Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I know this is a Fashion & Beauty thread, but there have been tragic events in our country this week. To anyone affected by the horrific events in Boston or Texas, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Cruising is our extracurricular activity and we enjoy the benefits; however, nothing is as important as day to day real life.

Earlier this week, my Cruise Clothes photos were taken outdoors in very comfortable conditions...this morning there was snow falling:eek:. It lasted long enough to put a white layer on the roof! So once again the flannel-lined jeans come out of the closet - yikes!

The Garage Sale is in 2 weeks - keeping fingers crossed that Mother Nature will provide temps at least in the 60s.

Shorts length has been an issue for me this season...the long, slim-legged Bermudas make my legs look shorter than they are...and the short short short shorts - I won't EVEN go there:eek:.

At WalMart, there was a rack of Faded Glory cuffed shorts that fit my criteria, so I bought yellow and purple. Cuffs didn't look that good, though, so my Alterations Goddess worked her magic and now the Shorts Drawer has 2 new additions:). The yellow ones are going to Bermuda. I'll be sure to have a photo from the cruise:cool:

QUESTION: How often do you put on some piece of clothing from last year only to realize it's out of style OR worse, "What was I thinking? This isn't at all flattering!"

Almost every Cruise, that happens to me...

Edited by indiana71

QUESTION: How often do you put on some piece of clothing from last year only to realize it's out of style OR worse, "What was I thinking? This isn't at all flattering!"

Almost every Cruise, that happens to me...

I was making a photo book of our cruise on Shutterfly, and, I thought the same thing of a skirt and top that I just wore in December? It made me look about 20 pounds heavier, and was not flattering at all? It looked much better in the mirror at Marshall's dressing room!

As for me I go to the gym twice a week after work so yes I am wearing makeup - but it doesn't drip or run or anything like that (maybe I'm not working out hard enuf and/or sweating enuf? ).....in fact when I get home and clean my face I notice that my makeup is still ON - I do use good stuff maybe that helps (e.g. Tarte amazonian clay foundation - that stuff never comes off till you decide to take it off).....so I know I look semi decent even at the gym! ....(If I went to the gym on a saturday morning no I would not have anything on my face)....

Hi Froufie, I hope you don't mind me chipping in but I'm interested in your experience of this foundation. I'm from the UK and never heard of it. I always have to wear full makeup including camouflage makeup as I have a port wine stain birthmark on my face. I can't wear sunglasses without them taking off my makeup so I thought for my upcoming cruises I will go with a sunhat instead. In the past I've braved it makeup free on holidays and cruises but this will be my first holiday with the new man in my life and I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

As for me I go to the gym twice a week after work so yes I am wearing makeup - but it doesn't drip or run or anything like that (maybe I'm not working out hard enuf and/or sweating enuf? ).....in fact when I get home and clean my face I notice that my makeup is still ON - I do use good stuff maybe that helps (e.g. Tarte amazonian clay foundation - that stuff never comes off till you decide to take it off).....so I know I look semi decent even at the gym! ....(If I went to the gym on a saturday morning no I would not have anything on my face)....

Hi Froufie, I hope you don't mind me chipping in but I'm interested in your experience of this foundation. I'm from the UK and never heard of it. I always have to wear full makeup including camouflage makeup as I have a port wine stain birthmark on my face. I can't wear sunglasses without them taking off my makeup so I thought for my upcoming cruises I will go with a sunhat instead. In the past I've braved it makeup free on holidays and cruises but this will be my first holiday with the new man in my life and I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

Well it's a bit more coverage that I am used to -but as I get older maybe that's a good thing? :)

The Tarte 'amazonian clay' products are supposed to be longer lasting - as mentioned the foundation does last thru my gym workout - I also have a tarte amazonian clay blush - and that DEFINITELY STAYS ON all day long - in fact I have to use it very lightly when I first put it on.

I would advise checking out reviews on makeupalley.com or sephora.com.....and if you do have this product around maybe you can get a sample and try it out? Good luck!

Shopping Overload can only happen when it's all about shopping and not at all about Finding and Buying:confused:. That's what happened to me this week...not that I need more...

Dresses at TJ Maxx and Penneys, that looked nice on the hanger, just didn't work on me. Tops were too-o-o long and would have completely covered my shorts - not the look I'm after:eek:.

