lifes", because you're down under. hahaha, just joking.

You guys down under really deserve a ship of your own, even tho I hate to see the Spirit leave. Maybe it will be an excuse for me to finally visit you Aussies. BTW, are you people refered to as "Low Lifes", because you're down under. hahaha, just joking.

No and even if joking THAT is an insult

Wow, that's not very nice! :eek:

This is such AWESOME news for those of us downunder!! Now we will not have to travel longhaul (and spend heaps of $$ on airfares) to get on a superliner. Flying from N.Z. to Sydney is quick, cheap and easy for us. Plus, as I have a family-of-five, it's so exciting to know we are going to have a ship that has interconnecting cabins. None of the locally based P&O ships have either interconnecting cabins :(

This is such AWESOME news for those of us downunder!! Now we will not have to travel longhaul (and spend heaps of $$ on airfares) to get on a superliner. Flying from N.Z. to Sydney is quick, cheap and easy for us. Plus, as I have a family-of-five, it's so exciting to know we are going to have a ship that has interconnecting cabins. None of the locally based P&O ships have either interconnecting cabins :(

I am happy for you but I have to be honest and say that I'm sad for those of us in SoCal that have had so many ships taken away from us. Maybe someday I can go to Sydney for a cruise! :) How long of a flight is it from LAX to Sydney???

The Spirit is leaving SoCal! Do we get another ship when the Spirit leaves? I'm sorry but this news makes me very sad. :(

Hoping a "Breeze" blows the way of SoCal to replace Spirit.

Whatever we get, I hope it's not another Spirit or Fantasy class. No offense to the people who love these two classes (I like them fine too), I'd just like to try a different class of ship. After two cruises on Spirit I'm a bit "Spirited out" and Fantasy class makes my balcony-loving self cry.

Stuart Dunn (Spirit cruise director) must be absolutely psyched about this development. I hope they let him stay in charge of Spirit. As a fellow Aussie we had a good chat about home on my recent cruise and I reckon he'd be pretty happy to be based out of Sydney.

All I can say as someone who IS NOT RELIGIOUS

There just may be a GOD:D

Now we may be able to use our $100 Carnival Certificate down our way without having to spend $4000 Plus on flights to get to the States.

THANK YOU CARNIVAL

We love Carnival Spirit.

Totally agree oysterfiend, and from an Aussie ( and my wallet's ) perspective.....Hallelujah !!

Whatever we get, I hope it's not another Spirit or Fantasy class. No offense to the people who love these two classes (I like them fine too), I'd just like to try a different class of ship. After two cruises on Spirit I'm a bit "Spirited out" and Fantasy class makes my balcony-loving self cry.

you are lucky to get so much choice so close to home:)

I also hope for a "Breeze"!

I will be on the Spirit 9 day next month and I have an extended aft balcony. This is my first balcony and I know that Spirit will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

Stuart Dunn (Spirit cruise director) must be absolutely psyched about this development. I hope they let him stay in charge of Spirit. As a fellow Aussie we had a good chat about home on my recent cruise and I reckon he'd be pretty happy to be based out of Sydney.

I bet he is very happy. Stu was my CD on the Elation. I thought he was great! Stu is actually the only CD who I remember out of all of my cruises. :)

Best news this year! We're on the Spirit again in November this year for twenty days, and knowing that as of late 2012 cruising her in future will only cost us about $600 in airfares (or only cabfare if she comes to Fremantle in the West) rather than $4000 to get to the US put a very big smile on my face indeed. My better half is already keeping an active 'net eye out for itineraries and sail dates from Sydney so we can book early - her birthday is in October, so guess what next year's present is! Here's to Platinum status!!

Very interesting looking at the Port of Sydney documents. It appears as if Holland America's m/s Oosterdam, along with P&O Australia's Pacific Pearl and Pacific Jewel will sail as Carnival Australia ships April through December 2013. The Carnival Spirit is currently booked for Australia duty until at least June 2014.

Host Mach, do you think we will get another ship?

: eek :

this host has already stated that there is no ship going down under, and there are no pat downs in galvaston.

maybe one day he will post he does not work for or represent carnival.

How about the answer to the most important question of all....

WILL THERE BE A REPOSITIONING CRUISE???!!!

A nice swing by to Bora Bora, Tahiti, maybe Easter Island, and then a couple of stops in New Zealand and Australia. Special Cruise Director: Paul Hogan. Special appearance by: Storm'n Norm'n and Skippy.

I am really sorry to hear this first thing in the morning!

I don't want to feel blue all day. I really like the Spirit!

It is soo sad that San Diego has built a new cruise terminal just when ships are changing their itineraries.:mad:

Well, if we get a replacement ship it will be a good thing. I like trying new ships. Hopefully some class we haven't seen before, not another Spirit or Fantasy class.

I'm still holding out for Breeze :)

For those wondering about the Alaskan itineraries....on our December Pride sailing, I was told by a crew member that Carnival would be discontinuing all Alaskan cruises. That's when I first heard about the change of itinerary for the Spirit. I haven't mentioned anything up until this point not knowing the credibility of the information, but it does look more and more like a possibility....keep in mind that this was a shop employee and not the Captain, so take it with a grain of salt, LOL!

I would not hold out hope for the Breeze in SoCal:( By all accounts, the market is not sufficient to sustain such a large ship.

My bet is that the Breeze will call Miami home (largest cruise port in the world), and CCL will shift around ships to keep market representation in SoCal. Will be a smaller ship, though.

This development might explain why the balance of the 2012 schedule has not been released yet. With the news, I'm thinking we'll see it soon.

I am happy for our Australian fellow cruisers, though! Imagine spending over $4,000 on airfare to cruise...wow! Aussie's are real cruisin' keeners :)

Archived