Exclusive Top Tier Event

Appgrad

On Liberty last week the top tier event was a luncheon in the MDR at noon. We didn't end up attending for 2 reasons, 1) still too full from breakfast to eat lunch that early and 2) DH had caught a cold so wasn't feeling up to a big lunch event.

We asked our Waiter at dinner the night before what the lunch entailed and he said he thought it was a filet mignon lunch. Didn't find out if that was true or not though.

Speaking of colds, it seemed that half the ship, crew included, had colds. No Noro but lots and lots of colds. Crazy!

Oh yeah....like you've never written anything on Saturday night, that you regretted wrriting on Sunday morning? :D:)

Granted, this was Monday afternoon....but same principle. That 15 minute editing window is a curse sometimes. :D:D

And certainly, I have written things in all innocence, that were badly received by other Cruise Critic members. It doesn't take much sometimes. If I didn't know how different it actually is onboard, instead of on here....I might be tempted not to cruise at all...JMO.:D

I know she probably didnt mean it the way it came out Thats why i sort of joked about it and yes I have said a few things that I havnt been able to edit after I read them and they came out the wrong way

I know cruising doesnt have anywhere the near drama as here on CC Ive met some people @ MM and found them to be alot nicer than I thought they would be after reading alot of their posts

Just as there are a few people on CC that might have me on there ignore list but would actually like me if they met me in person;)

Rescues are always the BEST!!!!

Yep I got her for fathers day last year and if you can tell in the photo I think she has gotten pretty comfortable.... especially with having a bossy bengal leopard around as well

Oh yeah....one of my girls does that all the time. Soooo cute...she is taunting her Momma to come give her a belly snuzzle! :D
Yep thats what my GF does Edited by jonbgd

Hello! I am getting ready to be Platinum. What does this perk entail?

Thanks!

OH, you'll become Platinum after our cruise? yeah for you. We worked HARD to be platinum in time for our Alaskan cruise to help save that extra $100 for the balcony. Heck, every penny counts.

Erika

heres our Bengals before we had to put our snow leopard down:(

Those are really pretty cats! Do/did they live in Texas or California?

Our Louie died 10 years ago...He adopted us, and he was not orange, but he was a great cat. We haven't had another yet, because he was really special. And as I previously posted, I haven't been too successful with the imaginary kittens at the shelter.

http://www.herbytoys.com/Louie.htm

:)

Edited by Coralc

On Liberty last week the top tier event was a luncheon in the MDR at noon. We didn't end up attending for 2 reasons, 1) still too full from breakfast to eat lunch that early and 2) DH had caught a cold so wasn't feeling up to a big lunch event.

We asked our Waiter at dinner the night before what the lunch entailed and he said he thought it was a filet mignon lunch. Didn't find out if that was true or not though.

Speaking of colds, it seemed that half the ship, crew included, had colds. No Noro but lots and lots of colds. Crazy!

On our 14 night Ultimate Alaska cruise in September, it was a luncheon on a sea day complete with champagne or mimosas. The lunch had a choice of a NY Strip Steak, Salmon and a vegetarian entree. At each table, there was a ship's officer to sit and chat with the passengers. The captain stopped at each table as well. The luncheon was held on the upper level of the dining room and it was completely filled.

In January on Adventure, the Top Tier event was a cocktail party similar to the welcome back parites, but with hor's d'heurves and deserts, including the chocolate covered strawberries. There were fewer people and the party was held in the Viking Crown Lounge.

Those are really pretty cats! Do/did they live in Texas or California?

Our Louie died 10 years ago...He adopted us, and he was not orange, but he was a great cat. We haven't had another yet, because he was really special. And as I previously posted, I haven't been too successful with the imaginary kittens at the shelter.

http://www.herbytoys.com/Louie.htm

:)

Wow what a beautiful cat sorry for you loss but we actually got our rescue cat since I knew we would have to put the Snow leopard down before the move to Texas My GF was in denial but was open to going to shelters

We were fortunate when we adobted Abby she had been returned and was already spade. A couple decide 2 cats was 2 much and returned her

We took her home and she was taught the ways of the house by the Snow and than a month later we put her down since she woiuldnt have survived the move. Her ashes are in a little box as my Gf still has a tear in her when she sees a photo.

