Venice homeport--Where to stay in relation to airport & port??

krysti0423

I leave for my cruise on June 3, 2011 out of Venice. I will be leaving my home, Washington, DC on June 1st to arrive early so my husband and I can stay in Venice from the 2nd-3rd. Where are some really great hotels to stay that are still $200 or less US? Also, I am not sure where the cruise dock is, is it near the airport? I just need to know where is a good place to stay so we won't be all over the place from airport to hotel to port.

Thanks ;)

The airport is about 20min. outside the city.

The cruiseport is IN the city of Venice.

There are tons of hotel possibilities.

You will find some ideas on this site on the Med cruise port board.

You can also find ideas on Trip Advisor which is the sister site to this one for land vacations.

You can also use http://www.venere.com and put in your budget and dates and a list of possible hotels will come up. You can read reviews and then compare them to the reviews on Trip Advisor or to the suggestions you get from folks on this forum.

Euro has pointed you to the right board but we will give a short answer here for those who might be interested. The most convenient location to stay (for both airport and cruise port connections) is the area very close or in the Piazale Roma. There are several reasonbly priced hotels in this area such as the Ca Doge (we like this little place) or the Best Western Olimpia. The Piazale Roma is the only place on Venice where there are actually cars and they have direct bus (or land taxi) connections to the airport. To get to the cruise port it is possible to walk, take a local bus (the 6/ bus), grab a land taxi (only a few Euros) or use the new overhead People Mover that connects directly to the cruise port (although there is some walking associated with this option). Some of the cruise lines even run a free shuttle bus between the Piazale Roma and the cruise port. This area also has a large vaporetto dock (water buses) so you can easily go anywhere around Venice or the other islands in the Lagoon,

Hank

If you are staying two nights I'd suggest something central in Venice versus port or airport, but everything is a bit more pricey for that walking convenience.

Can you find something for two for under 200 bucks/night, yes.

I leave for my cruise on June 3, 2011 out of Venice. I will be leaving my home, Washington, DC on June 1st to arrive early so my husband and I can stay in Venice from the 2nd-3rd. Where are some really great hotels to stay that are still $200 or less US? Also, I am not sure where the cruise dock is, is it near the airport? I just need to know where is a good place to stay so we won't be all over the place from airport to hotel to port.

Thanks ;)

Archived