The hours weren't lost - my Shopping Day occurred on a sunny day that didn't require a jacket:cool:. And lots of walking is such good exercise!

Ok let's see if this workd.

UGH!!!!:( It didn't upload the pics. Ok how does it work to upload them. I have bee able to upload when I used my old computer but with this new one it won't let it upload.

Gerry

How are you trying to upload your pictures?

I looked at my winter white legs over the weekend and said "yikes"! I'm leaving on Wednesday for 10 days in Europe. I've got one dress to wear in the evening for a few dinners (it's a land trip, so no one will notice), so I figured I had to cowgirl up and get some color on those legs. It's still too cold for sitting out on the porch, so the fake tan was called for. I usually hate that stuff because I'm very sensitive to scents. I couldn't use Jergens because it was too much scent. I tried St. Tropez last year - I had to thoroughly wash my legs AND I had to change the sheets on the bed the first night!!! I saw an ad somewhere that the Jergens Natural Glow was re-formulated without scent. I bought some and, wow, not totally odorless, but not bad at all. I got the "3 Days to Glow" version in the Fair to Medium tone. I'm on day 2 (1 day on, 1 day none, 2 day on) and it really is working well. I may not even bother with day 3 - it's just enough color now that I look not white, but not dark tan. It didn't streak and my nasty 6 inch scar at my ankle didn't over-darken as happens with some products.

I just thought I'd let you all know. I'm NOT a fashionista (I'm the one who goes for 10 days with 1 dress, 2 pairs pants, 5 shirts), but I figured you all would be interested in this one.

TNGALOHA: After reading that you couldn't upload photos on your new computer, I'm concerned that will be my fate, too:confused:. On my old computer I would go to snapfish (where all my photos are stored), click on a photo to Copy and Paste it wherever.

Tried that yesterday...the photo didn't paste...hope someone can help us. Sure will be sad if posting photos won't work anymore:(.

slidegirl: Thanks for the info RE reformulated Jergens! I'm going to try it for our Next Cruise - in Two Weeks:cool:!!!

Prepping for Garage Sale Saturday - weather looks good...hoping to sell clothes (even though most Garage Sale buyers don't even give clothes a second glance...)

I read this quote in "Real Simple" magazine and thought it was perfect for CCFs:

"The most confident of women are those who believe in every scrap of fabric that they wear." - Sarah MacLean

This is exactly how I want to feel every moment on a cruise:cool:.

I read this quote in "Real Simple" magazine and thought it was perfect for CCFs:

"The most confident of women are those who believe in every scrap of fabric that they wear." - Sarah MacLean

This is exactly how I want to feel every moment on a cruise:cool:.

I am gonna get some Jergens too. I have some but with the old scent...tolerable , but like without. Gotta get started this weekend on cruise stuff. Been busy with new grand baby girl.

Hey, finally got a pic to upload..I hope. She is a real fashion statement!

I agree with the confidence factor in what you wear on cruises:)

474399_10201078144375169_1450323819_o.jpg.9b4668d4a3def95f16f3be3e7183340f.jpg

I am gonna get some Jergens too. I have some but with the old scent...tolerable , but like without. Gotta get started this weekend on cruise stuff. Been busy with new grand baby girl.

She is adorable!!! A definite CCF in the making!!!:)

What an adorable picture. Loved the crochet band and diaper cover!

Hi Ladies,

We leave on our cruise in less than 3 weeks. I'm having trouble deciding what shoes to wear with this dress. I thought I was going to wear a pair of red strappy (kitten heel) sandals but they are so uncomfortable. I've looked through my other heels and I do have a taupe pair and a pewter pair that are really comfortable but I don't know if they go with the dress. I'm out of my element when things don't match perfectly. I can't do high heels anymore due to arthritis--only kitten or flats. I have a challenge for you. Could you please help me find a pair of affordable (cheap) kitten heels that would go with this dress ? Thank you in advance. :)

388030582_EllenTracydress.jpg.8ff31411e9d25e7665cabfcc9acdb536.jpg

806255101_silvershoe.jpg.7c64b67ce93f38bddd880fb19d54547b.jpg

Edited by jkudzu

Oh I see the dilemma as neither of those sandals really go with it.

JCP have an online sale on at the minute, X off if you spend certain amounts, you might see something there. Or if you have a Marshals/TJ Max/Ross you might pick something up that isn't too epensive.

You do have a few colors to choose from that would match.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER