Exclusive Top Tier Event

Appgrad

Oh you poor thing. When I first read your subject topic "Top Tier Event", I thought oh, is C&A doing something for their pennacle tier. then I opened and read you were just inquiring about platinum tier. I would say its a tier that finally gets you something, but its still so far away from what I consider a top tier. It does get you a nice robe in the cabin. I liked that.

Oh you poor thing. When I first read your subject topic "Top Tier Event", I thought oh, is C&A doing something for their pennacle tier. then I opened and read you were just inquiring about platinum tier. I would say its a tier that finally gets you something, but its still so far away from what I consider a top tier. It does get you a nice robe in the cabin. I liked that.

S/he is quoting the website list of amenities for each C&A level.

No need to patronize.

S/he is quoting the website list of amenities for each C&A level.

No need to patronize.

Thank you, Merion Mom! I am a pitiful little Gold and when I cruise in September it will finally push me over into Platinum for the next one. It's taken me since 2005 to do that. And, I am really excited to know I'll make that level soon. When someone says something like this, it just makes me picture someone looking down their nose at us "little people". :(

I appreciate you sticking up for us little folks! :) We may not have a bajillion and a half cruises under our belts, but it is no reason to make fun of us.

I close with: Mean people suck. :mad:

Thank you, Merion Mom! I am a pitiful little Gold and when I cruise in September it will finally push me over into Platinum for the next one. It's taken me since 2005 to do that. And, I am really excited to know I'll make that level soon. When someone says something like this, it just makes me picture someone looking down their nose at us "little people". :(

I appreciate you sticking up for us little folks! :) We may not have a bajillion and a half cruises under our belts, but it is no reason to make fun of us.

There are no "pitiful little people".....we are all the same on board as we enjoy our cruise, and happy to have all aboard to make our collective cruise enjoyable.!

On another note: I LOVE your avatar! :D

Sooo cute....I am a total Tabby cat fan with two of my own! ;) :)

There are no "pitiful little people".....we are all the same on board as we enjoy our cruise, and happy to have all aboard to make our collective cruise enjoyable.!

On another note: I LOVE your avatar! :D

Sooo cute....I am a total Tabby cat fan with two of my own! ;) :)

Thanks for the kind words!

I am a crazy tabby lady! That picture is of our "baby" Mittens. He just passed away right before Christmas (at 15 years old), and I just can't make myself change the picture. It makes me smile when I see it!

By the way, I tried to edit this to remove the mean people suck part, 'cause that was not nice of me, I was just upset. :(

Also, I needed to add it has actually taken me since 2003 to get my almost-platinum status. LOL!!;)

But, it won't let me have the little edit option, so I put it on here. Sorry. I will be nicer now! :o

I love your orange Tabby too! We had Frisky for 19 years, he looked a lot like Morris. :D:):D

I don't think Trekker, meant at all to be mean. It was just the opening, that might have "sounded" that way. The pinnacle level is new, not that we're ever going to be there......and I thought the same thing when I opened a thread with "top tier" in the subject line. We are just curious about it. My thought was more of an "Oh". :D:):D

Thats a little condescending for someone that just made diamond you need to wait till you make D+ to look down your nose at us lowly Platinums:cool:

Oh yeah....like you've never written anything on Saturday night, that you regretted wrriting on Sunday morning? :D:)

Granted, this was Monday afternoon....but same principle. That 15 minute editing window is a curse sometimes. :D:D

And certainly, I have written things in all innocence, that were badly received by other Cruise Critic members. It doesn't take much sometimes. If I didn't know how different it actually is onboard, instead of on here....I might be tempted not to cruise at all...JMO.:D

Edited by Coralc

Oh yeah....like you've never written anything on Saturday night, that you regretted wrriting on Sunday morning? :D:)

Granted, this was Monday afternoon....but same principle. That 15 minute editing window is a curse sometimes. :D:D

And certainly, I have written things in all innocence, that were badly received by other Cruise Critic members. It doesn't take much sometimes. If I didn't know how different it actually is onboard, instead of on here....I might be tempted not to cruise at all...JMO.:D

This totally made me giggle. Especially given my need to edit and not being able to earlier. I have such a big mouth, it got that way from wedging my foot in it so often:o

He's adorable. I love orange kitties...is he yours? I keep looking at the shelter newsletter. We found a photo of one we liked at Christmas, and I called up to see if he was available.....and the shelter lady said, "Oh he's not a real kitten dear, he's supposed to represent all the animals that need homes. I don't think he's actually available" :rolleyes:

Ooooh, Merion Mom, what a gorgeous cat!!!!

Is he or she as soft as it looks? That fur looks like it'd feel like silk!

Yeah, I am slowly working towards being a full-fledged crazy old cat lady. And, I'm okay with that. LOL

He's adorable. I love orange kitties...is he yours? I keep looking at the shelter newsletter. We found a photo of one we liked at Christmas, and I called up to see if he was available.....and the shelter lady said, "Oh he's not a real kitten dear, he's supposed to represent all the animals that need homes. I don't think he's actually available" :rolleyes:

Her name is Acadia and she is a domestic longhair.

She is softer than cashmere. :D

And, alas, she is no longer living with me. She is/was my daughter's cat, but both she and my son failed to take her, as promised, and after four years of suffering with my allergy to cats, and neither child taking her, she has gone to live with another person.

:(

And I haven't had to take a single allergy pill since that day!

Oh, and she is a true beige. Not orange at all. Beautiful cashmere-y beige.

Edited by Merion_Mom

To the OP:

We went to the "top level tier" reception on Radiance this past weekend. It was pretty nice. They had a big display of chocolate covered strawberries and some hot appetizers. They were also serving free drinks, and had the live band playing. The Captain gave his speech, as did the CD. Then they gave out the champagne to the top cruiser. It was a couple with 98 cruise credits under the old system, so they are almost Pinnacle.

BTW, I'm fairly certain my wife and I were the youngest people in there (both in our late 20s) so I guess thats where johneeo's blue hair dye remark came from. :D

Thanks for the kind words!

I am a crazy tabby lady! That picture is of our "baby" Mittens. He just passed away right before Christmas (at 15 years old), and I just can't make myself change the picture. It makes me smile when I see it!

You are most welcome! :)

So sorry to hear about Mittens. I lost my 20 year old and then 4 months later, my 17 year old a few years ago. Now have another 2 Tabbies (rescue cats), with one passing under my nose right now as I type.....purrrrrr....