ON board credit

asda

Whats the most obc you have recieved for a single cruise? plus how did you get that much?

we have put money into the future cruise downpayment scheme were you get additional obc when you book , but how else do people get so much?

Hi

I do not know much about OBC, however am going on Azura in October for 15 nights and they have really put the boat out here with £20.00 yes £20.00. This must be the least OBC unless anyone can better that other than Zero.

Regards

JO:)

Don't know too much about P & O, but with Cunard, and I cannot think P & O would be any different, if you book a cruise while on a cruise, balcony grade cabins receive $600 ($300 per person) if you book the cruise in a sale, you could get another $450 then add shareholder benefit for 14 day cruise another $250, could be as much as $1300, more for the grills I would imagine

Both P&O and Cunard have a Future Cruise Downpayment where you pay £200 per person on board as a deposit for a cruise to be booked in the next 12 months. You can use it with any travel agent and get whatever offers are going at the time plus you get up to £100 per person on board credit on P&O (for 22+ days cruises) and up to $400 (for Grills) on Cunard. Details of benefits here

http://www.cruise.co.uk/images/Cruise//cruise_gallery/1/Future%20Cruise%20Down-payments_0.pdf

So with Cunard you actually get back more benefits than your deposit and your deposit has been used to partially pay your cruise!

Brian

I always deduct the OBC and free carparking when comparing the prices as for me nothing in life is free... some how you are paying for it... so I always look at it as my money to start with as it was in with what i paid for the holiday.

The most I heard of was a friend on mine booked early once and there was a big change to the cruise and they were given £700 for the trouble. My firned and her husband arent drinkers so with the excess left at the end of the cruise and some birthday money she had burning a hole in her pocket she brought a lovely diamond ring...

I am looking for a trip in march and cant find any obc, where last oct we had 300 per couple.

Booked late last year.

Hey there jamiedog. :D You and Mum off on your travels again?

Not much OBC around at all right now.

Just off the Oriana yesterday where the wife and I had £300 each OBS. The future cruise downpaymant on P & O has been reduced from £200 to £50 per person. Just wonder, with such a large number taking that option, what affect it will have on future cruise prices.

• 4 years later...
I dont agree,

that £500 is spending money and the cruise was cheaper than if you booked months ago.

We paid £969 pp for a balcony with £305pp onboard credit. The balconies went up to £1899 pp with only £45pp onboard credit. Insides are currently £1029 and we go next Saturday :-)