Compensation for "Bumped" Cruise on the "O"

Renorita

An update on being bumped from our 10/29 Cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

We were able to get rescheduled for the 11/12 Cruise. We will still get an Guaranteed SS cabin "or higher", our deal of 2 dinners at the Pinnacle, wine and CD of the Cruise. In addition, they also threw in an additional $100 shipboard credit. Not great, but at least they made some effort, so not complaining. Besides we only had our deposit down, so they would not have been out that much if we had canceled.

That does not sound like a bad offer especially since it is 8 plus months away. The extra hundred is nice. The down side is having to wait a few weeks longs:(

As long as you have not made travel arrangements yet it could be a winning situation.

rita: glad to hear that you have received a resolution which is satisfactory to you! You will be all rested up for Thanksgiving week upon your return! I hope you will have a great time on the cruise.

"Lovely Rita, meter maid...... "

:-)

That's great news!

Not a bad comp on HALs part ..... I'll take that any day!

Glad to hear it's all sorted out. Now the hard part .....

Waiting til Nov to get on board.

But it can be fun, making the anticipation build up!

:-D

Glad to hear this, Renorita. I know how upset you were and understandably of course. You have an extra $100 and just a little more of a safety factor because you're just a few steps further away from the height of hurricane season!!!

So all's well that ends well:)

Thanks everyone for your support! :) I am even more pleased with the outcome, as we originally got the SS Cabin for $975 which included the Pinnacle package. When I recently checked the prices for that cabin on this Cruise, found out that it was going for much higher than on the 10/29 sailing.

As far as the waiting goes, to help pacifiy me, I booked our first Celebrity Cruise, a six night pacific coastal sailing from Vancouver to San Francisco for Aug. 28th. My DH doesn't know about it yet as it is to be a surprise major Birthday present. He will find out on the 23rd of June, so don't tell him before then. :D Just kidding as he doesn't read these boards. Not as addictive as I am.

Iggi:

Hope to see you on the ship! Haven't heard of too many so far who have signed up.

Vic:

Thanks a lot! Now I am going to have a new nickname. :eek: :)

Rita

As far as the waiting goes, to help pacifiy me, I booked our first Celebrity Cruise, a six night pacific coastal sailing from Vancouver to San Francisco for Aug. 28th.

Rita -

Be nice to the Infinity! WE'll be getting on her as you're getting off....

Vic:

Thanks a lot! Now I am going to have a new nickname. :eek: :)

Rita

LOL

Sorry luv

After communicating with you for such a long time, that song

seems to pop into my head! And it's a Beatles tune, so it

complements you well.

:)

Rita -

Be nice to the Infinity! WE'll be getting on her as you're getting off....

You've got it Dave!

We will especially be nice to the following areas: Martini Bar, T-Pool and Persian Gardens, and the U.S. Restaurant.

Vic:

Thats okay, I like the Beatle's! And the "lovely" part is so fitting! :D

What is so funny is that years ago when CB's and not CD's were popular, my handle was "Meter Maid". Too funny!

Rita

Archived