SICK question

hlb76

We sail on Sun on Spirit. Everyone we are surrounded by is sick from co-workers to friends. Now today the hubby and I are feeling a bit under the weather ( runny nose and cough) Now I'm worried about sailing.

Are they still doing the health screening? What does it take to pass? I'd hate to get there and not be able to board. I'm happy we have our 1st balcony so if we are feeling sub par I have no issues just relaxing there.

TIA

We sail on Sun on Spirit. Everyone we are surrounded by is sick from co-workers to friends. Now today the hubby and I are feeling a bit under the weather ( runny nose and cough) Now I'm worried about sailing.

Are they still doing the health screening? What does it take to pass? I'd hate to get there and not be able to board. I'm happy we have our 1st balcony so if we are feeling sub par I have no issues just relaxing there.

TIA

hlb76,

Yes, they are still doing the health screenning. It's not a pass or fail test; it's a questionaire that you select yes or no answer and then visit a nurse for exam if you have been sick or exposed to sick people.

Here's the questionaire from last year that may or may not have changed;

2048174940065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

hlb76,

Yes, they are still doing the health screenning. It's not a pass or fail test; it's a questionaire that you select yes or no answer and then visit a nurse for exam if you have been sick or exposed to sick people.

Here's the questionaire from last year that may or may not have changed;

2048174940065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

hlb... Just say NO!!! :D

Hey Paul, this jumped out at me... we had that exact same cabin (suite) on the Destiny a couple months ago. :)

TIA

When I feel a cold coming on, I take 1000mg of Vitamin C tablets daily and Airborne. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it always helps the symptoms go away quickly.

Feel better.

Seems like 90% of San Diego has this crazy cold! sore throat, runny nose, cough. Every single kid in my sons karate class is coughing. Im just glad we are all fighting it off now! Mine actually got so bad they put me on antibiotics. 23 days to get better, for us! Starting me, hubby and the boys on airborne today. Costco has great prices on it! I say start taking some of that, dont stress, get lots of rest.

Good luck and when you get back tell us all about it, cause Im right after you!!:D

Thanks everyone! I know it's cold season and everyone will catch one at some point. Just stinks it's right before we leave. I do thing that the stress of things has worn me down. I'm so not prepared for this vacation even after planning it for months. :(

TIA

Yes, health screening is in pllay. All it consists of is a questionaire about your current health condidion. Unless you are showing obvious symptoms of being truly ill, (looking feverish, vomiting, etc.) You should be fine.

My daughter and I just came back from Pride 1/16. She had a runny nose, sneezing, and was fine. Her symptoms disappeared in a couple day.

If you coughing is violent or consistent, that might be another issue.

Good luck.

On my last recent cruise I was sick with a chest congestion. I lied on the questionaire that I was fine. I was sick the whole time I was on the cruise ship but I wasn't coughing or spreading germs to other people. I spent most of my time alone and in my cabin.

It was a four day cruise and the air-conditioning made my chest congestion worse. I was glad to get home and rest. It took weeks to get rid of the chest congestion. I took all kinds of meds but only time healed my problem.

I was worried of coughing or showing signs of illness when I checked in but I had taken meds so I wouldn't cough when I arrived.

MY Illness was strange where I wasn't coughing but I felt sick.

If I had been seriously ill I would have cancelled my cruise. But I think my strange illness was caused by me crying and getting stressed out over some problems that I had in my condo. I had plumbing problems and water damage to my neighbor's condo below me and I was responsible for damages to her condo. I had other problems too the week before my cruise.

I am happy to say that I will be cruising too on the Carnival Spirit on Feb. 6th in good health. Since it is winter time.... lots of people show up with colds and the flu on cruise ships. It's a given. I carry antibiotics and cold medicines just in case I get sick on the ship.

Yeah, I doubt you would have trouble with a cold. I was sick for two months with Allergies the last time I cruised and once we were out to sea like Magic it was completely cleared up. Something about that clean sea air I guess. Good luck, hope you feel better.

Thanks everyone! I know it's cold season and everyone will catch one at some point. Just stinks it's right before we leave. I do thing that the stress of things has worn me down. I'm so not prepared for this vacation even after planning it for months. :(

On both my B2Bs, I was sick the 2nd leg.. so clearly someone got on the first leg sick. Im now to the point I try and never touch the hand rails on the stairs or anything else I can help from touching.

I know I have a bad habit of holding my arms across my chest and touching my face and mouth. Just try and not touch what you can if you board healthy.

Exactly! Why would you show up, then say you are sick and be denied boarding?

I had to fill out the form on my 2nd leg and obviously I was sicker than a dog .. but I had gotten sick from someone on the first leg .. on the same ship. They let me back on .. when obviously I had a terrible cold.

Everyone who is sick is going to lie anyway .. its useless. Who is going to admit to being sick when they board if they might be denied boarding?? Not me.

Fire,

I wasn't sick, but did lie; the part about 'have you been in contact with anyone Flu or H1N1 positive?' I had countless patients the day before with flu symptoms and several Flu positives. I touched every one of them and I'm sure I was exposed though I was wearing a mask, but I had been exposed SOOO many times that my immune system was among the best in the country so why should I submit to be examined? :rolleyes:

Hey Paul, this jumped out at me... we had that exact same cabin (suite) on the Destiny a couple months ago. :)

klmorg,

That was our first mid ship empress cabin and we enjoyed our time there. It sure would be nice to be there this week.......... BRRRRR it's coooold! :o

Everyone with chest / sinus congestion, sore throats, coughs etc, please remember that Salt Water is the best treatment for all of these ailments. Hit the Carnival pools as soon as you board and dive under a few times. Be ready for a deluge of mucus so plan ahead for where the bathrooms are so you can get cleaned out in private and not share your mucus with your fellow passengers....:p Better yet swing by the nearest beach before you board and dive under a few waves; you can be cleaned out and ready for your cruise!

Seriously, the salt water will suck the mucus right out of you and clear up your sore throat as well by pulling the contaminants right out.

Ever wonder what we do with people who are full of mucus and can't breath in emergency situations? We shoot salt water in their mouths and noses and suck it back out. We don't usually have to use much suction because it thins the secretions and they come out very easy.

Everyone who is sick is going to lie anyway .. its useless. Who is going to admit to being sick when they board if they might be denied boarding?? Not me.

Bingo!

If you are too sick to stand in the embarkation line, perhaps they will notice. Otherwise the sick will sail. :D

Archived