Dress Code Poll

Can'tstopcruising

Let's get this straight. Please choose one option.

On formal nights:

1. I think each and every passenger should dress formally, the entire evening and in all public locations except the top deck.

2. I think each and every passenger should dress formally in the dining room only.

3. I think each and every passenger should dress either formally or country club casual (nicely!) in all public locations except the top deck.

4. I think each and every passenger should dress either formally or country club casual in the dining room only.

5. I think each and every passenger should dress how he/she prefers, anywhere, any time, including shorts, flip flops, t-shirts, whatever.

I checked off "poll" but it may not work!

Also, in replies, would those of you who choose Country Club Casual (or Smart Casual) please describe exactly what you mean. I think these terms may mean different things to different people.

3 for me also. Smart casual to me means a nice shirt with or without tie, smart pants and nice shoes for men. For ladies smart skirt or trousers with a nice top..A short, summery dress also. However, my choice is always formal on formal nights anyway but I don't see why anyone should be pressured to dress formally if they are not comfortable.

Sorry but I think your poll is flawed. You start with "On Formal Nights" and then give various options for dress BUT you dont have an option for "I dont think there should be a Formal Night."

I myself follow the dress code because for the most part, other than traffic laws and marijuana, I believe in following rules but if there was no "official" Formal Night I wouldnt dress up. Unless my wife made me.

However, if I had to choose, and NO Formal Night was not an option.

Then why are responders answering the question with a #.
(re: what is country club casual)

They are responding because they have THEIR version of Country Club Casual, which as we all know, is often different than somebody else's idea of CCC.

(re: what is country club casual)

They are responding because they have THEIR version of Country Club Casual, which as we all know, is often different than somebody else's idea of CCC.

so what

Although I choose to wear a jacket and tie on so-called formal nights, I could live with those who choose #4. I really would not be impacted by those who choose #5 as well, although I would never dress that way in the evening.

I thin the right answer is #1, which is the way it used to be - formal all night. That's how formal night got its name!

But the current policy is acceptable which is #2 for the dining room (formal on formal nights)

and #3 for the rest of the ship (formal or smart casual)

For smart casual we dress like we're going someplace nice (since we are) like a party, friends for a nice occasion, out to a nicer restaurant, etc. I usually wear nice slacks or dockers with a button up sports shirt (short or long sleeve), like a Tommy Bahama shirt. But anything from a decent looking polo (decent = not grubby) to a jacket and tie is OK; I even think a dressy t-shirt (silk or nice fabric) is fine. And while jeans are not my thing unless the dress is more casual, I think jeans are fine as long as they are nice looking and not torn, ripped, stained, or otherwise grubby looking.

Thank you all for responding to my "flawed!" poll!

I wish more of you would be specific about what you consider Country Club (or Smart) casual. That way we would know if we are talking about the same things.

My husband would wear casual pants (but better than dockers) and either a long or short sleeve sportshirt (Like Nautica), maybe a colored t-shirt and a nice sweater or sport jacket. (The Sport jacket only at home, not to pack!)

I would wear linen pants and a nice top. At home, I would wear a pantsuit, but I don't want to pack pantsuits.

Welll, this is an evasive answer, but I think everyone should comply with whatever the dress code and policy is for that night as posted in the daily.

If it is formal, then it is formal. If the guidelines say to keep in dress code in public areas, then do it.

I understand and appreciate the viewpoint of those who have other ideas about dress codes. I think a workable compromise (which means nobody is entirely happy) is to require dress code compliance for late dining.

Personally, my wife sees my grungy side most of the time, and my wearing a tux helps my wife feel special-that is all the reason I need to gussy up

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Putting Together a Smart Casual Look

So, how do you make the dress code for smart casual work for you? You have a number of choices. First, consider your personal style and the clothing you most enjoy wearing. Of course, you also need to take into account the event or the business.

Love to know says :

When you're dressing on the slightly more formal side of smart casual, you may want to opt for a collared shirt, although you can forego a necktie. Cotton trousers like khakis are acceptable, but some may even prefer to wear dress trousers. Shoes should be loafers or dress sandals, and unless it's a blazing summer day and the event is outdoors, you should wear nice socks. Jackets are expected, but they can be sport coats, rather than suit jackets.

Want to go on the more casual side? If you're a die-hard jeans and T-shirt guy, you'll be pleased to know you can wear jeans and T-shirts to some events - if the dress code for smart casual is loose enough. Feel free to ask! Nevertheless, the jeans must be black, clean and completely without fading or rips. Likewise, the T-shirt should be black and the outfit tied together with a good belt and jacket, and maybe even a hat, since you are going on the slightly funkier side.

3 - for joedog's reasoning alone.

CC Casual means at minimum a tie and jacket for men.

Sorry but I think your poll is flawed. You start with "On Formal Nights" and then give various options for dress BUT you dont have an option for "I dont think there should be a Formal Night."

I myself follow the dress code because for the most part, other than traffic laws and marijuana, I believe in following rules but if there was no "official" Formal Night I wouldnt dress up. Unless my wife made me.

However, if I had to choose, and NO Formal Night was not an option.

I could go with 3 or 4. My problem is that I have a couple of formal gowns that are not terribly comfortable and while it's nice to get dressed for dinner, I hate having to wear them throughout the entire night. So I do take off the formal dress and put on a skirt for the show and any other postprandial festivities. I've always seen women dressed less formally than I am.

Archived