Aqua Class Amenity Review

SilkShirt

We sailed again on in AQ. Different ship and different port. Not too much has changed. The priorities don't exist. Blu is still the best part and the room stewards don't really know much about AQ class.

I will add to the above comments, that we did get the binoculars, but although they were fairly powerful (8x21), they were very compact and difficult to find objects. I enquired from the desk what was the cost to keep them, and was told $17.00....

She said I could find them available elsewhere for less. So that should tell you something about their quality.

Glad that I brought my own with me, as usual.:)

It *is* nicer than sitting in the back but it's not going to change your whole world around. It's not like unicorns fly around farting delicious smelling candy rainbows

How am I supposed to discreetly cruise CruiseCritic if I'm going to burst out laughing like this?? thanks!! LOL

Okay, total newbie here. We have just booked an Alaskan cruise on the Millennium and "fell" into the Aqua Class. When trying to get port side rooms for better glacier viewing the only ones still open were in Aqua Class on the to be newly built Deck 11. The price was only $50 more per person for the week and now reading about it I am pretty excited, as much for Blu as anything else. Any thoughts from veterans on our high deck choice?

Why are you dredging up an old thread?
Interesting that, "nearly a year" later (it's been that long?), it still says that on the Celebrity site and it's still not quite true. I missed that someone already posted the link before I posted. Is that forbidden on this forum?

Gonzo70, sorry that you seem to find my posts repetitious and out of date. Is there an ignore button you can apply to what I might blather going forward?

Interesting that, "nearly a year" later (it's been that long?), it still says that on the Celebrity site and it's still not quite true. I missed that someone already posted the link before I posted. Is that forbidden on this forum?

Gonzo70, sorry that you seem to find my posts repetitious and out of date. Is there an ignore button you can apply to what I might blather going forward?

This is a thread from February 10th, so, yes nearly a year old. Again, what was your purpose/intent of reviving an old thread? :confused:

Gonzo sorry to say, you almost put me off from participating on this forum. I am very savvy and educated and post a lot (3,000+ contributions) on the sister site of Trip Advisor. Reviving old threads if they have new information is encouraged and tolerated obviously more than here. This is my first "real" cruise, we sailed on Commodore back in the 90's and I don't really count that and I am very excited that we landed Aqua Class for less then concierge. This thread was recent when I replied and I am looking forward to 8 months of great information about our cruise.

I thought the review was well-organized to cover the advertised AQ amenitites...everyone has diff. tastes & neeeds...

We very much enjoyed our AQ cruise on Equinox in Jan 2011. Check in was at the "new" pier in Ft Lauderdale b/c none of the bigger ships was using it that day. We were checked in quickly & efficiently, seated sep. & almost immediately went onto the ship right after suite guests...Best check in experience we have had...

We enjoyed all of the AQ amenities, especially BLU....never met the special concierge but did not need any special help booking the spa.. Really could not think of a better accomodation--even if the staterooms are under the pool deck...

Have three more cruises booked & all in AQ

Okay, total newbie here. We have just booked an Alaskan cruise on the Millennium and "fell" into the Aqua Class. When trying to get port side rooms for better glacier viewing the only ones still open were in Aqua Class on the to be newly built Deck 11.

Just so you know, there really isn't a "better side" for glacier viewing -- they turn the ship so all sides get a great view. Plus believe me, you won't spend that much time on your verandah when you're there - you'll be out on the decks where you can really experience it. And it's AWESOME!!!! Have fun!

This is a thread from February 10th, so, yes nearly a year old. Again, what was your purpose/intent of reviving an old thread? :confused:

I guess all threads should be locked after a few months and then be deleted after no activity. :confused: :eek: :D

Another question is how do you even find and old thread to revive, seems like it would be a lot less work to just start a new one. Feb. isn't bad but last week someone revived a dress code thread that was three years old when the dress code was totally different....

I guess all threads should be locked after a few months and then be deleted after no activity. :confused: :eek: :D

Not sure why you would want them deleted; can be valuable information obtained through search function, but I think it would be prudent to lock threads from new posts after a few months of inactivity. Many online communities do this. When old threads are revived the majority of the time what results is people accidentally respond to the original post instead of to the new post.

Sounds to me after reading the explanations that they had a very lazy room steward.....

Exactly...

Nothing wrong with having a chat w/ guest services or the supervisor. They usually try to meet guests within the first cople of days. We've seen a complete change in behavior or performance after doing this once. Not to rag and get them written up, but to simply receive the service they're selling us!

Not sure why you would want them deleted; can be valuable information obtained through search function, but I think it would be prudent to lock threads from new posts after a few months of inactivity. Many online communities do this. When old threads are revived the majority of the time what results is people accidentally respond to the original post instead of to the new post.

It is meant as satire in reference to what I quoted. I am not suggesting that they be deleted. :eek:

Exactly...

Nothing wrong with having a chat w/ guest services or the supervisor. They usually try to meet guests within the first cople of days. We've seen a complete change in behavior or performance after doing this once. Not to rag and get them written up, but to simply receive the service they're selling us!

Have you ever experienced any retaliation? One lady was telling us that she talked to an employee and their supervisor on her last cruise. Everything went fine until the last day. When she got off the ship she couldn't find her luggage. After many hours they finally found one bag and the tag was missing plus the bag had been opened and items were missing. The other bag was never found and X is only responsible for a limited amount. She is sure that the employee was responsible.

Another question is how do you even find and old thread to revive, seems like it would be a lot less work to just start a new one. Feb. isn't bad but last week someone revived a dress code thread that was three years old when the dress code was totally different....

It's very easy to get an "old" thread. People coming to this forum are continually told to use the search function to find information. I did that when I wanted to read what people were writing about "Aquaclass amenity". Look where using the search got me!

I had no "intention" to open up an old thread. I was interested (and posted about) aquaclass amenity. Somebody else took the thread in the direction of thread freshness.

I have sailed on Solstice in aquaclass and now I have a reservation on Infinity in aquaclass. My interest is in knowing what may have changed since our last cruise and with the solsticizing of Infinity. For me this is a very fresh subject. For someone else, apparently, not so much.

Know what? If you don't want people reading old information, maybe stop advising them to use the search function.

I have been reading this thread and it seems a lot of people do not realize that Aqua classs gets all the concierge class benefits, they are just not listed individually under Aqua Class ammenities. It just says In addition to the concierge class benefits, aqua class gets...

THANK YOU! I read the whole thread just to find this out!

Squid

Archived