13 days and no cabin assignment

Comeoncruisin

I know it is frustrating to not know which cabin you will have, but in my experience, the longer you have to wait, the better your cabin will be when you finally get it. And yes, they often give you the assignment at the dock....not sure what gty you booked, but you have a VERY good chance of getting a great upgrade;)

Tell hubby 'no worrys', if you have a guarantee booking, you will have a cabin assignment, if not in the next 12 days, you will receive it when you arrive to check in. This does happen often with some sailings. But my guess if you keep checking your Princess personalizer, your cabin assignment will show up sometime in the next 10 days. ;)

We are sailing B2B on the Caribbean Princess on Feb. 13th and booked a GTY cabin.

My husband is getting worried we won't have a cabin. Has anyone ever had to wait to have their cabin assigned at the port?

Thanks

We are in a GTY on the the same ship on Feb 6th and still have no assignment. I have been looking on here for similar feedback over the last couple of weeks. There was a lengthy thread on CC recently with folks who had similar waits. Some didn't get assigned until they got to the port. You are guaranteed a cabin at the level you bought or higher. Everyone on the thread who commented got at least what they purchased and some got upgrades. Some also took a move over where the cruise line offers you a deal to move to a different sailing. All the move overs where voluntary. The only unusual thing I saw was a payment issue where someone's reservation was cancelled. As long as you can see your reservation on the Princess Cruise Personalizer, you should be ok. You can always call them to confirm that they just haven't assigned you a cabin yet. I know it is stressful waiting and anticipating (my DW is on the edge of her seat). I would just sit tight and see what happens. Here's hoping that you and I get a visit from the upgrade fairy. :)

Tell hubby 'no worrys', if you have a guarantee booking, you will have a cabin assignment, if not in the next 12 days, you will receive it when you arrive to check in. This does happen often with some sailings. But my guess if you keep checking your Princess personalizer, your cabin assignment will show up sometime in the next 10 days. ;)

Even when the personalizer is closed for changes in the days before the cruise, you can still access the boarding pass and luggage tags, both of which will have a cabin number if one has been assigned.

Even when the personalizer is closed for changes in the days before the cruise, you can still access the boarding pass and luggage tags, both of which will have a cabin number if one has been assigned.

You sure can! :) You just can't make any changes, but you can still access what you need, including your cabin number, boarding pass and luggage tags right up until the day you board. ;)

As for upgrades, they seem to happen anytime. We received the exact same type of upgrade (from obstructed view to unobstructed) on our last two cruises. In one case, we found out four days before the cruise. In the other one, we had our cabin assignment before the final payment date.

We are sailing B2B on the Caribbean Princess on Feb. 13th and booked a GTY cabin.

My husband is getting worried we won't have a cabin. Has anyone ever had to wait to have their cabin assigned at the port?

Thanks

Hi,

we are on the same cruise for a B2B........and got until now no cabin assignment, but we don't worry about.

Have booked an AE gty. mini suite and are very anxious, what we get.

Tell your hubby, you are not alone ;)

Bernie

We booked a AE Guar category on our B2B Cruise last December and the previous January 2010.=Both times we were lucky to be upgraded-last january we went from AE to PH Lido and last December from AE to AB Dolphin. We found out last January 7 days before we left. and 30 days out from last December.

Whatever they assign you will love.

You sure can! :) You just can't make any changes, but you can still access what you need, including your cabin number, boarding pass and luggage tags right up until the day you board. ;)

I'm pretty sure it's up until the day before you board.

I recall checking the morning of embarcation, and the documents

were not available.

I'm pretty sure it's up until the day before you board.

I recall checking the morning of embarcation, and the documents

were not available.

That's strange as I have printed luggage tags at the hotel (forgot them at home) the day we boarded the ship in the past. Maybe they have changed it recently??

That's strange as I have printed luggage tags at the hotel (forgot them at home) the day we boarded the ship in the past. Maybe they have changed it recently??

I've had to print new luggage tags the day of a cruise also. I think I was able to print the documents, but was not able to go into the documents.....If that makes any sense.

This was in december. Maybe it was just a glitch that day...

I had another problem, where the "E-Pass Preferred" banner

wasn't showing on the top of the page.

I was afraid the wouldn't let me in to the elite lounge, if the

boarding pass didn't say preferred.

I tried the next day, and got the banner.

I think the system might be a little less than perfect.

Once Princess assigned your cabin, is that for keep or Princess can change it again at a later date (or can assign you a different cabin at check-in time)?

Thank you.

Can the cabin assignment change after being assigned? Yes. But usually what you are assigned is where you will end up. There are exceptions to every rule though, so although it is possible, it doesn't happen very often. Enjoy!

We got our assignments for Grand quite a while in advance, but we had been upgraded when we got to the cruise terminal. We had only checked a couple of days before and our inside room was still showing.

All three of us (2 rooms) were moved from inside to outside. And my mum had a small leak in her cabin and got upgraded to the aft disabled mini suite with the large wraparound balcony on the aft. Although she is not disabled.

You never know what will happen.

Matthew

I know it is frustrating to not know which cabin you will have, but in my experience, the longer you have to wait, the better your cabin will be when you finally get it. And yes, they often give you the assignment at the dock....not sure what gty you booked, but you have a VERY good chance of getting a great upgrade;)

You are lucky as you will get an upgrade. We booked our most recent cruise and got a cabin assigned the next week (4 months before our cruise), but got no upgrade. Our last cruise we got an upgrade a week before our cruise and then a second one 4 days before our cruise to a full suite.

Once Princess assigned your cabin, is that for keep or Princess can change it again at a later date (or can assign you a different cabin at check-in time)?

Thank you.

I am currently in negotiations with Princess (long story involving misinformation given to me by a Princess rep) about my cabin on a cruise in June. The rep that I dealt with most recently told me that once a cabin has been assigned on a GTY, it will not be automatically upgraded by the computer. No more upgrades or changes after the assignment is made.

The rep that I dealt with most recently told me that once a cabin has been assigned on a GTY, it will not be automatically upgraded by the computer. No more upgrades or changes after the assignment is made.

If not by a computer, then by a human, because I have had more than one upgrade assigned on a cruise.

Archived