Are High Heels Do-able?

Sweetmona

Hello! Just packing for my first cruise ever, which will be onboard RC's Oasis of the Seas. I'm accustomed to wearing heels 3-4" high, but was wondering if most of you ladies leave them home, or just carry on as per any other vacation or night out?

Bring the heels! But bring lower shoes JIC the seas turn rough.

I've been on a few cruises where the captain actually announced that ladies should not wear their high heels because of rough seas. So, like Sadie said, bring one pair of lower heels just in case of problem seas.

Yes...heels very doable if you are accustom to them, but as Tink3 stated make sure they have some rubber grip on bottom, if not you can buy the "stick on's sole" @ Wal-mart (sorry can't remember the proper name -they come in black & clear) - I have seen women "go down" on some of the high polished floors :eek::o;)

I was on the Oasis of the Seas last month. We saw lots of high heels in the evenings. A cruise ship is a perfect place to wear high heels. If your feet start to hurt you can go back to your cabin and change. You will walk shorter distances than you would “going out on the town” when you are home. So defiantly take at least 1 pair for evening high heeled sandals.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ’89 & Oasis of the Seas ’10

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

Lindblad Expeditions – Sea Bird ‘10

Future Cruises:

Paul Gauguin – February 9, 2011

Hello! Just packing for my first cruise ever, which will be onboard RC's Oasis of the Seas. I'm accustomed to wearing heels 3-4" high, but was wondering if most of you ladies leave them home, or just carry on as per any other vacation or night out?

Don't leave home without them.....;)

I stopped taking heels on cruises many years ago. I don't care how calm the seas are, the moment they say those magic words 'formal night' the ocean seems to hear and decides to get rough. After one cruise of laughing uncontrolably at all the women walking like drunken sailors (including myself) in those heels, I decided never again. ;)

Ok, a chance for a guy to jump in where not needed. We have been on lots of cruises and most were in pretty calm seas. But we have also been on cruises where the seas surprised lots of folks. As to ladies in heels, we have seen quite a few end their cruise in a cast. Its hard to fight vanity so bring your heels....cause I do love to see those ladies in 4 inches or more :)

Hank

Go for it! Bring your heels. All of them! A pair to match each outfit if you'd like. I do over pack but nothing stinks as much as not having those perfect heels to match your perfect outfit! If you know how to walk in heels, I wouldn't worry about any rough seas, etc. Part of the joy of your cruise should be putting on a minm-fashion show! ;)Enjoy!

Archived