The Bengal and tabby are now in texas trying to get along but anyone that knows the Bengal demeanor that is not easy. Biut the tabby is a little love bug.

Im still commuting between the 2 areas for work

Wow what a beautiful cat sorry for you loss but we actually got our rescue cat since I knew we would have to put the Snow leopard down before the move to Texas My GF was in denial but was open to going to shelters

We were fortunate when we adobted Abby she had been returned and was already spade. A couple decide 2 cats was 2 much and returned her

We took her home and she was taught the ways of the house by the Snow and than a month later we put her down since she woiuldnt have survived the move. Her ashes are in a little box as my Gf still has a tear in her when she sees a photo.

The Bengal and tabby are now in texas trying to get along but anyone that knows the Bengal demeanor that is not easy. Biut the tabby is a little love bug.

Im still commuting between the 2 areas for work

That 3rd cat, Sierra?....looks just like my Katie Kat. (Of whom is purring all around me right now). She is from the ASPCA shelter. Purring madly even then as I picked her out at the shelter! Awwww......

I've been to three versions of the event: breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail party.

The breakfast was a buffet in one of the secondary lounges, but it was a really nice spread for food, and they served mimosas and bloody marys as well as your non-alcoholic drinks of choice.

The lunch is a set menu with a soup, salad, your choice of two entrées, and dessert. Just like the breakfast, the food was a definite improvement over the normal food. They serve wine with lunch.

The cocktail party was in the mid-afternoon and served hors dourves like shrimp, chocolate covered strawberries, etc as well as cocktails.

I've always had a good time and tend to enjoy it more than the welcome back party.

To the OP:

We went to the "top level tier" reception on Radiance this past weekend. It was pretty nice. They had a big display of chocolate covered strawberries and some hot appetizers. They were also serving free drinks, and had the live band playing. The Captain gave his speech, as did the CD. Then they gave out the champagne to the top cruiser. It was a couple with 98 cruise credits under the old system, so they are almost Pinnacle.

BTW, I'm fairly certain my wife and I were the youngest people in there (both in our late 20s) so I guess thats where johneeo's blue hair dye remark came from. :D

grady.....are the ships still keeping track of the number of cruises one has, or has it been converted to cruise nights. I know that we have 811 cruise nights, and I think that converts to 114 cruises. It's amazing how one so quickly forgets about the number of cruises when the system was changed.

Maybe I'm just getting too old!!:D

Rick

Love all the "baby" pictures!! My avitar is a picture of my Bandit when he was just a little bitty handful...he spent 15 wonderful years with me until I had to put him down in April 09...I'm certifiable the Crazy Cat lady though..with 5.. the most recent a lovely orange tabby stray I found last summer...I figure once you get past having 2 cat's whats a few more...:D

Op, congrats on making Platinum...the robes & balcony discount was my favorite perk...and the coupon book was better too!

Love all the "baby" pictures!! My avitar is a picture of my Bandit when he was just a little bitty handful...he spent 15 wonderful years with me until I had to put him down in April 09...I'm certifiable the Crazy Cat lady though..with 5.. the most recent a lovely orange tabby stray I found last summer...I figure once you get past having 2 cat's whats a few more...:D

Op, congrats on making Platinum...the robes & balcony discount was my favorite perk...and the coupon book was better too!

Lots of Tabby fans on here!! :D

OP: Don't forget my favorite perk that happened when I made Platinum.....the great balcony discount on your next cruise! :D

Not sure what the new Emerald discount is....I was only Emerald for about 5 days.

• 3 years later...
This is so funny! I will be Emerald when I get off my next cruise. I was looking to see if I got anything for it!

You get $25 more on your balcony discount, and a welcome aboard snack and beverage. You can choose the beverage in the Profile section of Royal's website.

Wow!! This sure got dug up from the history books!! :eek:

Though I did get a kick out of my post on this old thread...I remember

how excited I was when I turned Platinum! ;)

Edited by island lady